Post Your Fave Anti-Gun TUNE
July 20, 2012 02:21PM
Re: Post Your Fave Anti-Gun TUNE
July 20, 2012 02:25PM
Donald Dixon ' 'Trouble A Fe You' (1972)

Reel
July 20, 2012 03:24PM

serious thread for serious times...check the situation in colorado
July 20, 2012 03:37PM
July 20, 2012 03:43PM
[Winstrong - Guns & Bombs]

[/video]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2012 03:52PM by Mr.Black.
July 20, 2012 04:00PM
i'm not a gun nut by any stretch...seen/known/mourned far more young people killed from guns than is acceptable but...
nothing will seemingly ever be done about the rampant guns-4-all situation in america...NRA..pried from cold dead hands rah rah rah

if someone else in that theater was holding some sort of weaponry...

u can morally object to guns all day and night..but if u have one when someone is killing innocent people in a public place & gunning to kill you too, you could change the outcome of the day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2012 04:03PM by b.ghost.
July 20, 2012 05:53PM
Frankie Paul "Nah Respect Gunshot"

Respect Same Way
July 20, 2012 06:01PM
if someone in the theater had a gun it would have been a shoot out. granted one might have killed the guy before he did more damage. What if twenty people had guns, it could have been really uglier.

Love that reggae!
July 20, 2012 06:34PM
71 people shot and 12 dead is pretty ugly nomo!
July 20, 2012 06:46PM
armed and trained citizenry as i would say..

[www.youtube.com]
July 20, 2012 07:07PM
Before this incident, I never knew it was legal for citizens to own bulletproof vests...
July 20, 2012 08:53PM
Thank the NRA.....(motto) Arming criminals since 1871.....
July 20, 2012 09:00PM
Sizzla.. Stop it right now
July 20, 2012 09:51PM
Alborosie - Can't Stand it

[mp3]

[/mp3]
July 20, 2012 11:16PM
"Don't be a son of a gun. Be a son of life!

July 20, 2012 11:57PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2012 12:42AM by Irie_Sis.
July 21, 2012 01:05AM
one of the biiggest exporters of guns and war....chickens come home to roost in America
one of the primary reasons I have always loved reggae is because of the spectacular array of songs downing guns and war
this one was a BOOM SHOT when it buss
<

July 21, 2012 01:52AM
Cody, I don't think any one carrying a gun would have made any difference in this case, although gun owners will use it as much as anti-gun people will to further their agenda. It happened so fast and ended so quick, at midnight, in the dark with tear gas- a person with a gun would have made no difference.

Just my two cents.
July 21, 2012 02:06AM
not necessarily THE favorite, but probably the most appropriate -

"the whole town talking about you and your big gun"

July 21, 2012 03:31AM
agree with you 100% on that one Jeff....

another HUGE anti gun tune

mind the long intro.........BOOM TUNE start at 55 seconds

July 21, 2012 11:21AM
bigvein
armed and trained citizenry as i would say..

[www.youtube.com]
One can march and chant for peace all they want. Fact of the matter is being aware, prepared is never a bad idea as a back up plan. Just my 2 cents.
July 21, 2012 01:13PM
July 21, 2012 02:10PM
gun ting an eediot ting fi real....
they made malcolm eat bullets and the black panthers are currently under the ground or under the jail

That being said mandatory JIU-JITSU training would do it.

Someone would have had to tackle and subdue that guy quick which is the only way that could have been mitigated besides not allowing that guy to buy 4 big guns over a 4 month period.

I say physical training over easy reliance upon gun.

People really still preach gun business. Usually people who ain't seen the results firsthand.
July 21, 2012 03:26PM
well, ive seen the carnage and lost many close close friends to gun violence..i'm sure before the year is out there will be a few more shot down.

i just look at it from an actual realistic standpoint, not a moral one.
if you're morally against weaponizing, i understand that too. but all the moral good intent in the world wont change the fact that this country and many others have a horrible love affair with a gun.

i hate guns. but i still believe if someone in that theater had one the carnage would have been less.....

yow Strikkly....hand to hand vs gun is lop sided. i'm looking for this video but cant find it of 50+ jiu jitsu warriors trying to battle a regiment of soliders armed with guns...the hand to hand guys had the most heart, i'll give them that..............but they all died.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2012 03:29PM by b.ghost.
July 21, 2012 03:29PM
b.ghost
but all the moral good intent in the world wont change the fact that this country and many others have a horrible love affair with a gun.

Agreed.
jps
July 21, 2012 11:26PM
July 21, 2012 11:51PM
b.ghost
well, ive seen the carnage and lost many close close friends to gun violence..i'm sure before the year is out there will be a few more shot down.

i just look at it from an actual realistic standpoint, not a moral one.
if you're morally against weaponizing, i understand that too. but all the moral good intent in the world wont change the fact that this country and many others have a horrible love affair with a gun.

i hate guns. but i still believe if someone in that theater had one the carnage would have been less.....

yow Strikkly....hand to hand vs gun is lop sided. i'm looking for this video but cant find it of 50+ jiu jitsu warriors trying to battle a regiment of soliders armed with guns...the hand to hand guys had the most heart, i'll give them that..............but they all died.

the video is called 'the last samarai' with tom cruise.
July 22, 2012 12:45AM
muta seems to side with the NRA on this one..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2012 12:46AM by bigvein.
July 22, 2012 01:51AM
Before the gun was the sword. Before the sword was the club. Before the club was the rock. It doesn't matter what you make available or try and ban. The human will always find another tool to kill with. Maybe its time to focus on the root of the problem instead of blaming inanimate objects for the violence that man creates. Just a thought.
July 22, 2012 02:09AM
east bay herbalist
Before the gun was the sword. Before the sword was the club. Before the club was the rock. It doesn't matter what you make available or try and ban. The human will always find another tool to kill with. Maybe its time to focus on the root of the problem instead of blaming inanimate objects for the violence that man creates. Just a thought.

Exactly!!!

Genocide and government violence have killed far more people then petty crime and the occasional maniac. I'll think about giving up my guns if the police and government soldiers give up theirs first.

Anybody bent on doing violence will find a way to do so, regardless of what's legal or not. Remember a utility knife made 9/11 possible. Timothy McVeigh used fertilizer and industrial solvents in Oklahoma. A gun is just one tool among many that can be used to commit an attrocity. And you can't stop a homicidal maniac by preventing everyone else from being able to defend (and to continually practice defending) themselves.

If we want to get worked up about needless deaths, why isn't there a movement to illegalize private ownership of motor vehicles? I feel far safer walking the streets of West Oakland late at night than I do driving across the Bay Bridge during rush hour:
2009 U.S. auto fatalities: 33,808
2009 U.S. firearms fatalities: 9,146 (and some of them probably deserved it)
July 22, 2012 02:09AM
Regulation, not banning. Four guns in 60 days, 6,000 rounds and a drum magazine which fires 50-60 rounds a minute...excessive weaponry that might have been red flagged with regulation. Who needs all that stuff for "protection"?
July 22, 2012 02:21AM
How else are we to defend ourselves against the zombies?
July 22, 2012 03:21AM
J_72
Regulation, not banning. Four guns in 60 days, 6,000 rounds and a drum magazine which fires 50-60 rounds a minute...excessive weaponry that might have been red flagged with regulation. Who needs all that stuff for "protection"?

The problem is that most regulation is created by people who are either unfamiliar with firearms, or are using regulation to further an anti-gun agenda.

If this guy had been forced to wait 120 days to buy 4 guns, would he have changed his mind? Up until he started shooting there was no objective evidence that would have indicated he was unfit to own firearms. Should the FBI actively monitor everyone who buys 4 guns in a short period of time (it's a lot more people than you might realize). How should they do so? Illegal wire taps?

Ammunition is commonly bought in bulk (thousands of rounds at a time) to save money. Anyway, I doubt this guy used more than a 100 at the movie theater.

The 50 to 60 rounds a minute is a completely arbitrary calculation based on how many times someone can pull a trigger in a minute. Almost all common civilian-legal guns nowadays are semi-automatic and so almost all guns could be said to have that rate of fire, certain people in the media are just drumming up drama. People go crazy over an AR15 because it looks similar to and shares superficial parts with US military weapons that fire fully-automatic. Outside of appearance they are very different and there isn't anything that separates them in a functional sense from thousands of non-controversial rifle designs that have never been used by our military. In other words, you would have to more or less ban all guns to ban them, or you get what happens here in California, where certain firearms are specifically banned by name but identical weapons with different names are fine.

Extensive background checks, 10+ day waiting period from time of purchase, even reasonable restrictions on magazine capacity I'm in full support of. None of this, or even a complete gun-ban will stop events like this from occurring in the future, though.
July 22, 2012 03:22AM
J_72
b.ghost
but all the moral good intent in the world wont change the fact that this country and many others have a horrible love affair with a gun.

Agreed.

Agreed.
July 22, 2012 04:20AM
So what's the answer? Are we stuck with no answer as Michael Moore was in Bowling for Columbine? Is it something inherently amiss in our culture? Or is this getting too philosophical about the issue? I'm asking honest questions here, no rhetoric involved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2012 04:21AM by J_72.
July 23, 2012 10:43PM
ICE T on the matter(Video)

[www.realclearpolitics.com]
July 24, 2012 01:00AM
that's funny I just saw that Ice-T a few hours ago......meh
maybe to defend against police like these tho

July 24, 2012 01:25AM
July 28, 2012 06:32AM
too many to mention/post

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
July 28, 2012 06:33AM

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
July 28, 2012 06:34AM

Cesar Chavez
July 31, 2012 05:50PM

Need something like this to come out of JA with EVERYONE on it.
July 31, 2012 06:01PM
August 09, 2012 06:15AM

Cesar Chavez
December 15, 2012 12:30AM
Bump
December 15, 2012 01:46AM
December 15, 2012 02:05AM
"Guns Don't Argue" off "Music and Me" by Tony Chin on Underdog Records

I'm of the age where I had to worry about the Viet Nam War and the draft lottery. I was lucky and didn't get a low number like others my age. My dad, brother and sister all loved guns and spent years in the military (Air Force and Navy). I spent 7 years in the Peace Corps instead.

Love peace

Jah Son
December 15, 2012 02:25AM
December 15, 2012 04:22AM
December 15, 2012 04:47AM

u can morally object to guns all day and night..but if u have one when someone is killing innocent people in a public place & gunning to kill you too, you could change the outcome of the day.

Can ANYONE provide me with even ONE INSTANCE where a mass killing was stopped on account of someone (else) packing a gun.....?

And Ninja, if you listen to the lyrics of that Mutabaruka song, you'll see that it's hardly an endorsement of the NRA....
December 15, 2012 04:56AM
yes bun!

big pull that one. fairly new piece from someone i'm not too familiar with--but i got this big slab of vinyl in the bag.

m.

* [www.shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
December 15, 2012 06:25PM
Yeah, I am liking these Vibronics works.
December 21, 2012 03:31AM
SHOT feeling red smiley

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login