Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sierra Nevada Massive room in Soulseek

Posted by fourtwentyplenty 
Sierra Nevada Massive room in Soulseek
February 23, 2005 06:20AM
For anyone interested in trading some music, I have created a Sierra Nevada Massive room in Soulseek. Besides being a place to share music, it's also a place to catch some of us online in real time and discuss things. Please feel free to join in and build a little community. Soulseek is free and very easy to set up.

www.slsknet.org

fourtwentyplenty

fourtwentyplenty
j.p.
Re: Sierra Nevada Massive room in Soulseek
February 24, 2005 01:52AM
Whats the name of the room?
February 24, 2005 01:55AM
Check this thread for directions & hopefully see you there:

[www.snwmf.com]
February 25, 2005 07:29AM
We've got four so far. Keep coming y'all.

fourtwentyplenty
xacto
February 25, 2005 10:55AM
Yo, good times ya'll. Check it.
February 26, 2005 08:54PM
yo, thanx for the downloads, lajoshua, gonna listen on my way to
Frisco. Going to the show today...Irie
February 27, 2005 05:28AM
My pleasure J.P. and nice chattin with you yesterday. Unfortunately I had to go and when I came back I couldn't hail you. Another time. Keep checkin in so we can chat up a little more. Hope you had fun at the show in SF and listening to that live material. I listened to the Ikahba and Don Carlos from last years show last night and was loving it. I couldn't make the SF show today. The wife had me on lockdown for going to Long Beach last weekend. There's only so much I can pull in a month. I do try to go to as many shows as I can from SF up to about Ukiah. I try to put as much money as I can into the scene as a fan for fear that it is dying out a little. Hope I'm wrong.

Ras James - noticed you were there today, but we missed you. Keep trying and we'll all link up. Best time to get most of us is at night after 8PM or so.

Looks like we've got 7 or 8 people that are either on or have tried to link up so far. You're all welcome. Some good stuff is being exchanged and we're all opening each other to various genres within reggae that we may not have been familiar with before. Definitely enjoying getting to know the live soundsystem recording world, sound clash world, live show recording world and riddim world. The rest I have covered pretty well, but there's always something that catches you by surprise. See you all there I hope.

fourtwentyplenty
calireggae
February 27, 2005 03:08PM
deffinatley gonna link up with yall on a soulseek once I get home, it's hard to find a good place to get good reggae and I looking forward to it.
February 28, 2005 04:05AM
good recordings, pretty clean, just curious, what did you use? A mic obviously. But what did you use to record with? thanx again. A couple of my buds wre really impressed...peace
March 02, 2005 12:24AM
is this place still working, as i click on link and come right back here
March 02, 2005 05:39AM
JP I didn't make the recordings. Got them from another person on Soulseek and they got them from someone on Direct Connect.

fourtwentyplenty
March 02, 2005 03:48PM
cool, thanx
j.p.
March 16, 2005 08:47AM
what's up fellow soulseekers. been away for a while. I just set up a home network. my virus protection has expired on my computer with the soulseek program on it. don't know if my system is secure. I know there is a way to scan the network with the subscription that has not expired, just havn't figured it out yet. Anybody know about networking? I lost 18 months of "works in progress" to a virus once, don't want that to happen again. fear not, I shall return...
Pale Ryder
March 16, 2005 10:21PM
Come on in and share, I will be there......
March 16, 2005 11:38PM
Nice to have you with us Pale Ryder. Look forward to seeing Forwardzion again and meeting you this year. Starting to get excited.

fourtwentyplenty
Pale Ryder
March 17, 2005 12:01AM
We will bring the roots tonic you bring the 420!
October 14, 2005 06:04AM
Just wanted to bring this one back for anyone interested in trading some music.

fourtwentyplenty
March 23, 2006 06:19AM
Is this room still going? My dsl router took a dump on me and I can't get online with MY computer, the one with the soul seek program on it... HELLOOOoooooo (echo) Chimino, 420plenty, anybody...Helloooooooo
March 23, 2006 06:23AM
I don't really use Soulseek anymore, jp. Guess I found everything I wanted, hehe...

March 23, 2006 07:00AM
Never seemed to take off anyway. was a good idea though. I got some stuff from RM fest 2005 if you don't have it already?

"%@$# That..! I don't like people playing on my phone, I keeps it real..."
pale ryder
March 23, 2006 04:28PM
I still use soulseek, found a way to increase my connectivity to others and increase my d/l speed.........I dont ever go to the sierra nevada massive though, no one is ever on there...........
March 23, 2006 07:12PM
TRUE! I have tried several times since to find someone hanging there and no luck every time.
Ever tried "Torrent" d/l ?? There are many torrent sites!!
[www.torrentbox.com]
[www.torrentreactor.net]
[www.dimeadozen.org]
You need this to d/l torrents:
[www.bittornado.com]
[www.bittorrent.com]
Info. on how to use:
[www.dessent.net]
[bt.etree.org]

Remember:
"seeds" = more seeds is faster d/l
be sure to leave your d/l open after it is completed so others can seed from yours. Some sites you need to keep your share ratio up or sometimes you are cut off for being a leacher {always takes/never gives back}
Its best to leave on automatic d/l,u/l rate till you get to know torrents
Enjoy!!
March 23, 2006 07:24PM
I have never tried torrents, but every time I get on soulseek, there are leaches that dont ask to download several albums, and never say thanks......
March 23, 2006 07:27PM
Bless live traders, anyeyes here wanting to set up live reggae trades via snail mail, please do drop I an email. My computer d/l is on island time (STX one drop), so must go snail. I can do flac/shn or audio and can trade CDR or DVDR. I nice list is open and available upon request...

ic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login