Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sabbitcal Ahdah!!!

Posted by rossta8888 
Sabbitcal Ahdah!!!
July 23, 2012 04:09PM
Really love his tracks on the complilation Eastbound! Amazing, I looked into his own albums and seems like he has just the one Heart ah Joy. I tried to purchase it over the weekend and only copy I could find was a used one for 60$. I was curious if anyone has any info on Sabbitical Ahdah? I saw that he performed at SNWMF in 04. Why has he not put out more albums? Why does he not tour more? Seems like a real talent. Why is it so hard to purchase VI Reggae? I am late on the VI Reggae scene but really want to get into more artists such as Sabbitcal Ahdah.
Re: Sabbitcal Ahdah!!!
July 23, 2012 05:01PM
Sabbattical*
Maybe Daniel and VIReggae.com have some more info on him.
July 23, 2012 05:04PM

Sabbat is a real serious ras.
music takes a backseat to rastafari
July 23, 2012 05:13PM
Sabbattical Ahdah's been pretty quiet since his appearance at SNWMF. He had a 7" with Anthony B in 2006 called "Set Dem Free", contributed "Love & Iverstanding" to the Joyful Noise compilation and did the combination "Sometimeish Rastaman" with Danny I on his most recent album "To Your Majesty."

I was also sent a Prerelease of an album back around 2007. It was called "Battle Ah Adowa" and was to have been released on his "One2Ahdah Productions" label, but I never saw the offical album released.

Sabbattical Ahdah at SNWMF
July 23, 2012 05:20PM
That is a cool picture, I love that Ron is playing keyboards in the background! Must have been a great set at SNWMF!
July 23, 2012 05:45PM
Sabbattical just got called up during Midnite's set to sing one song. He performed in the dancehall that year. Unfortunately, it was a very short set because he was waiting for the people to come in after Burning Spear's set before beginning and Stone Love took over the dancehall shortly thereafter.....
July 23, 2012 05:52PM
I saw that Army and Abja were in the house for the Nevada City, CA show. Would have been awesome to get Abja up there to sing True King with Vaughn!! Maybe you can get Sabbitical to come to SNWMF next year!!!
July 23, 2012 08:28PM
Daniel, Tippy posted on facebook that Massiya was killed in St. Croix.
July 23, 2012 09:03PM
ag, just saw that! crushing...hear it was a auto crashup. I'll post up a thread.
jps
July 23, 2012 09:27PM
I thought I read somewhere in the past that Sabbatical was Batch's brother, but I could be remembering wrong.
July 23, 2012 09:43PM
I just read about Massiya and then saw it posted on here. It was on Rastar's facebook page. Very sad news. Healing vibes out to all who are associated with Massiya. Bless
July 23, 2012 10:11PM
Sabbattical's brother is Bobo Ites who also appeared at SNWMF the year of the V.I. Roots Eruption....
jps
July 23, 2012 11:24PM
Yes, thank you for correcting me Daniel. I knew I had read that his brother was another artist.
July 24, 2012 11:16PM
Was posted in another section but there's some nice Sabbatical tunes on this mix :

"St Croix Massive"
http://www.mediafire.com/?4rznd4rp5zszhxa

Here's that track with Anthony B

July 25, 2012 03:06PM
Thanks for sharing blessedcoast! Sabbitical is awesome! Need to get him to put out and album with I Grade! Anything I Grade seems to put out I like!
July 25, 2012 10:07PM
BIG ARTIST!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login