It says no amplified music in campground
June 18, 2012 01:57AM
it says no amplified music in campground ? is non amplified music allowed such as a boom box or small radio?
Re: It says no amplified music in campground
June 18, 2012 02:42AM
yes

Respect Same Way
June 18, 2012 05:04AM
People take amplified music anyway lol
June 18, 2012 08:00AM
boomville

smoking smiley
June 18, 2012 04:09PM
Yah brah Im bringing a crazy sound system and 2 generators to power it!
June 18, 2012 04:11PM
just ignore that - everyone else does (including SNWMF staff)....
June 18, 2012 04:18PM
Why you hatin brah
June 18, 2012 04:36PM
Ignore at your own risk:

The Fairgrounds has a sound curfew of 10:00 PM. Quiet time is from 10PM - 8AM in the campgrounds. Out of respect for the neighbors of Anderson Valley and other campers, NO AMPLIFIED MUSIC IS ALLOWED IN THE CAMPGROUND. There is an after-hours show for campers and 3-day ticket holders only. Stay tuned for afterhours talent announcements.Failure to comply with the rules & regulations will result in forfeiture of festival privileges, & no refunds will be given.
June 18, 2012 04:37PM
The hatin is being done by those wit da sound system, brah.....if i was camping near you, your sound system would be the one wit da flames comin out of it at 3 am, cause i be dumpin gasoline on it and lightin it up. FYAH BUN!!

Love that reggae!
June 18, 2012 05:01PM
why you act like a 13 year old brah?
"Hatin" 'cuz I state the fact that, even tho No Amplified Music is a rule, it is widely ignored?

Why you "hatin" on the festival rules?
June 18, 2012 05:48PM
Yah real smart, start a forest fire because you don't like dub step. Im not hatin on the rules but I live my life by my own rules! Plus i have extra tickets in case I get kicked out. So thanks but no thanks!
June 18, 2012 05:55PM
roots&culture
i have extra tickets in case I get kicked out.

Brilliant! Brah, I take back everything I said about you.....
June 18, 2012 06:20PM
Roots and Culture, you def gotta come over and say hi at the boardie meet up at 6 pm friday, village. We all talk big on da computer, come share a spliff and lets do some reasoning!

Love that reggae!
June 18, 2012 06:34PM
something tells me (probably common sense) that some one going by the name "roots & culture" will

A) not be at the festival
cool smiley never reveal themselves
C) be the only person to actually suffer a beating on the weekend for something totally unrelated
D) All of the above

2 to 1 on B
June 18, 2012 07:11PM
What are the chances that its....

E) Warren finally snapped from the stress of putting on a world class festival and his alter ego is now posting under the moniker "roots&culture" while he thinks he's asleep?
June 18, 2012 07:46PM
It would be that 'alter ego' that got the big up from LKJ!! How funny would it be when i introduce myself if he shakes my hand and says, roots and culture here.....

Love that reggae!
June 18, 2012 08:06PM
It also says "no dogs" in the campground.

Yet every year I see at least a half dozen pooches in the campground and at the show venue.
June 18, 2012 08:10PM
Under tha ADA, certain individuals must be allowed to have their dog (be it a seeing eye dog or companion dog) accompany them on site.....
June 18, 2012 08:11PM
kookmix
It also says "no dogs" in the campground.

Yet every year I see at least a half dozen pooches in the campground and at the show venue.

Yeah. but if they didnt have the rule you would be seeing 100 dogs instead of six.

Same with the no sound system rule, no rule and it would total chaos and a nightmare.

There are always a few to break the rules but most people abide which keeps things tolerable,
June 18, 2012 10:40PM
Well said John!

Peace
June 18, 2012 10:48PM
J_72
Well said John!

Peace

Amen!

Rhythmwise for "Rules of Conduct Ambassador". thumbs up

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
June 19, 2012 01:29AM
Thanks Daniel for the reference to ADA guidelines, but trust me: These were not working dogs unless "hippie" is a qualifying definition in the federal guidelines.

I'd much rather have 100 sound systems than 100 dogs any day. I don't particularly like dubstep, but I can live with it.
June 19, 2012 02:20AM
"Yah real smart, start a forest fire because you don't like dub step"

wrong thing to say on this board bruh
June 19, 2012 02:25AM
Dubstep is always the victim
June 19, 2012 02:46AM
... and the crime!

Respect Same Way
June 19, 2012 04:34AM
kookmix
Thanks Daniel for the reference to ADA guidelines, but trust me: These were not working dogs unless "hippie" is a qualifying definition in the federal guidelines.

You mena you don't think there are many seeing eye dogs named "Indica"?
June 19, 2012 05:45AM
after the past 3 years in the rv section and 2 in the general camp i would rather have the folks head to 1 or 2 spots in the outlaying areas with some sounds rather than 100 mini little parties break out all over the place at 3am..

ear plugs and a black out tent never had any issues....

just my 2 cents see ya at 6pm at the Gazebo!

JT
June 19, 2012 04:29PM
I see that the person known as 'roots & culture' has just started posting to this forum just two weeks ago. I have a few questions for 'roots & culture.

How many festivals allow after hours amplified music?
How many festivals allow dogs, other than for medical and other necessary conditions?
How many festivals have you actually been kicked out of due to your totally irresponsible behavior?

Some people have serious issues with reality.

I hope this person doesn't show up so we will l be spared this stupidity.

Hope to see the boardies at the village on Friday.

Respect - that's why we say it out loud .
June 19, 2012 04:34PM
^^^^ What Mr Bassie said ^^^^
June 19, 2012 04:50PM
' non amplified music allowed such as a boom box '

Thats funny, you've probably said the words boom box so many times you forgot that 'boom' is a loud sound, and when it comes out of a box its most probably 'amplified'. Use your head, the rules are so you don't ruin someone else's experience. But since you live your life by your own rules it sounds like you don't care much about others rules. So just stay home so i don't have to come burn your sound system.

Love that reggae!
June 19, 2012 05:04PM
So wait no ghetto blasters either? ?
June 19, 2012 05:17PM
to be summed up like this....

The Rules are made for people who don't see the need for any Rules. They are not put in place for respectful human beings that have a clue.

Question....How late does the Dancehall run?
June 19, 2012 05:39PM
nomotrouble
The hatin is being done by those wit da sound system, brah.....if i was camping near you, your sound system would be the one wit da flames comin out of it at 3 am, cause i be dumpin gasoline on it and lightin it up. FYAH BUN!!

No need Nomo...a deftly and swiftly applied pair of wire cutters will accomplish the same goal. Besides, fire trucks and their sirens are just as noisy...
June 19, 2012 05:41PM
I will be there and please spare me the idiotic questions brah. this will be my second year at this festy and you will all get to know who l am when you hear the new damien marley scrillex song ring out into your little tents at 4am!
June 19, 2012 05:52PM
suggestion....post a picture of yourself prior to the Festival.

I Ninja D Cat. Will personally roll over to where you are....I will intentionally ignore everyone else...I will find you and make you submit like it was the UFC. Normally this type of action would be frowned upon...I have a feeling this will not. I know you do not know me and I certainly don't know you. Play anything...don't care what it is...just play something at 4am and don't hide. I will find you, I am a Ninja, it is what I do.
June 19, 2012 05:53PM
Ya Stam, i will be sleeping comfortably in my bed in Anchor Bay anyway. Someone else will have to stand in for me and my gas tank. No worries about the fire dept and the sirens, they will just sound like the next Scrillex tune.

Love that reggae!
June 19, 2012 05:59PM
LOL - one thread every year, I swear... (and the beat goes on)

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
June 19, 2012 06:17PM
I would just like to step in here and say to all of the first time festival goers (and other folks) who read this forum but don't post...

Please don't get the wrong idea from this thread!

ALL of us who come to this festival come back again and again (and bring our children year after year!) because of the great vibes of the festival. This current conversation notwithstanding, I've NEVER heard of ANYONE EVER setting fire to an over-loud under-ground sound system late at night, nor have I ever heard rumors of stealthy individuals snipping other peoples wires..

It's easy to get the wrong idea from us "boardies" who often talk a bunch of s**t as we get all pumped for what is, I assure you, the most mellow, and peaceful three day music festival you'll ever attend.

Of course when thousands of people from all walks of life get together and party things may get a little weird, but trust me when I tell you there will be no roving gangs of vigilante sound police menacing anybody, there will be no organized groups of "Boardies" administering beatings of any kind. We are all a largely peaceful and happy group, though we get a little stir crazy waiting around all year for what is our most treasured festival.

If this is your first time coming to our special gathering, be prepared to make new friends, hear INCREDIBLE music, get in EXACTLY as partying as YOU can handle, and be prepared to have a MOST wonderful time! But I want to warn you to be especially prepared to plan on coming back year after year!

All that said, you, my curious and shy first time attendees who are reading the phorum and getting excited, keep in mind that there will be thousands of people also enjoying themselves and that means different things to different people, and sometimes it means people get a bit out of control, and as I said earlier things can get weird. But I promise you this festival is run EXCEPTIONALLY well, and there are plenty of responsible, hardworking and capable volunteers, staff and security who do an AMAZING job EVERY year keeping the madness in check. The folks who come to SNWMF are for the most part a responsible and respectful group and the festival is well prepared to handle those that aren't. (No matter how many tickets they have.) You are more likely going to find a random "chocolate" left at your site (which I recommend NOT eating! unless you are prepared for the consequences..) Than witness any of the behavior mentioned in this thread.

OK, now that I've gotten that disclaimer in there, let's get back to ripping on "roots&culture" who so generously stuck his neck into the wood chipper for us "boardies" to vent on!

Welcome to SNWMF Brah! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2012 06:23PM by Christopher.
June 19, 2012 06:21PM
Somebody named roots and culture promoting dub step?? Wheres the roots and culture in that?? God please let this genre die a quick and painless death
June 19, 2012 06:31PM
Unfortunately iriebarto, there is nothing painless about dubstep. I too am hoping it dies out quickly, at least if it could die out at reggae festivals, that would be great!
June 19, 2012 06:31PM
Here's that Dubstep (One word by the way genius) tune "roots&culture" will be blasting at 4am... Get familiar so he's easy to find....

By the way, there better dubstep tunes out there son, I hope you bring your A game or the only people at your weak sound will be the security team. There are veteran sound crews that will stomp a mud hole in your system, have been coming for years, and have the tunes to really throw a party.
June 19, 2012 06:33PM
Yes Christopher, what brings us back year to year, and what made me come all three days ever since my first day....is the unmatchable vibe. We have to get the grumpiness out before the weekend cause i can't get the smile off my face while i'm there. In the only five years i've been going, i have yet to experience bad vibes. Sitting under that redwood tree near the village stage is something i've been waiting 361 days for. Only issue will be sleeping thru the anticipation this week.

Y'all know i wouldn't be burning anything but me spliff anyway, but if it makes some jaggoff nervous at 3 am while he's waking his neighbors it was worth it.

Love that reggae!
June 19, 2012 07:20PM
I think this is the first threat of physical harm I have made since the days of Jah Meek and he was too far away to take me seriously. It didn't actually occur to me that anyone outside of people who post in here actually read t his stuff. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 19, 2012 07:32PM
Yeah, I forget too... But it was one of those that piped up and started this thread, and it got me thinking, the closer the fest gets the more the excited newbies will be browsing the forum soaking up all the info they can. I just don't want em to get the wrong idea about us!
June 19, 2012 08:05PM
my assumption is that someone calling themselves MAAAWD NINJA will not be taken seriously.
June 19, 2012 08:10PM
Good move Christopher... nice postingthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Respect Same Way
June 19, 2012 08:48PM
nomotrouble
No worries about the fire dept and the sirens, they will just sound like the next Scrillex tune.

...except more musical.
June 19, 2012 08:57PM
Ninja
my assumption is that someone calling themselves MAAAWD NINJA will not be taken seriously.

I suck at photoshop, but a visual image of one of the Golden Girls wearing all black carrying throwing stars and a samurai sword comes to mind.
June 19, 2012 09:10PM
Last year RENEGADE SOUND CAMP went hard all night with the blessing of SNWMF security, though they did make us turn it down a little on saturday and sunday. If you are reasonable and respectful of security they are usually pretty chill, we were far away from family camp too.
June 19, 2012 09:44PM
Is there anyone in the Renegade camp that speaks "Twi-bonic's"?
June 19, 2012 10:05PM
I dont have robot ears but some of the DJs go that direction late night...
June 19, 2012 11:33PM
Speaking of roots and culture time for the return.......

June 19, 2012 11:33PM

If you see me and wanna fight its all good brah l have been training MMA for almost 3 years now ...plus l always win fights no matter how much drugs lm on .. sorry l don't have an awesome custom license plate to pose up in front of
June 19, 2012 11:36PM
Well now its all coming clear, i know this guy, saw him at reggae on the river last year. here's a video of him dancing with his girls:

Love that reggae!
June 19, 2012 11:44PM
Renegade Sound
Last year RENEGADE SOUND CAMP went hard all night with the blessing of SNWMF security, though they did make us turn it down a little on saturday and sunday. If you are reasonable and respectful of security they are usually pretty chill, we were far away from family camp too.

Nice.
Did all the people camping/TRYING TO SLEEP around you give their blessing too? I am sure you put on a nice show, but there are actually some folks who want/need to sleep at night. Even if 90% were ok with it, what about the other 10%?
June 19, 2012 11:48PM
roots & culture, keyboard badass. LOL
June 20, 2012 02:22AM
Mulligan, I am sure you are right, there probably was some disgruntled "senior" campers, if you fall into that category I recommend family camp. Its located on the baseball field and should be plenty quiet.
June 20, 2012 02:35AM
As much as I know this post will forever mark me... I gotta say, the fest would not be the same without folks like "Renegade Sound" who brave the tide and damn the rules. I make at least one foray into the madness every year and ALWAYS enjoy the late night, under ground, "fu** the system", rebel vibes... But in Walter's defense, I do have a quiet, sane place to retire to when I'm over it, and I feel for the folks that don't.

Bless up Renegade Sound... There's a certain I who feels he can bring you a challenge, I say bring your best isht and stomp a mud hole in his *ss!

But that's just me, and I don't count for Isht!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2012 02:37AM by Christopher.
June 20, 2012 03:05AM
I mean no disrespect to anyone, on this board or at the festival, to each their own. That being said, if staff says its ok to blaze fyah til the wee hours then we're gonna burn the house down... EVERYTIME!
June 20, 2012 07:08AM
If I am trying to sleep and some inconsiderate idiot is blasting music to all hours of the morning. I have absolutely no problem taking up the matter with security. If individuals intend to not follow the rules and be disrespectful of their fellow attendees do be prepared to deal with the consequences of your actions.
June 20, 2012 12:14PM
if you are interested in getting sleep. Family Camp or AVB is the best option. Even if you take it up with security, you have to be awake and out of your tent to do so...so you lose. I have 2 kids both under the age of 6....they will be staying home this year...I will sleep like a baby should I use Renegade's mixer as my pillow.

In long (I don't do short) You can be sure that music will be playing, as it has every other year, at this and EVERY other festival that I can think of. Fighting it calling people names etc isn't going to accomplish anything. IF there is responsible amplified activities going on that 90% (as stated earlier) have no problem with then that is probably just too bad for the 10%. They should look around them. See the other 9 people enjoying themselves and take one for the team. This isn't a campground with some punk kids down the way boozin it up and playing Journey into the wee hours of the morning while a bunch of families camp around them in total silence.
June 20, 2012 12:23PM
'take one for the team'

This is always a sign that you are wrong maude ninja.....

Love that reggae!
June 20, 2012 12:44PM
nomo, have you been to an outdoor reggae festival of this size that you haven't heard music playing at 4am? I used to tell my dad that there was no such thing as a 270lb 70 year old man. Didn't know why but they simply didn't exist. He could fight the trend and try and become the first OR he could try something different. He is now like 225 down from 285. Moral of story. You can fight to make this the first festival in history that makes everyone happy during the hours of 2-7 OR you can settle for 9 out of 10 and let the 10th person know where they should try and post up if they want to sleep. Just seems reasonable. That being said, the rules are clear.
June 20, 2012 12:53PM
I worked for an eighty year old 350 pound man bro, they do exist. I leave large gatherings for sleep because of people like you.

Love that reggae!
June 20, 2012 01:56PM
I say it every year. The ones playing loud sound systems in the middle of town at 3:00 -4:00 am are selfish, inconsiderate assholes.

I have been going to music festivals, large and small for about 35 years, and it is always the same...selfish assholes who are usually so stoned and full of themselves that they can't tell that they are selfish assholes.
June 20, 2012 02:08PM
people like me? hmmmm

if you listen to what I said it was basically the same thing Jahsprey said 35 years...always the same.

Also, I can assure you I "am not the one" when it comes to blasting music at 4am. I freak out when cupboard doors slam to loud. My point was to say why not just go someplace you know you won't have to deal with it? the vast majority of people in this forum will are not the people you are upset with. You do not leave the festivals because of "people like me". Please take it back so we can move on.
June 20, 2012 02:58PM
I thought i was addressing 'mawwwwwd ninja'. I do go someplace i won't have to deal with it, but i wish i didn't have to. and that is because of people who make noise in a sleeping area while those people are sleeping. nothing to take back, and no accusations against you....

Love that reggae!
June 20, 2012 03:07PM
you were...I have since calmed down.
June 20, 2012 03:54PM
yo Renegade Sound/M. Ninja - why should I have to inconvenience myself and also BREAK THE RULES regarding family camp (It is for FAMILIES) just so I can get some sleep?

(renegade sound) While your sound may be #1 - your consideration for others is majorly lacking. Throwing out the disgruntled 'senior" camper when you don't even know me...rude. Go ahead and defend your disregard for others but don't disrepect me or others who want to sleep at night.

I do realize complaining/commenting about this is just pissing into the wind....Music is going to be played all night no matter what and good for those who want to stay up all night and then miss the early performers 'cuz they stayed up all night listening to music they can hear anytime. That, to me, is the height of ignorance. Paying big bucks for a festival and then missing reggae you may never have a chance to see/hear again.
June 20, 2012 03:55PM
nomotrouble
Well now its all coming clear, i know this guy, saw him at reggae on the river last year. here's a video of him dancing with his girls:

Hahah i seen that @#$%& too.. freakin goof ball!!!
June 20, 2012 04:06PM
Funny, l have been called a selfish asshole for years but l disagree. Last year at high sierra fest security tried to shut me down but by the 3rd or 4th time they came back my friend offered them a bribe that they couldn't refuse. next thing you know these dudes were dancing like robots till 6am! Guess they took a chill pill Brah!
June 20, 2012 04:17PM
Any person or crew that makes security come back 3 or 4 times, and then bribes them, is a crew of selfish assholes. Seriously. Look at what you just wrote.
June 20, 2012 04:21PM
For the record, I love everybody. See you Friday.
Peace.
June 20, 2012 04:22PM
Hey Mulligan, I dont know about you but I can stay up all night and go hard the next day. Performances dont start til noon and its too hot in the tent by 10! I never miss anyone I came to see because of how late I was up the night before. Saying you should consider family camp isnt rude, it is the perfect place for "the 10%" of people that need their 10 hrs of sleep to function the next day. Youre right about paying the big bucks thats why I want to waste as little time as possible sleeping! I guess we can agree to disagree, , come by Renegade Sound Camp and we'll burn one, hope to see you there, safe travels.
June 20, 2012 04:46PM
Is Roots and Culture/Renegade Sound the same person? You go son, burn that torch, I know from experience you will now be the heir to the throne-"most hated man on Snwmf phorum".......its a very sensitive subject for boardies. Just remember that boardies aren't actually people......they are robots built for one purpose-to shut down everyone that gets a twinkle in their eye. Lol-------Backlash in...........three..........two..........one.........blastoff...

You probably won't get harrased for having a boombox playing in the day, there is 50, 000 watts bumping a quarter mile away. When u try and play music @ night is when u will have problems, serious problems. They will confiscate your equiptment and might cut your wristband........no joke.
June 20, 2012 04:54PM
I've been to many festivals, most in far out, almost in the middle of nowhere places, loud music OK. This one is in a small town small community. They allow this festival to happen. This is also a more laid back family oriented fest. Respect the community, respect the people. U brought down reggaerising and what it used to BE ROTR, and that was in the middle of nowhere. Big up reggae massive
June 20, 2012 04:54PM
so no more talk of Ninja...Angry or otherwise. I have not and do not advocate for loud music to be played into the wee hours. I am simply stating that it will be. WHY should you have to go violate the rules? because you want to sleep. You have already acknowledged that there will be music played loudly. You have already acknowledged that you will not be able to either sleep or do anything about the volume. It only seems logical, that you would move away from the source of the noise once you have determined you cannot shut down the source. I think maybe me saying this is going to happen is being misunderstood as me saying that I think it should happen.
June 20, 2012 05:02PM
No I am not rootsnculture, 2 different people/crews completely
June 20, 2012 05:05PM
Renegade rolls with style....Roots and Culture's parents won't let him come this year. Didn't clean up the basement or something
June 20, 2012 05:13PM
quit suggesting Family (F A M I L Y !!) camp as an option. Family Camp is for Families. I'm not going to (and neither should anyone) camp in Family camp and take up a spot that a family may need.

I realize all night music is gonna happen (thanks Ninja) but that's not gonna stop me from raising a ruckus about it and stating my views.

Thanks for the offer Renegade Sound - if i'm up and about late night I will be sure to take you up on your hospitality.

I have to say that this thread (compared with the threads about late night music from previous years) is much more civilized in tone. Good job!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2012 05:27PM by mulligan.
June 20, 2012 05:50PM

would you expect anything less then "civility" from such a mature group of people?
June 20, 2012 06:08PM
Nice draw.
June 20, 2012 06:13PM
Good deal Mulligan, hope you and yours have an awesome time... Cant wait to see the SNWMF Family is less than 24hrs!!!
June 21, 2012 01:47AM
I'll sleep thru everything. Surround me with speakers, blast JWS all nite long. I'll wake up well rested and refreshed in the morning. Don't get pissed when I crank up the coffee at 8am and start up my music at 9.

Big Big UPS to all heading out tomorrow. We will meet up, there will not be any bad vibes, There will be smiles and LOVE DAMMIT!
June 21, 2012 01:49AM
Earplugs, they're indispensable.
June 21, 2012 02:21AM
ditto pon the Koolmix
June 21, 2012 03:12AM
Ditto x2 Koolmix
The music actually helps me fall asleep and have awesome dreams. I have my earplugs in tights and I'm half deaf though.
I'm up at 8am cooking breakfast and having my music on as well.

The one thing, and it has only happened once years ago, was some crazy dude was screaming until 6am. It was so bad, even with the earplugs. Everyone had gone to bed and the campground was relatively quite by then except for this dude that was in lala land.

I'd rather have bumpin *good* music to drown out all the noise any day or night.

Cheers and happy times at the festival everyone! See you soon smiling smiley
June 21, 2012 04:34AM
talkin about fightin and burning down soundysystems? foreal?

grow the fu•k up

musics gonna be played. does it suck for some people? yes, that includes myself sometimes. get over it. its a damn MUSIC festival. if you have a problem then man up and talk to the people themselves.

dont go complaining to security like some little bombo coward informer. it doesnt go over well. youd be surprised at how people will react when asked politely
June 21, 2012 07:33AM
face668
talkin about fightin and burning down soundysystems? foreal?

grow the fu•k up

musics gonna be played. does it suck for some people? yes, that includes myself sometimes. get over it. its a damn MUSIC festival. if you have a problem then man up and talk to the people themselves.

dont go complaining to security like some little bombo coward informer. it doesnt go over well. youd be surprised at how people will react when asked politely

Last time I tried asking nicely, I got a response almost as assinine as your post. So if I have the problem again I talk to the people whose job it is to enforce the rules. If you have a problem with that feel free to go @#$%& yourself.
June 21, 2012 08:58AM
If renegade was the number one sound, they would have a spot in the dancehall instead of the weak ass parking lot/camp scene. I love when people say this is the best festival ever BUT I don't agree with all the rules, so I'm gonna do my own thing. Idolatry to the fullest.
Please try to remember that this is just not another festival, but a one of kind world class event. Once again, WE are guests in this small town. It's not just about other campers trying to sleep, it's the people who live here year round who are the ones complaining about the late night sound. Big up to Octagon for truly respecting the festival.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login