Rebel Salute 2013 TWO DAYS and moves to St Ann
August 06, 2012 01:49AM
After 19 successful years in Manchester and St Elizabeth, reggaesingjay Tony Rebel's annual birthday bash, Rebel Salute, has found a new home. A billboard at the spacious Richmond Estate in Priory, St Ann, has announced that Rebel Salute, considered the island's leading conscious reggae showcase, will be held at that venue on January 18 and 19, 2013.

The event will be celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2013 and from its first staging in Brook's Park, Mandeville in 1994, and after it was shifted to Port Kaiser Sports Complex in St Elizabeth, the Patrick 'Tony Rebel' Bailey/Flames Production event has served up the best in conscious, positive reggae music.

Rebel Salute has the reputation of being a drug-free, violence-free, alcohol-free and meat-free, family-oriented event and has attracted thousands of patrons each year.

Great venue

Richmond Estate opened as a show venue after the turn of the century and has been home to many memorable events since then. It is considered one of the best outdoor show venues on the island.

Some of the events hosted there in the past include the last staging of Reggae Sunsplash, Jamaica Curry Festival, Jamaica International Kite Festival and Usain Bolt's 9.58 Party.

Re: Rebel Salute 2013 TWO DAYS and moves to St Ann
August 07, 2012 10:56PM
WOW

I saw the change of venue, BUT--2 days??! Bwoy, talk about an instant fix of the best reggae inn JA---but now Bev, I guess that guest house down on Alligator Pond will be just a memory...
August 09, 2012 12:47PM
Nah- I will still go to Alligator Pond to chill and swim in my favorite river. PLUS I can't leave Blakka and others without a come see.

I am wondering how others feel that this change of venue will impact the vibes of Rebel Salute. I have my thoughts but would love to hear from others.

Photo Blakka in Alligator Pond

August 11, 2012 02:20PM
An estimable gentleman and chef, is Blakka of Alligator Pond.

Given the scale of JA physically Bev, I bet Tony & crew will make sure that vibe continues on the North Coast also, No Worries there...
August 11, 2012 11:28PM
Here's hoping the mix doesn't get off balance with a large contingency of foreigners to Jamaicans. That eventually killed Negril vibes. I like the rural hard to get areas because I am the minority. Selfish but true.
August 12, 2012 12:23AM
I like the idea of it being 2 days if that means longer sets from the artists and not just 100 artists crammed into 2 nights.

Will have to see what the new location brings. St ann is easier to get to (especially for those of us who use the bus or ride with friends), but is nowhere near as nice as st elizabeth. For those coming from town I believe this means we'll have to go through ochi, which I'm not so happy about as I believe that's really the worst town in jamaica.

Still looking forward to the show though, especially after missing the last 2 stagings
August 12, 2012 12:25AM
I like the idea of it being 2 days if that means longer sets from the artists and not just 100 artists crammed into 2 nights.

Will have to see what the new location brings. St ann is easier to get to (especially for those of us who use the bus or ride with friends), but is nowhere near as nice as st elizabeth. For those coming from town I believe this means we'll have to go through ochi, which I'm not so happy about as I believe that's really the worst town in jamaica.

Still looking forward to the show though, especially after missing the last 2 stagings
December 03, 2012 09:27PM
I think I'm going to book a flight and head to Rebel Salute. Any suggestions where to stay?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login