Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Favorite Midnite song that most recently moved you!

Posted by rossta8888 
Re: Favorite Midnite song that most recently moved you!
October 30, 2012 02:57PM

There last 3 albums are amazing, IN AWE, Kings Bell and Children of Jah. Amazing album, children of jah is as good of an album that Rastar has ever put out.
BZM
October 30, 2012 03:20PM
Midnite is indeed often dealing with perfection... but that's a result of multiple decades of touring and recording smiling smiley

I do play for a band, we're known as Fishbowl and we're relatively new, coming from Southeastern Washington up in the Pacific Northwest! We're about 4 hours out from both Seattle and Portland, 2 hours from Spokane, WA.

[www.facebook.com]

[soundcloud.com]

Mostly live recordings up now, we're painstakingly working on our debut EP (making sure every small detail and spacey noise is heard), but there is some fun stuff on there smiling smiley. Also, search for "fishbowl reggae" on Google or Youtube and you'll find even more recent live stuff. I feel like we're getting better and better every show! Our sets feature heavy improvisation so every show is different, some better than others, lol...

Let me know what you think smiling smiley
October 30, 2012 05:47PM
Rod Anton is from France...

Rod Anton and The Ligerians

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
October 31, 2012 07:33AM
SOunds good BZM, I will check you out. I live in Bend, OR. Maybe you guys can come play at the Domino Room here in Bend. We NEED more reggae in Bend, OR. I spend a lot of money driving to Portland, Eugene and SO Oregon all the time.

Ras Danny thank you for the Info on Rod Anton and the Ligerians. I have purchased that Reasoning album! Also MIdnite is in France again touring, this is like the 3rd tour in in the last 16 months theyve been in France. I hope they still continue to come to the Northwest a lot. I am hoping maybe February they will be back. I RASTA MAN STILL STAND!
BZM
October 31, 2012 08:14AM
rossta8888: That'd be awesome! We love Bend... wonderful place, beautiful place. We're working on possibly setting up a mini tour of sorts with other cool WA reggae/dub bands like Mighty High and Stay Grounded, we'll see what happens! It would be a joy to play in Bend smiling smiley
October 31, 2012 10:04AM
Well if you get it set up to come to Bend let me know i will help promote pass out flyers anything to support reggae music. I will check your band out after work today. Bless
October 31, 2012 10:17AM
Mighty High? I was in a second-wave ska band by that name in 1983-4! Not only that, I was in a band called Roots of Creation in the late 70s. Now I find there's a reggae band by that name on the East Coast, who toured out to CA last year. The more things change...
BZM
October 31, 2012 04:05PM
Stamina!: Well, you know, if the One Love thing is a real thing and the global human consciousness is real... then it's no wonder the same ideas get recycled so many times! lol!
October 31, 2012 06:41PM
November 01, 2012 08:26AM
Great shirt! Love that pic by Rogue Agent Joe! Thanks for sharing Ras James
November 02, 2012 07:34AM
Banking in The Pig—. Not so recently, all time favorite.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 07:36AM by Ishasta.
BZM
November 02, 2012 04:05PM
rossta8888
Well if you get it set up to come to Bend let me know i will help promote pass out flyers anything to support reggae music. I will check your band out after work today. Bless

What did you think, idren?
November 05, 2012 11:40AM
i thought you guys sounded good. Kinda reminded me of Pepper but with a more traditional roots sound. I listened to Now I chant, Steppin out (which sounded good) , Backwards dub and Amerimacka. All were live recordings and I think you guys would be a lot of fun live. I am sure you are evolving and growing everyday and i will keep my eyes out for live shows in Oregon.

Bless
December 04, 2012 02:59PM

Love this video! Cannot wait to catch Midnite in St. Croix someday!
December 04, 2012 04:30PM
Rossta give thanks for this video, I've always wanted to catch them in their home, but never seem to find out when the shows are. I have never seen them in nevada city either, but everytime I've caught them at SOB's in NYC they always play till the wee hours of the morning.
December 05, 2012 07:49AM
I am with you RasTantan. I look at their website once a week always following where they are playing at. The video is from May 20th 2012. It was never even listed on their website (that I remember anyways) about this show playing in ST Croix. I would fly to see them there for sure. Nevada City was amazing this year!! Really enjoyed that show! I have watched epic Midnite shows from SOB on youtube. Glad you enjoyed the video. I did not record this video so I hope it is okay i posted it.
December 05, 2012 12:27PM
after Nomo's comment on the Midnite-Culture website I want to make sure i am not offending anyone by posting that video of Midnite live in St Croix. If anyone thinks that is a problem I should take it down. I can be naive sometimes on things of that nature.
jps
December 29, 2012 06:13PM
Playing this track a ton lately.

December 31, 2012 03:37AM
January 15, 2013 08:01AM

Amazing track off the new album! Hemp Scrolls! Big up Higher Bound Productions.
January 15, 2013 12:10PM
Thanks Rossta!! You weren't lyin', that Hemp Scrolls tune is BIG!
January 15, 2013 01:38PM
It is BIG isnt it! I got a big smile reading your post! Love to hear about others who get enjoyment out of the same things as me! Cant wait to get off work and listen to Free Indeed some more!
January 18, 2013 09:30AM

Check ya self by Midnite. Fast forward to 19:00. Hearing this live at ROTR 2012 changed my life. Bless!
January 18, 2013 11:28AM
this one works for mi right now...

announcing: Midnite in Portland, 4/20 @ Bob White Theater! 4/19 at Provolt, OR, 4/21 @ Seakkle

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2013 11:30AM by Ras Danny.
January 18, 2013 11:33AM
Looking forward to seeing Midnite Sunday, along with Inner Visions, Sister Joyce, etc. Sorry I will miss out on Saturday.
January 18, 2013 12:01PM
Enjoy April and bring back lots of photos and memories to share.....
January 18, 2013 01:07PM
Sister Joyce!

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
January 18, 2013 04:43PM
Certainly will try Daniel, I'll also be attending the Love City Event with Steel Pulse, Duane Stephenson, Inner Visions, Reemah and others I'm sure I'm forgetting the following weekend. I'm also hoping to meet up with some of the other VI artists in the audience. cool smiley
January 19, 2013 06:53AM
williemon...InI same way too!

Sis Joyce...aka Sista Smokey!
January 23, 2013 08:49AM
Hey Travler, How was the show on sunday?? epic I am sure
February 26, 2013 03:28PM

Love this video! Big up to JahRuleALL! One of my favorite tapers! Midnite!!!
February 28, 2013 02:08AM

this one speed up is nice
March 02, 2013 07:50PM
I first heard this song about 2 years ago and the hairs on my arms did not sit for days. It's 2 years later, but the song has the same effect......

March 02, 2013 08:36PM
New Midnite-I Grade in the works too.
March 02, 2013 09:21PM
March 03, 2013 09:39AM
At this time this song
[www.bing.com]
March 04, 2013 08:04AM
Daniel
I first heard this song about 2 years ago and the hairs on my arms did not sit for days. It's 2 years later, but the song has the same effect......

Heard this for the first time this weekend and it pretty much gave me goosebumps too! Very excited for this album! Nothing better than ARL releases!
April 09, 2013 03:12PM
This album and this song getting a lot of play at my house!

May 28, 2013 11:53AM

From the new Songbird Riddim from igrade/Zion I Kings! Thanks for the works, Kings!!
May 28, 2013 02:47PM
[jahblemmuzik.com]

children of jah dubs.....
August 13, 2013 10:44AM
[youtu.be]

Amazing!! Whole set from 4/19 in southern Oregon. One of my all time favorite sets. 2 hours in, they start Carboniferous Land!! Such a special night for me as it was my 29th birthday. Video is by Bill Dewitt or VidByBill!! One of the best tapers in the biz!! Blessings to Bill for sharing this amazing works. MIDNITE!!!
August 13, 2013 10:46AM
August 13, 2013 10:52AM
Thank you Daniel. I should have used preview first to make sure I posted it right. Have you seen this video yet??? One of my all time fav sets ever.
August 13, 2013 03:21PM
MIDNITE Aug 23rd in Eugene, OR! Any fellow boardies going to be there?? Would love to meet up! If anyone is driving from CA for the show I have a room downtown and your more than welcome to crash if you need a place to stay! smiling smiley

Now lets post some Midnite videos!! smiling smiley
August 13, 2013 03:26PM
@Rossta

Your attitude is a real breathe of fresh air -- I dig that. Big up.

What happened to the 8s?
August 13, 2013 03:36PM
Haha!! Hey Walter. I started on here to find a copy of the one Midnite album I could not get my hands on. The eastbound compilation. I had no clue that Daniel was Mr. Midnite or that I would enjoy being on here so much. Never really been on phorums before. My email address is Rossta8888@yahoo.com. I used the Rossta8888 so that I would remember how to log on. Never really figured I would enjoy myself so much and stick around. I currently got rid of my email rossta8888 and just have one email I use for work. I started a new account and decided to drop the all the 8's. My last name is Ross and when I created that email account I was playing college soccer and my jersey number was 8. Their was already a Rossta8, 88 and 888 so I became Rossta8888@yahoo.com. Hope it is cool I can just be Rossta or Tyler Ross! smiling smiley

Sorry if that is way to much information. LOL

Thank you for the compliment! Reggae music is fun and I see no reason not to come here with a fun, positive attitude! I am so fortunate to have found Midnite in 2008 and so fortunate to live on the Blessed Coast where I can see them 6-10 times a year with a little bit of driving!!!

Funny thing is, Abja, Danny I, Army, Batch and a few others have cut into my Midnite listening. Really enjoying other VI artists right now and cannot wait for One Love One Heart festival..

Would love to meet you someday Walter!! Blessings to you!
August 13, 2013 04:26PM
Since you are on the VI tip, check Dezarie. Oh and do not pass Bambu Station by either.
August 13, 2013 05:02PM
Dezarie is amazing!!! Other than Midnite she was the first VI reggae I got into. Have all her music and LOVE it!!
Bambu Station and Inner Vision are two bands from the VI I have not been able to get into. I just picked up an album called Shift the Energy. DAPP band Pixes??? They are from the VI and I'm stoked to check it out tonight.

Thanks for the suggestions Walter!!! I will give Bambu Station another shot.
August 13, 2013 05:59PM
Pixs is Phillip Merchant Jr., former bassie for Midnite and also musician of Bambu Station. DAPP band consisted of Dion "Bosie" Hopkins, Ras Abijah Hicks,, Phillip Merchant, and Patrick Robinson Jr. aka Junior P. Dion, Phil, and Abijah all played together with Midnite. Junior P backed Dezarie on keyboards and vocals on her first full tour.
August 20, 2013 02:21AM
"Dem Kinda Heights" on the "Be Strong Album" 2013............Bigggg tune
August 20, 2013 07:07PM
I agree Rooticalmama! My favorite right away when I first listened to Be Strong.

August 21, 2013 04:02PM
Anyone coming to the Midnite show in Eugene this friday night??? Going to be so much fun!!! Would love to meet any boardies that will be there. Really hoping to see this song on friday night!!

October 10, 2013 04:16PM
November 15, 2013 05:54PM
November 20, 2013 11:12AM
This one of those Midnite tunes that when it comes on I have to hit the repeat button a few times. Daniel, maybe you or someone else can answer a question. What it the Branch I side project? It is an album produced by IGrade but what is different on the albums entitled Branch I?? Thanks.

November 20, 2013 01:06PM

What it the Branch I side project?

When Vaughn started putting out music with musicians other than those that were in the band "Midnite", those albums stated they were "Midnite - I Grade" or "Midnite - Rastar" or "Midnite - Groundbreaking" collaborations.

I believe "The Cipheraw" was the first to be titled "Midnite Branch I" which consisted of Vaughn Benjamin, Phillip Merchant and Eddie Russell II (on Trumpet). You would have to ask Vaughn if "Midnite Branch I" was intended to identify these 3 individuals because, later on, albums were released under the same "Midnite Branch I" name that included Batch (He is Jah) and Dion Hopkins (Geoman) on them.

I've noticed that some of the more recent collaborations fail to mention that they are collaborations....
November 20, 2013 03:26PM
Tyler, I was just listening to Geoman the other day.
November 20, 2013 03:26PM
Interesting, Thank you very much for the info Daniel, you have an amazing knowledge of VI roots. I love it! That is a great question to ask Vaughn, hoping they come out northwest soon.

I will have to look at there more recent collaborations, that is something I have never noticed. I guess that most Midnite albums to me are collaborations unless it comes from ARL or most of the Rastafaria releases. My favorite collaboration is when Vaughn works with IGrade, some of there albums are amazing.
November 20, 2013 03:29PM
Aaron G!!! Geomon is an awesome album! Every time I put it on it blows me away, for some reason though I seem to forget about. Please post your favorite song from that album Aaron.
December 07, 2013 09:00AM

Love that reggae!
December 07, 2013 02:21PM
[www.youtube.com]

Rossta, I am going to step in for Aaron here.

"People iz I" is far & away my favorite song off Geoman, and has always been one of my faves from Midnite altogether! I like it because it is one of their more upbeat and danceable songs they have ever produced.

I saw them perform this the 1st time I ever saw Midnite live, at 19 Broadway in Fairfax in 2003/2004 or so, and was very happy as I had just bought Geoman.

Overall, I don't care for Geoman much as a whole, besides this song and "Powaz of Weed". Too experimantal for me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 02:28PM by Reggabe.
December 07, 2013 02:41PM
December 13, 2013 12:36PM
That is a great song Reggabe! If you like that song are you a fan of the album Bless Go Roun?? IMO it has some similar songs that are upbeat and fun to dance too. I will post some soon.
December 13, 2013 12:39PM
December 13, 2013 12:41PM
December 13, 2013 12:43PM
December 13, 2013 12:45PM
December 13, 2013 12:46PM
Love all four of these songs and when they come no at home I cannot help but get up and dance!
April 16, 2014 01:26PM
April 16, 2014 01:28PM
April 16, 2014 01:32PM
April 16, 2014 03:05PM
Yeah I have and enjoy Bless Go Roun. "Victory" is easily my favorite (Also the 1st song, whatever it's called)
April 22, 2014 01:27PM
April 22, 2014 01:32PM
Vaughn comes in at 12 minutes in and does a wicked version of No Fear No Sorrow!
April 22, 2014 06:22PM
Bushman and Kabba Stone
April 23, 2014 05:42PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login