Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF DJ Carter Van Pelt profiled as part of writeup on NYC/Coney Island Sound System Series

Posted by so nice 
SNWMF DJ Carter Van Pelt profiled as part of writeup on NYC/Coney Island Sound System Series
May 30, 2012 11:23PM
i've gotten a little participation in this, which i have to say is among the funnest events i've taken part in

growing and growing

big salute to my brother, returning snwmf dj and event founder carter van pelt

people ask me what djs spin at snwmf... here is a great example -- a person who has put blood, sweat, tears, and years -- unending time -- into this music. this is a man who has dealt directly with burning spear, joseph hill, dennis brown... his saturday morning radio show is recorded and archived, with interviews from jammies to lloyd barnes and many many more, so along with broadcasting hours of the music each saturday morning (over NYC and far beyond), he is creating a documentation of the music. who did what, who was who, how it happened, what things were about... in the words of the creators.

so yes i love this event in nyc, give this a read and listen up when you hear the name president carter in the arena @ snwmf

we deal in quality

[100dbs.com]
Re: SNWMF DJ Carter Van Pelt profiled as part of writeup on NYC/Coney Island Sound System Series
May 30, 2012 11:57PM
true words, nick; will read the article hopefully tomorrow. i'm so impressed with carter's works, what he does for this music, his demeanor in and about this music...he makes me wish i was more inspired to do better works. he makes me feel lazy, which is truly what i am in any comparison whatsoever; i'm just a listener, fan and collector--but carter documents, makes efforts to improve and clarify what knowledge is out there.

glad to hear he's making a return appearance this year! i was so stoked when he was very interested in my twinkles 12" a few years back, just because it was him, you know...

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
Re: SNWMF DJ Carter Van Pelt profiled as part of writeup on NYC/Coney Island Sound System Series
May 31, 2012 05:16AM
Love It!!!

CVP says, "...I swear that reggae can be a revelation when played on a sound system. A song you know or a song you don’t know can sound like the most amazing thing you’ve ever heard when it’s larger than life. This music was conceived to be played this way, and we hardly ever get to hear it this way in the States."

May 31, 2012 02:07PM
Nick,

Is there any way I could get a copy of the poster shown in the article? I love the artwork and would love to put it in my home.

Be well,
eric v
May 31, 2012 10:37PM
Prezident Mash up the Residence

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
June 01, 2012 03:31AM
seriously, all kinda residence!

eric i'll check... should be no problem

hi*fi... well, you know it's true!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login