Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Anthony-b" won't be performing in California

Posted by Born fire music 
"Anthony-b" won't be performing in California
September 25, 2012 04:16PM
"Anthony-b" be performing in California and till I man Freedom Fighter US East-west 2013 tour. So to all I man fans out there and the west side!!!! I send out this message to save my fans from a rip off!!! I was not book to perform in Arcata and the 09-OCT 2012 I won't be there and I was not book are contracted to perform in San francisco and the 12-OCT 2012 I won't be there!!! Pass on these words for I. This Anthony-B message to all Reggae fans and supporter. Born Fire Music LLC. www.anthonybmusic.net. Twitter @Anthonybreggae. Email info: bornfiremusic@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 04:58PM by Daniel.
Re: "Anthony-b" won't be performing in California
September 25, 2012 08:56PM
September 26, 2012 11:04AM
Translation:
Anthony B will NOT be performing in California until His "Freedom Fighter" US East/West Tour in 2013. This message is for all of his fans on the west coast. "I am sending this message so my fans don't get ripped off!!! I was not booked to perform in Arcata on October 9th, 2012. I won't be there. Nor was I booked or contracted to play in San Francisco on October 12, 2012. I won't be there!!! Pass on the word for me" This message from Anthony B goes out to all Reggae Fans and supporters.
Contact Info:
Born Fire Music LLC.
www.anthonybmusic.net.
Twitter @Anthonybreggae.
Email info: bornfiremusic@gmail.com

While Patois has its place communicating in broken english doesn't help to get your message across clearly. Unprofessionalism in the Reggae industry is a consistent gripe on these boards. While I appreciate the intention of this message it still fell short of its goal. It is not even correct about the false information. A quick internet search reveals no information about an October show in Arcata (only local advertising maybe?) and that there is indeed a show being advertised for October 10th (not the 12th) at Slim's in San Francisco. Hard core fans would probably find this strange because he usually sells out the independent every year around Jan/Feb. Also any promoter worth anything would or should know that this forum is one of the most effective places to advertise a show
September 26, 2012 11:06AM
Thank you for the translation.
September 26, 2012 11:10AM
A "Mulligan" was in order :-)
September 26, 2012 03:49PM
there's been 'advertising' for a pair of shows here in OR.
Anthony B, Sammy Dread & Baijie w/Bornfire Band
Ashland Armory Sep 28 and Bossanova Ballroom, Portland the 30th

lotsa posters around and a good chunk of change spent on underwriting at local
community radio... (no social media presence whatsoever, tho)

I have reached out to the 'promoter' "Bekka Records" located in Ashland, OR
with intent to offer my talents, as I always do, to absolutely NO RESPONSE
(I usually make these offers w/o asking for compensation, my attitude being if
it's supposed to happen, it will [being paid] / it's for reggae!)

I wonder if Anthony B can tell us here if he's actually doing these shows or not.. ?

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
September 26, 2012 04:32PM
I shot an email to the bornfiremusic@gmail addy this morning asking if these shows were confirmed. Someone replied saying yes, both Oregon shows are confirmed and Anthony will be there...
SO...I made a likkle post on FB to share the only photo I could find for the Ashland event with a remark saying something to the extent "Although these events are seriously lacking promotion, word I got is that Anthony B is CONFIRMED!"
later on today, i notice the promoter finally seen my post.
this was her remark:
"In your eyes my show is lacking in promotion, but I'm like 50 tickets away from selling out this place, Wow! ...And on my way now to pick up Anthony B, Sammy Dread, Baijie, and all the band from the airport. So Bless Up Everybody, thanks for your support."
I was kind of blown away....REALLY???
lol
September 26, 2012 04:36PM
Word of mouth is not 'Promotion"....
September 26, 2012 04:38PM
mulligan

thumbs up

there's no way she could only have 50 tickets left...maybe she meant to say that she has only sold 50 tickets...?
smoking smiley
September 26, 2012 05:45PM
Ashland Armory capacity = 500
Bossanova Ballroom capacity = 750

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
September 27, 2012 12:03PM
No Eugene show Saturday night?? Ashland Friday and PDX Sunday. I might come to Ashland on Friday but would prefer a 2 hour drive to Eugene. Anyone know about a Eugene Anthony B show??
September 27, 2012 12:29PM
rogueagent
mulligan

thumbs up

there's no way she could only have 50 tickets left...maybe she meant to say that she has only sold 50 tickets...?
smoking smiley

Thats word!!
September 27, 2012 04:08PM
Ras Danny
there's been 'advertising' for a pair of shows here in OR.
Anthony B, Sammy Dread & Baijie w/Bornfire Band
Ashland Armory Sep 28 and Bossanova Ballroom, Portland the 30th

lotsa posters around and a good chunk of change spent on underwriting at local
community radio
... (no social media presence whatsoever, tho)

This sounds like promotion and not word of mouth to me. Just sayin.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
September 28, 2012 09:43AM
who is promoting this show in Portland?
September 28, 2012 09:50AM
September 28, 2012 02:29PM
OK, I went on to Anthony B's website, sent an email, and received this reply:

Blessing for your contact this is Anthony I am not contracted are book for no. Shows in California and til the start of I man 2013. Tour that will starting on the 02-JAN at the Dub Club LA so the shows that are been advertising for Oct next month are fake I are I man booking agency don't know about them. I will be in Ashland and Portland Oregon tonight 28th of Sep and 30th. These 2 shows and the West side Only. Thanks again for your word. Peace

So it appears the OR shows this weekend are legit. I hope that helps clear things up.
September 28, 2012 06:18PM
yes I man Anthony-b his in Ashland now I will performing at the Ashland Armory 208 Oak St Ashland OR 97520. And in Portland and the 30th. These are good ppl. I know they just need support we where young ppl. So you know. Live is a lesson so we all learn thru experiance. Come out and give a hand to a sister and a brother. Its good to show the new comer the love and intrest in the Jamaican reggae vibes!!! Come out and spread the love!! You have the words of I man Anthony_B your self. Freedom Fighter. Say. Love you all!!
September 28, 2012 06:24PM
@anthonybreggae my twitter follow I man "ANTHONY-B" for all info and updates
September 28, 2012 06:55PM
Thanks for all the good shows you have given to us over the years Anthony B! Your energy lights it up every time!
September 28, 2012 06:58PM
J_72
Thanks for all the good shows you have given to us over the years Anthony B! Your energy lights it up every time!

4 Real!

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
September 29, 2012 12:19AM
Nuff Respek to di I Man.

MoreLove

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
September 29, 2012 08:12AM
Well the show last nite in Ashland was the shortest show I have ever been to. Baije, Sammy Dread, & Anthony B all occupied the stage for a grand total of less than 30 minutes. Baije did 2-3 tracks, Sammy Dread did one, and Anthony B did about 6 - checking his watch the entire time. They started around 11:45 & were done by a couple minutes after 12.

Disappointing, sure, but there were probably less than 50 people in the venue when Baije started, so I could certainly see why the artists weren't into it... Not sure how many had gotten there by the time Anthony got on stage, but I couldn't imagine there being more than 150 (this is generous).

Most bummed about not seeing Sammy Dread play M16!!!

I hope that the Portland show goes off, because the one in Ashland certainly did not.
September 29, 2012 10:18AM
All i got to say is burn up cya!!
September 29, 2012 11:26AM
not sure who is booking them etc but ZERO promotion. when I say zero I mean the promotional effort failed. I see Capleton signs every seven feet on the East side of PDX. Perhaps Capleton should hire whomever promoted this show and he might avoid being boycotted as no one will be aware of his presence. This is a joke, I am kidding but the level of promotion really needs to increase. Anthony B is a top notch act. I can assure you this. They probably all played for just as long as they were paid to.
September 30, 2012 02:00AM
The Ashland Armory has a strictmidnight curfew, so, regardless of the time an artists gets on stage... off at midnight. Big up Anthony for reminding us to support the new comers. I know many people who have reached out to help this effort. Let's al be humble and lend a hand to support reggae music in any way that we can, even when the efforts are refused, it is OUR community and OUR artists who suffer.
September 30, 2012 05:30AM
Call it what it is. This show was a failure. someone tried to pull off a show and they failed something awful. Why even book a reggae act at a venue that shuts down at midnight? That shows a complete lack of understanding of the genre to begin with. Some people are good at putting on shows and some people are no good at it. some people think reggae is hippie music and this is how they treat it. They think there is some sort of "mystical" aspect to putting on a reggae show. Listen, Pay the people up front, don't rely on ticket sales and promote the hell out of the show. Not taking assistance is sticking it to your paying customers.
October 01, 2012 07:32AM
UPDATE re: PORTLAND SHOW

I saw the below comments on a friend's page on FB. Her original post said "Hope the Anthony B show in Portland tonight is awesome! Who is there? How is it going? BOOM!"

This was the reply from someone who attended the Bossanova show:

"Total BUST!!!!...there were only maybe 19 people there... NO ONE PLAYED! and the DJ played something very much not reggae...just bad! I didnt even ask for my money back...just chalk it up...there will be others...Bossanova is a great Venue by the way....they probably just didnt promote very well. Richie Spice next on the agenda!"

So there you have it...the promoter "killed" it...Literally!!! smoking smiley
October 01, 2012 09:31AM
I am shocked to hear about Anthony B playing such a short set. He came to Bend, OR last year and the venue the Domino room never has big turn outs for reggae. I doubt there was 75 people there and he played a 2 hour set. Is this because he was paid well?? I almost drove to Ashland for that show, so glad i didnt 8 hours of driving for a 20 minute set by Anthony B would have been way dissapointing.
October 01, 2012 10:20AM
From what I understand, Rossta, the reason AB only played for 20 minutes in Ashland was because the promoter had him stay in a hotel/lodge way outside of Ashland...then, instead of going to pick him up or having someone that knew the area drive him to the Ashland Armory from the lodge, she gave AB and his crew directions to the show. Apparently, AB & crew had no clue where they were or where they were going and got lost for over 2 hours trying to get to the event. They eventually showed up at the Armory at about 11:30pm...and the show had to be over by midnight due to the "rules" of the Armory...
October 01, 2012 10:40AM
That makes a lot more sense, to bad. I know a lot of people were dissapointed by the way the show was promoted and handled and this new info does not make it any better. Sorry to all who were dissapointed. Nothing worse than being excited for a show only to be dissapointed.
October 01, 2012 10:59AM
Yeah soo same excuse for the portland show or what?? Gimmicks!!
October 02, 2012 12:12AM
Too many fly by night promoters in reggae.
October 04, 2012 08:53AM
what's really corny is that Anthony B likes this "production company" (in place of a more colorful and precise term, lol)
so much that it seems he is trying to push dem into business with us in doing this "I man 2013. Tour that will starting
on the 02-JAN at the Dub Club LA
" ...not sure WE need their help... jus sayin...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login