Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fresh fruit: top new singles

Posted by TR-808 
TR-808
fresh fruit: top new singles
April 06, 2004 06:07PM

request to top djs and selectors like xacto of Portland, Oregon, and Papa Joe of SF-based Unity HiFi

'riddim' (label): comments, artists...
--------------------------------------------

'music man' (shocking vibes): nice bubbler. some better than others.. maybe the best cut from Morgan Heritage since "down by the river"

'last train' (gemtar): very nice relick of the classic riddim.. Luciano and Everton cuts are big

'heavenless' (treasure chest): nice relick again.. more uptempo than Massive B's recent rub-a-dub version.. big ones from Freddie Mc and Luciano

and speaking of Freddie Mc

'big ship on the bump' (big ship): nice rootsy, digikal dancehall. sounds like the best of the mid-90s productions styles.. Big Youth cut to Freddies, plus more.. wicked wicked

'soon forward' (fire ball): yet another sweet relick from this label... gregory reworks his tune with producer and deejay Sugar Roy.. plus more

'bush fire' (all access): think most of you know about this one already [of those who want to know, that is]

..starting to feel like summer...
Re: fresh fruit: top new singles
April 06, 2004 06:14PM
"fresh fruit for roten veggies" by D.K.. this mid 80's brain bomber is a little bit on noise side & carryz a hell of alot on your attitude.
TR-808
Re: fresh fruit: MORE top new singles
April 06, 2004 06:25PM

also, for revive people:

- blood and fire has released a small number of singles from their 'satta' set (yes, Blood and Fire on 7"winking smiley, including a stormer from Yami Bolo

- Derrick Morgan's label Hop as reissued a few originals including works from the Viceroys (Interns), I Roy, Lynn Tait & The Jets, and more. it will be a minute before these really reach stateside

- there are a few cuts out on the mighty Jah Guidance label, known for some of the toughest of Henry 'Junjo' Lawes' Radics/Scientist-laced 80s ultraheavy rub-a-dubs. couple top cuts from SNWMF veterans Johnny Os-burn and Barrington Levy, including his mighty "Hammer" (have heard mostly good things about press quality..."Hammer" is unfortunately the questionable one)
April 06, 2004 06:30PM
-note most of these artist practice a way of life" A.K.A. RASTA FAR i*"+
Stevo
April 06, 2004 10:16PM
The one song I feel deserves a single........
"Every Song I Sing" -Jah Cure. MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coxsone is credited on the riddim, anyone know what Studio One cut that is?
-Stevo
Irie_Sis
April 07, 2004 11:07AM
Im liking this new bush_fire riddim also with songs from gentleman , morgan heritage ,warrior king, junior kelly just to name a few ,its a nice new riddim.
TR-808
April 07, 2004 11:15AM

have you checked 'blaze' (pow pow).. that one is similar in taste.. been out for awhile now too

peace
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login