Advanced

CAPLETON_sun oct 7_KING of KINGS_shattuck

Posted by ONEBLOOD_SOUND 
CAPLETON_sun oct 7_KING of KINGS_shattuck
September 12, 2012 08:47PM
KING OF KINGS & SHATTUCK DOWN LOW present:
Sunday October 7th
<<<CAPLETON>>>>>
with The Prophecy Band, Kulcha Knox, Jah Thunda, Rocker-T, Irie Dole, I-Vier & your host DJ Smoke One.
catch early runnins band MIDNIGHT SUN MASSIVE From 10-11
doors 9
jah warrior 11-12
Capleton & crew 12-?

Limited Early Bird Discount Tickets Now Available!
[capeltondownlow.eventbrite.com]

Re: CAPLETON_sun oct 7_KING of KINGS_shattuck
September 13, 2012 06:58AM
about 30 bucks for the stink pit.....I'll have to think about it.
September 13, 2012 07:04AM
Or you could pay about 40 bucks for that "19 Broadway" experience on the 5th.....
September 13, 2012 07:14AM
19 Broadway is 20 times worse IMO.
September 13, 2012 07:44AM

Fireman ina the Bay dont feel know way!
September 13, 2012 07:54AM
$30 seems like a fair price to see Capleton, Kulcha Knox and Rocker T plus more!!!
September 13, 2012 09:07AM
strikkly
19 Broadway is 20 times worse IMO.

20x worse than Shattuck? No, much rather see Capleton at a sold out 19th than a sold out Shattuck for sure, check it.
September 13, 2012 10:37AM
30 bones 40 in some places...am I missing something? Why does Capleton cost more then Jack Johnson? I am only comparing popularity among the American masses. It just seems like this show should be 20 or so not twice that. I would be willing to wager he doesn't touch the stage before 1am to boot. Not being sour but as they say in Missouri show me my friend
September 13, 2012 11:30AM
Jack Johnson draws 10,000 people and Capleton draws 200, maybe? Do the math... I payed $40 to see Capleton 9 years ago in SF at some funky (Cuban??) resturant, so $30 seems well nice to me. I will gladly dish out the $ with Kucha Knox opening up here in Seattle. More Fyah!!!!!!!!
September 13, 2012 12:12PM
spliffp
Jack Johnson draws 10,000 people and Capleton draws 200, maybe? Do the math... I payed $40 to see Capleton 9 years ago in SF at some funky (Cuban??) resturant, so $30 seems well nice to me. I will gladly dish out the $ with Kucha Knox opening up here in Seattle. More Fyah!!!!!!!!

Pound for pound, minute per dollar, reggae is def one of the most expensive live experiences you can have for any genre. But there are all kinds of experiences you can have with ticket prices. Phil Lesh consistently sells out his venue @ 35-135 per ticket. Phish and Willie nelson sells out @ 65 pretty much anywhere you see them. Jack Johnson is pop music they are just putting butts in seats. No-one is trying to shut down JJ career with an international campaign like Capleton. The thing is no one is forcing anyone to spend their $$, vote with your $$ but I will venture a guess that all venues will be ram come show time, albeit 1 or 2 am. lolz
September 13, 2012 12:52PM
I don't have a problem with Capleton or his forwards or his style of show. I have seen him a dozen times and it has always been good. My commentary was on the lackluster venues with a less than desirable atmosphere, that's all. I love to give the artist my money directly about just as much as I hate to give the promoter and venue money if they don't live up to a standard. The artist Capleton has always lived to his standard of hype live shows and a great and consistently growing catalog.
September 13, 2012 01:03PM
I guess that is kind of my point. It seems strange to charge $30-40 bucks a ticket for an artist who would not sell out a 1500 seat arena. does that make sense? I been down with Capleton since jus past Lotion Man. This isn't about him it is about suspect pricing. Also, why all the sudden is Capleton touring everywhere. Has something changed and he is not going to get heat out west anymore?
September 13, 2012 01:39PM
so just got a link to the Capleton show coming to PDX. $25 pre sale...more reasonable. Interesting though it is in NW PDX on 16th and Jeff. Not your normal hot bead or Rasta activity.
September 13, 2012 02:11PM
what venue is that at in Portland??? Is Naki going to be playing with him for the Portland show??
September 13, 2012 02:17PM
Capleton, Knox, Jah Thunder...DJ ITAL VIBES (KBOO) holdin it down at this spot called Barracks...All Ages....Sat October 13
September 13, 2012 02:41PM
strikkly
I don't have a problem with Capleton or his forwards or his style of show. I have seen him a dozen times and it has always been good. My commentary was on the lackluster venues with a less than desirable atmosphere, that's all. I love to give the artist my money directly about just as much as I hate to give the promoter and venue money if they don't live up to a standard. The artist Capleton has always lived to his standard of hype live shows and a great and consistently growing catalog.

Word....Not a fan of Capleton live, but I agree wholeheartly about choice of venues. I dont mind spending on a show at all, its the only way most of my favorite artists are going to eat but I atleast want to be comfortable when I get there. Why 19 broadway and downlow, why not Mystic and New Parrish? Respective areas and venue sizes, and definatley better sound, layout and atmosphere at both. Seems most of the people that bring these artists out and put on these shows promote at the same previously mentioned venues.

On another note ill probably end up swallowing my distaste for the downlow and caetons stage show for this night. Gonna be large no matter what, last Big sunday night King of Kings live show at the Downlow....Gonna be Large!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2012 03:36PM by east bay herbalist.
September 13, 2012 03:33PM
What's the refund policy on this show? Been living in SF for years, been a silent viewer. Not anymore. Too many shows with too many problems. I'm buying these tickets in faith. But in my heart of hearts, I feel this isn't going to happen as we all want. Capleton may play for 45 minutes, not good enough for billing. I'm happy to pay $28.35 for what I know I'll get. What will we get? Some say only time will tell. But someone knows.

OneBlood_Sound your name is on. Let's keep the people smiling.
September 13, 2012 03:41PM
Thanks for the Info on the Portland show Ninja!! I will be there from Bend, OR. I am coming more for Naki Kulcha Knox more than Capleton though. Naki killed it at NWWRF and was a highlight for me! I wanted him to get a longer set so hopefully he can get one at this show OCT 13th. If Capleton will only play for 45 mins that should leave Naki a nice set!
September 13, 2012 04:23PM
Big up Smokey One Blood and all reggae massive putting in work to bring world class artists like Capleton. Emails for that show have been sent to hundreds of venues Im sure and Im guessing the reason it ends up at places like Shattuck is that guys like Smokey who have had a night there for a decade are willing to put in the work to make it happen and know its going to be a good show!! If youve ever seen Capleton you know his live show is probably one of the best but if you dont like the dancehall style vibe then just kick back at home.. no sweat..

Also, another reason the price may seem high is that Capleton is bringing his own band from JA so just to get that crew here alone is not cheap but you get to see a toppa top show!! I would say its worth every penny.

Again, shout outs to One Blood & all the DJs out there willing to put the time & work into bringing the music to the masses!!!
September 14, 2012 06:38AM
@ rossta8888

to each their own. i would let you know that seeing Capleton is seeing a part of reggae history. Respect due to all the artist on the bill, but Capleton is THE artist on the bill. You may disagree with some of his worldviews as I do. However it is difficult to imagine "culture music" and any of the artist that have come out of this "sub genre" without seeing Capleton in all of them. I still remember living down in Ashland and getting this copy of Prophecy. I had heard a couple Capleton tunes before that but this was TOTALLY different. Shango was born...I can't imagine Anthony B, Sizzla, Beenie (through the clash), any of the artist on this bill etc without Capleton being who he is. IMO Capleton is the father of "modern culture reggae" and when the day comes that they do have a Reggae Hall of Fame he will most certainly be there.
September 14, 2012 08:28AM
Ninja, I totally agree with you, I am excited to see Capleton as well. I love the prophecy album and have seen Capleton live before and he killed it. It was at ROTR in like 06. Fun show. He is a legend and deserves to be in the Reggae Hall of Fame. I just loved what Naki brought to NWWRF and was excited for more. The terrible news i just found out yesterday is that my grandma is getting remarried in the bay area that same weekend as the show in Portland and i dont get to go now. SAD and BUMMED. Not very often you get legends in Portland. Atleast its not MIDNITE im missing.
September 14, 2012 09:21AM
Give your Grandma some love....go check NKC in Oakland...the beautiful Alicia will have something going down.
September 14, 2012 10:22AM
Thanks Ninja! I will be looking for a show friday the 12th. Anyone know of anything going down in the Bay area friday the 12th?? Thank you to all. Bless.
September 14, 2012 10:53AM
Here you go Tyler:

Friday, October 12th:
Dawn Penn
The Uptown
1928 Telegraph Avenue
Oakland
(510) 451-8100
September 14, 2012 11:18AM
Hey Daniel!! Thank you! Some classic rocksteady would be awesome!! You are always so kind to me Daniel. Thank you!! My girl would love some rocksteady too. Perfect!!
September 14, 2012 11:55AM
I'll def be at that Dawn Penn show, she sings 'To Sir With Love' man.....

Love that reggae!
September 14, 2012 12:55PM
I will try to link up with you Carl!!!
September 14, 2012 04:14PM
@lionTEA
What's the refund policy on this show?
online tickets are through eventbrite, if show gets cancelled they refund $ to your account, simple.

This is the last live show at shattuck downlow, we will allow the band to go over 2am if we must. Just like i said on first post up top:
doors 9
early runnins band MIDNIGHT SUN MASSIVE From 10-11
jah warrior 11-12
Capleton & crew 12-?

alot of times the artist isn't paid what they want and plays for small amount of time.. Capleton is getting all the money he wants, thus also the higher than norm tick price. So dont worry yourself, join in on the excitement, a muss win situation to keep the people smiling...

Also bigup to BLESSED COAST SOUND, for the generous love.....fam....bam
September 15, 2012 08:31AM
I don't go to reggae shows to disagree with a worldview.....
so that being said CAPLETON ago BURN FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 15, 2012 04:15PM
FREE MIXTAPE:

[www.facebook.com]
September 17, 2012 07:38AM
Strikkly you don't go to shows to disagree with an artist yet I am sure you don't support hanging people because they are gay or burning them alive or chasing them into the ocean and not letting them back on land or hacking them to death or calling all gays child molesters.

My point is that I can still go to church without having to agree with everything the pastor is telling me. The only people who tell me I can't are the zealots like the Taliban, Paul Ryan and Pat Robertson.

I think every woman and man have the right to choose their own destiny without fear of ignorant fools waging war upon them because of their own internal insecurity. I certainly am not going to BOW to a bunch of hypocrites that select passages from a book that support their way of life and select others to run down their fellow man. IF this is what people are into then I they will not succeed.

It is easy to talk about the "fire burning" but what it assumes is this. Should a spiritual fire consume this room to wipe away all the evil that "I" will be left standing. IF this is your stance regardless of whom you are you are a hypocrite. Sin is in all people. Evil and Wickedness do not exit outside of the hearts and minds of men.

Speaking directly to the issue of gays. This is perhaps the largest distraction and waste of time that has faced reggae music in it's history. You have government corruption, teenage pregnancy. Killings on a daily basis. Churchical Brainwashing along with the IDOLIZATION of goods and non sustainable lifestyles and you choose gays? this all seems like page 1 of the Republican playbook.
September 18, 2012 04:49AM
the evil that your corporation NIKE does on a daily basis far outweighs and exceeds any western fantasies about the violence being done to your people.........MEMO; false issues abound in the US because they want you to keep your eyes off of the prize....quite simply ninja Travis "take the beam out your own eye before you judge a man"
September 18, 2012 07:34AM
so I assume you direct that to anyone who has ever purchased Nike product? oh not just Nike but Hurley, Converse, Umbro there are all Nike companies. I suppose that if you own anything made out of leather someone should post a horrible photo of animals having their throats slit. OR if you eat meat someone should post the photos of that pink slime stuff.

That photo is from 1996. A lot has changed since then my friend. Go check for yourself. Consider it to be mental exercise to keep you from becoming mentally obese relying on information that is almost 20 years old. A lot has changed in this time.

since you are into affiliations...as an American do you want to be affiliated with the other American who just made that movie about Islam? Yeah see affiliations suck when they don't actually benefit you.

Finally after all the reasoning is done. I would gladly settle this argument with physical confrontation if all else fails. I am into forcing people to see things my way. I do work for a godless corporate entity after all. IF you would have looked close you would have seen me in the video of my good friend Mitt Romney making fun of the 47% of Americans who are dependent on government.
September 18, 2012 12:34PM
Thank you for the response.

I have two tickets and will be there. I am extremely excited for this how and I'm happy to see you understood my questions.

I was at Buju when it got pepper sprayed, I was at Capleton in Eureka when the fire marshall shut it down after 30 minutes. I havfen't been around like many of you, but it seems since I moved out West, I've only seen the worst of it - all of the above and the end of ROR.

Hopefully, this is the up-swing.

Thanks for bringing Capleton, a musical idol of mine. Looking forward to smiling with you all that night. :-)
September 18, 2012 12:34PM
c'mon son your corporation abuses children worldwide (not to mention the minds of ghetto children who want to buy their overpriced product) and you bring up some bogus, fabricated non-issue, get real son
September 19, 2012 08:53AM
c'mos son your county abuses human beings worldwide (not to mention the minds of human children who want to buy their overpriced product) and you bring in so bogus non issue, get real son.

So as you can see we are all apart of this global economy. You never mentioned if you actually own any products that I mentioned. You do buy gas I assume? Pay taxes. Your argument holds no lbs...son.

I am simple. If people aren't bothering you don't bother them. The side show of who can be more anti gay has cost this genre more then can possibly be recovered by this generation.

PS this is how you miss the mark...Ghetto kids don't buy @#$%&. This is why Hip Hop music was obscure and I had to hunt it out. It is the suburban kids who buy product thinking that makes them "like" the people who are featured in the marketing of the product that are being brainwashed. get your facts straight. It is all about the money.
September 19, 2012 10:36AM
"come on son" cracks me up to hear you guys call each other son back n forth!!
September 19, 2012 10:43AM
Did i mention CAPLETON is coming to town
September 19, 2012 10:55AM
Right!! Capleton in Portland!! With Naki Kulcha Knox!! Going to be an IRIE event.
September 19, 2012 11:29AM
yeah man I know he is coming to PDX. Big Up Shango. We get sidetracked cause the thread really loses it's purpose after the info has been passed on. Knowing PDX I would just be shocked if all of the sudden Capleton is coming to town with no heat. Heat which he brings upon himself willingly. Respect to King Shango for being a man who isn't afraid to stand by his words....

Side note...best show I think I have seen at SNWMF...was at the other venue when Capleton and Cocoa Tea blessed the stage..
September 20, 2012 04:55PM
One of the best shows I saw was the Reggae Rising combo of Lutan followed by Capleton. He brought pure fire, no way was he going to let Lutan outshine him.

Plus that venue offered him the stage and crowd size that really gets him going
September 21, 2012 06:23AM
ONEBLOOD_SOUND

This is the last live show at shattuck downlow, we will allow the band to go over 2am if we must.

What happened? The club closing down, or no more live performances?
September 21, 2012 12:32PM
Chimino
ONEBLOOD_SOUND

This is the last live show at shattuck downlow, we will allow the band to go over 2am if we must.

What happened? The club closing down, or no more live performances?

The Downlow lost it's lease, despite the fact that business has been great and the neighbors are fine with the place. Sadly, the building owner wants to do something different with the space. It was a pioneering club in the east bay and its presence will be missed.
The good news is that Smoky is moving King of Kings Sundays to the New Parish in Downtown Oakland. A great venue with a smoking patio and a permit to be open till three. Sad to move but after 10 years that event must keep going!

www.aztlanroots.com
@ReggaeDelgado
facebook.com/AztlanRootsMusic
September 21, 2012 12:38PM
I for one am excited about king of kings at the new parrish....gonna be wicked....
September 26, 2012 09:21PM
thanks @reggaedelgado
last party at shattuck is oct 14
first party at the new parish is oct 21
October 04, 2012 02:51PM
CAPLETON dub session in oakland monday....
October 04, 2012 06:15PM
October 05, 2012 10:46PM
Who' the idiot that sent out the "Capelton" (sic) email earlier.

Capletonnnnnn, Capletonnnnnn, Capletonnnnnn!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login