Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

J Boog and Hot Rain LIVE tonight at The New Parish in Oakland

Posted by DeeCee 
J Boog and Hot Rain LIVE tonight at The New Parish in Oakland
October 02, 2012 07:43PM
Wednesday october 3rd is the return of the Prince of Polynesia - J BOOG. He is joined on stage for a very intimate performance with Hot Rain!

Tickets: [www.thenewparish.com]

The New Parish
579 18th Street (at San Pablo)
Oakland

J Boog is a man of many influences. The singer of Samoan descent was born in Long Beach and raised in Compton, California. Growing up in the rough streets of Compton, the strong sense of tradition and culture that J Boog absorbed from his family was instrumental in his path to stay off the

streets and begin a successful music career.

At the age of four, after hearing his older sister playing the piano, he developed an interest and started watching her and learning about music. Soon, J was singing along to the notes & melodies he heard his sister play. A while later, she brought home a Bob Marley song book. Even at this young age, J knew Bob's name and his music. Upon hearing his sister begin to play, something clicked inside J. He hasn't been the same since.

The first time J Boog performed in front of an audience, he was nine years old. It was a large family reunion at a church and there were about 200 people present. J's mother and sister insisted for him to sing Whitney Houston's "One Moment In Time" and J obliged them. Though he was nervous, it went quite well.

J Boog's music career became serious in 2005, when a couple of brothers from his neighborhood brought him to one of J's favorite artists, George "Fiji" Veikoso". The two began working together immediately and J ended up moving to Hawaii in 2006 to continue developing his craft. After releasing his debut album "Hear Me Roar" in 2007, he joined the musical family Wash House Music Inc, a record label based in Hawaii and San Francisco.
A year later, in 2008, J Boog met Gramps Morgan of Morgan Heritage and there was an instant chemistry. Gramps was keen on working with J, and set out to make a way. Shortly after, Gramps, J Boog and other Wash House family members were in Jamaica recording in such prestigious places as Bob Marley's "Tuff Gong" Studio, Don Corleone's "Hit Maker", Bobby Digital's "Digital B", Shaggy's "Big Yard", Sugar Minott's "Youth Man Promotion" and more.

The results are apparent when listening to Boog's new music. It is authentic Island Music and genuine Jamaican reggae at the same time. Truly a new and exciting combination. There is a natural theme to Boog's writing: love. It recurs throughout his work and never once seems contrived. When you listen, you will feel he truly knows matters of the heart.

These days Boog is either in a studio, on a stage or catching a flight. Radio interviews have become a daily thing and it's a little overwhelming for the young artist, though he has been smart enough to keep his humility. He has a great sense of humor and an even better sense of reality. He can be overheard saying how blessed he is on a daily basis. It's easy to see why J Boog has been winning over fans when you meet him. He has the right spirit and attitude to carry him to the next level.
J Boog's new album, "Back Yard Boogie" released on September 27th 2011, debuting at #1 on the iTunes & Billboard Reggae Charts. The album features guest performances from the likes of Peetah Morgan of Morgan Heritage, Tarrus Riley, Fiji, Spawn Breezie, Jah Maoli, and Jacob Hemphill of SOJA.
Re: J Boog and Hot Rain LIVE tonight at The New Parish in Oakland
October 02, 2012 08:11PM
Tomorrow
October 02, 2012 11:43PM
October 03, 2012 09:57PM
You coming through tonight Kim?
October 03, 2012 11:39PM
I wish I could, but the miles add up on me after a while.
I am sticking close to home for a while.
October 04, 2012 01:32AM
Ahh, no sweat big guy! I'll try to do my best to cover the show without you. See you soon I hope.

Bless up.
October 04, 2012 06:58PM
Common Kings, Hot Rain & J Boog KILLED IT last night at the New Parish!!!! It was a GREAT kick-off show for Boog's new tour! I'm not sure where or when these guys are coming to a town near you but be sure to check 'em when they do!!! I know people have a lot of opinions... (Specially round here!!) But I gotta say, J Boog and crew are some of the most humble and heartical breddrin i've had the pleasure of kicking it with... Heartfelt music and heart felt vibes, spending any amount of time around these guys and you get the unmistakeable feeling that it's not an act. When Boog smiles, he means it.

Can't say enough about the Common Kings... They absolutely put on a fantastic show, opening for Hot Rain and Boog last night, I definitely get got the feeling that won't be an opening band for long! Again great vibes and awesome musicians! Loved it!... To paraphrase an anonymous source..... "Yo, I get ALL my digital music for free... being in the industry I get at least 8 rythyms a day, and can't remember the last time I bought an album online, until I came across yours. You guys killed it!"

As you can probably tell I had a AWESOME time shooting this show.... More photos soon come.

Bless up Massive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 06:59PM by Christopher.
October 04, 2012 07:19PM
digitalguise

I like the rasta Iupati jersey. Represent!
October 05, 2012 03:15AM
Nice shot Christopher. You captured the humble man well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login