Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chalice is back!

Chalice is back!
April 03, 2012 06:40AM
Letting everyone know that Chalice (Good To Be There, I'm Trying, Stew Peas) is back together! I would love to get some feedback about this band. theskinnybwoyagency@hotmail.com

Re: Chalice is back!
April 03, 2012 11:09AM
Good Bandthumbs up

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[kboo.fm]
[www.italvibes.blogspot.com]
[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 11:22AM by JImSqueech.
April 03, 2012 11:19AM

[kboo.fm]
[www.italvibes.blogspot.com]
[twitter.com]
April 03, 2012 12:56PM
If Third World could be said to have a descendent in JA music, it was Chalice. Both bands came about in the dancehall-centric era of rub-a-dub, and on balance were more popular outside of JA then at home.
April 03, 2012 02:44PM
SkinnyBwoy:

Can you tell me who the members of the 'reunited' Chalice band are? I know the senseless murder of Mikey Wallace prevents a true 'reunion' and am wondering if the others are all on board for this. Man, Desi looks young and spry in that first video.....! Last time I saw him a few years ago, he was backing Jimmy Cliff, so perhaps he'll be in Boonville this June regardless. I only wish we had heard about this 'reunion' a few months earlier because I've been advocating for Chalice @ SNWMF for a while now.....

April 03, 2012 03:52PM
My favorite Chalice chune:

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 04:11PM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
April 03, 2012 04:05PM
I rate your selection, but much prefer this version:

[soundcloud.com]

And this is a next track from that album that I rate haile:

April 03, 2012 04:14PM
I prefer that version as well, years ago some Family from So. Hum. gave my Brother and I a mix with that version, and a whole heap ah WICKED CHUNE....

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 04:16PM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
April 03, 2012 05:23PM
Wow! Love the feedback guys. We've been promoting the band at the local level in Jamaica, so as to make sure the synergy that existed before, comes back to the forefront. Current original members are Wayne Armond - Guitar/Vocals, Ervin "Alla" Lloyd - Keyboards, Keith "Papa Keith" Francis - Bass. Dean Stephens - Lead Singer (with the band since '94). New members - Donald Waugh - Guitarist, Jerome Tulloch - Keyboards and Patrick Anderson - Drums.

Chalice never really got the international recognition they deserved though. We're working very hard to change that!

Some Recent Clippings:
Chalice To Start Studio 38
Chalice Still Blazing

Here they are at Reggae Sumfest 2011

April 03, 2012 05:28PM
The name alone should spark some interest!

Cesar Chavez
April 03, 2012 05:55PM
Well, if you plan a tour of California for the 3rd week of June next year, I know one promoter that would be interested.......!!!

Crossfire is one album that seemed to slip under the radar, but here's a selection from that release that I fulljoy:

April 03, 2012 09:39PM
Daniel, we're planning man... always planning! That'd really help get the band the breakthrough they deserve. Is the forum email a good one to link you on?

@JimSqueech: the Chalice Anniversary Album drops in the next month or so, is there an e-mail for some new Chalice music?
April 10, 2012 09:40PM
Jus found this Gem

Cesar Chavez
April 10, 2012 10:48PM
Chalice on Facebook, Myspace (if anyone still uses):

CHALICE ON FACEBOOK

CHALICE ON MYSPACE

Please visit and add them. They'd love the support!
April 10, 2012 10:50PM
The Skinny Bwoy Agency

CHALICE ON FACEBOOK

CHALICE ON MYSPACE

Ppl are stil on myspace? LOL
I WILL check it, rarely do I loggon though....

Here are some tunes I was already Familiar with, but hadnt heard in YEARS:

Cesar Chavez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 10:51PM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
April 10, 2012 10:51PM

Cesar Chavez
April 11, 2012 12:58AM
And one more cover........

My favorite Wayne Armond cover is a combination with Tony Rebel (that isn't on Utube) remake of Cat Steven's "Peace Train"
April 11, 2012 04:12AM
Original RuffNeck Sol Jah
The Skinny Bwoy Agency

CHALICE ON FACEBOOK

CHALICE ON MYSPACE

Ppl are stil on myspace? LOL
I WILL check it, rarely do I loggon though....

Here are some tunes I was already Familiar with, but hadnt heard in YEARS:

LOL! Yeah, ghost town.

Never heard that Wayne Armond cover with Tony Rebel Daniel. I'll check Wayne and upload.

Here's something from their 2010 set "Let It Play":

April 21, 2012 03:50AM
Daniel
And one more cover........

My favorite Wayne Armond cover is a combination with Tony Rebel (that isn't on Utube) remake of Cat Steven's "Peace Train"

Took me a while to find this one

April 22, 2012 11:54AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSS! Best news I've heard in the field of reggae for some time! Chalice, please bring back music, melody, arrangements, solos, bridges, vamps, sweet lyrics, and great vibes to the stage! I look forward with antisipation!

Blessup!
Grasshopper
Roy
April 23, 2012 11:49AM
I saw Chalice in Montego Bay waaaay back in 1986. They got about 4-5 songs into their set and the power went out in the entire city!
April 24, 2012 01:35AM
Wayne Armond from Chalice was the special guest on Jah Works Radio this week. You can check the interview and show at www.jahworksradio.wordpress.com
Big up Chalice!
April 26, 2012 05:37PM
Chalice for snwmf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login