Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT: Swingin' A's

Posted by papajoshua 
OT: Swingin' A's
July 21, 2012 03:47AM
A's fans were ya @? These boys on fire

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2012 05:36AM by papajoshua.
Re: OT: Swingin' A's
July 21, 2012 04:02PM
It's true, they've been kicking @$$ and taking names since the Allstar break. The HRs are coming fast & furious from a team not known for the long ball. The Cuban rookie, Yoenis (sp?) Cespedes is a 5-tool guy and has been hitting about .600 in the last week. The starting pitching has been outstanding; another rookie, Tommy Milone, baffled the 1st place Yankees last night to the tune of 0 runs, 0 walks and 10 K's. They've been clutch at finishing games too: 7 of their last 14 home games have been won in walk-off fashion. The downside: the A's despite their recent power surge are dead last in the ML in batting average, and their all-star closer Cook has begun a bad habit of coughing up HRs at the end of games. Still, an auspicious beginning to the 2nd half of the season. It's a young team and imho will only get better
July 21, 2012 04:30PM
Stamina!
It's true, they've been kicking @$$ and taking names since the Allstar break. The HRs are coming fast & furious from a team not known for the long ball. The Cuban rookie, Yoenis (sp?) Cespedes is a 5-tool guy and has been hitting about .600 in the last week. The starting pitching has been outstanding; another rookie, Tommy Milone, baffled the 1st place Yankees last night to the tune of 0 runs, 0 walks and 10 K's. They've been clutch at finishing games too: 7 of their last 14 home games have been won in walk-off fashion. The downside: the A's despite their recent power surge are dead last in the ML in batting average, and their all-star closer Cook has begun a bad habit of coughing up HRs at the end of games. Still, an auspicious beginning to the 2nd half of the season. It's a young team and imho will only get better

True been real solid since the beginning of June after a 9 L streak, just beat the 2 best overall in the past 3 days. Although the short ball is lacking they are getting the runs with 1 of the best pitching in baseball. Vet gold glove Brandon Inge was interviewed and although people have a love hate relationship with him he says that this team is the most exciting he has ever played on. I saw him play catcher back at the beginning of his career in the D so that is saying something. 10 walk offs this season coming from 10 different bats. Def baseball at its best.
July 22, 2012 02:42AM
I been trying to keep quiet about it... hopefully it continues

Respect Same Way
July 22, 2012 03:20AM
i'm not an A's fan (i don't hate them either) and I didn't really know much about them until the played the Giants earlier this year (Giants took 2 out of 3, A's took last game on (what else) a walkoff homer).....They really did impress me - very good pitching and timely hitting. I especially like Josh Reddick, perhaps the A's could trade him to the Giants.
July 23, 2012 12:09AM
loving every minute of it
July 23, 2012 02:45AM
mulligan
i'm not an A's fan (i don't hate them either) and I didn't really know much about them until the played the Giants earlier this year (Giants took 2 out of 3, A's took last game on (what else) a walkoff homer).....They really did impress me - very good pitching and timely hitting. I especially like Josh Reddick, perhaps the A's could trade him to the Giants.

your hilarious. Yankees what?
July 23, 2012 03:45PM
Speaking of Yankees, it's a hoot that so many of the A's best players have been swiped by the Yanks. Giambi, Damon, Chavez, Swisher come to mind. It's almost like Beane's A's have been a farm team for the Steinbrenners.
July 23, 2012 03:52PM
mulligan

Oh yes, we'll take Matt Cain for him, thank you.
July 24, 2012 01:57AM
Chimino
mulligan

Oh yes, we'll take Matt Cain for him, thank you.

One of the best bats for a pitcher, no thanks how bout a pitcher for a bat?
July 24, 2012 05:48PM
Let's go Oakland!!!!!! LOVE my A's!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiling smiley
September 02, 2012 11:57PM
Weekend @ bernie's ... bumboclllllllaaaaatttt.

Friday nite we my boy wanted to go and sit with Reddicks Roughnecks in right field. Serious energy out there @ the O when he hit that grand slam.
September 04, 2012 10:56PM
Too much bacon in RF, but they're some real fans still.. It looks like Oakland and BMore fighting to see which surprise will gas out first. No matter what happens it's gratifying to see the LAAofA experiment FAIL
September 05, 2012 01:50PM
I am so over MLB and the NFL -- still got a weakness for the NBA, though...
September 05, 2012 07:55PM
Walter
I am so over MLB and the NFL -- still got a weakness for the NBA, though...

yeah... my mind is elsewhere these days.. i dont see sports interesting me again.. both playing and watching..

keep in mind, i played college basketball and still played(in multiple houston-area leagues) until about 2months ago.

i'm still fast.. can still dunk with ease.. can still jump out the gym.. my interests are just on other things.. in fact, i find reggae getting less and less play time...
October 02, 2012 05:02AM
tahoearmada
I been trying to keep quiet about it... hopefully it continues

What up now!
October 02, 2012 03:32PM
Bay Bridge Series (reprise).......w/o the shaking.
October 02, 2012 07:36PM
mannnn...was at saturdays game....9th inning homer to tie it...10th inning homer to win it!

bart ride home we were all bernie dancing
October 02, 2012 08:11PM
Not into baseball but i would tune in for Giants V A's in the series
October 02, 2012 08:35PM
Go A's! I already bought a few playoff tickets and will be there tonight for the last night home game of the regular season!

www.aztlanroots.com
@ReggaeDelgado
facebook.com/AztlanRootsMusic
October 02, 2012 08:40PM
ReggaeDelgado
Go A's! I already bought a few playoff tickets and will be there tonight for the last night home game of the regular season!

Well be there too. It was 85 at first pitch last night!
October 03, 2012 05:41AM
Big Respect to my man Jonny Gomes. Representing the NORTH BAY LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!
October 03, 2012 12:49PM
AmA'sing!!!!
October 03, 2012 10:42PM
Congrats to the A's who were in first place for only one day this season..... The only day that counts!!!
October 04, 2012 07:40PM
Daniel
Congrats to the A's who were in first place for only one day this season..... The only day that counts!!!

...but beating champions daily for 2/3 of the season. My beloved Tigers who clinched would be third in the West behind the Angels and not even close to the playoffs. A's and Tigers my 2 teams in it, lets GO!
October 04, 2012 10:26PM
papajoshua
Daniel

...but beating champions daily for 2/3 of the season. My beloved Tigers who clinched would be third in the West behind the Angels and not even close to the playoffs. A's and Tigers my 2 teams in it, lets GO!

OUCH... too bad they're playing each other!

Anyone else going to get playoff tickets?!??!

www.aztlanroots.com
@ReggaeDelgado
facebook.com/AztlanRootsMusic
October 05, 2012 01:46AM
ReggaeDelgado
papajoshua
Daniel

OUCH... too bad they're playing each other!

Anyone else going to get playoff tickets?!??!

All good love to see it, 1 will win, then beat the Yankees then beat the Giants in the WS. Tickets went up up up and gone very fast. Too much for my small budget. Saw 1 of your stickers at the O.
October 05, 2012 03:00AM
i got my tickets....for $32...early bird gets da worm
October 05, 2012 03:12AM
ONEBLOOD_SOUND
i got my tickets....for $32...early bird gets da worm

I hears ya. This bird is +2 so thats a bill for a game minimum. Well worth it if you have it tho. These kids are alot of fun to watch. We got to see alot of ball this summer, thankful for that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login