Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MARLEY, The Documentary

Posted by papa ray 
MARLEY, The Documentary
April 20, 2012 03:24PM
Kevin McDonald's film about BM is well-well recommended, and is more interesting than I had reason to expect.

Saw this last nite & there's much here to celebrate. If the film maker clearly is bewitched by his subject, who can blame the guy? PLENTY PLENTY interviews with those who knew him; family, associates, and pointed, frequent insights from Bunny Livingstone Wailer.

An excellent overview of his early years is dovetailed with an intelligent/thoughtful thumbnail history of Jamaica & Rasta(I went with a couple who knew little to nothing about Bob or Jamaica; they both were impressed with this view of a 3rd World icon/pop star), I can't imagine anyone here not enjoying this...

You also see how being the son of Bob was not exactly a conventional father/parent relationship; as I mentioned to Ras James a few moments ago, Cedella Marley seems to be 25 years of analysis waiting to happen---not a happy person, wrapped in the aura of her Dad's legacy, to say the least.
Re: MARLEY, The Documentary
April 20, 2012 04:12PM
I believe sista irie posted about this a while ago.. id really love to get ahold of it.. come on netflix!!
April 20, 2012 04:37PM
It opens today(Friday); last night saw preview showings in my town as well as a free out door showing in Kingston.
April 20, 2012 05:17PM
Wow nice!! My bad.. guess theres a couple good new ones to look for.. respect
April 20, 2012 07:34PM
April 20, 2012 09:59PM
Just listened this news story live
it will be available to listen to it in an hour
[www.npr.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login