World Music
February 25, 2005 08:59PM
How Come No World Music Acts yet? just reggae
Re: World Music
February 25, 2005 09:42PM
read the board.

Author: Daniel (---.dsl.mindspring.com)
Date: 02-25-05 11:51

Thanks DirtBag (not that I am the one 'listening'), but right now I think some of the 'world music' lovers might take exception with you assessment regarding balance. But hold the faith everyone, because there will be plenty of that added in the weeks to come.....
Spleece
February 25, 2005 09:44PM

BRING DEAD CAN DANCE!!!!

PLEASE!

-
February 26, 2005 01:31AM
I will be patient as I always am, i know they wont dissappoint I
im sure that there is going to be some great "world music acts"!
Acacia
March 31, 2005 09:35PM
How about the West African Highlife Band?
March 31, 2005 09:44PM
>i*could really go for a dose of Babba Maal dis here ya year! -RASpects+
March 31, 2005 09:48PM
FORward Babba Maal, wicked, perhaps some bongo Maffin
shaunsta
March 31, 2005 09:59PM
how about Santana that would be great.it wouldnt happen though.how about some skaflames more ska baby!!!!!
March 31, 2005 10:04PM
Anyone heard of the Magic System from Senegal. Well crucial. They would be perfect for SNWMF.
April 01, 2005 12:40AM
or Daara j from Senegal- Crucial
nate
April 01, 2005 11:45AM
What about Hamas Lila? They usally at smwf. I'm in love with those beautiful women. Some more Ska would be great. Give us some Iseralites, Hepcat, and Skatilites
April 01, 2005 02:55PM
ah yes, Nikila and Deja- Beauties definitely and wonderful sisters to know

Big up to them
April 01, 2005 09:55PM
yes yes - and Tavaka and Värttinä too!

Oops - just rereading, and I was in too much of a hurry - I meant Te Vaka (sorry for the misspelling) - awesome group from New Zealand [www.tevaka.com]

Post Edited (04-02-05 08:47)
April 02, 2005 04:26AM
Angelique would be great, I kidjo not.
KultureMan
April 02, 2005 05:19AM
JahQuest...Brazilian Reggae w/ their new sound would hit the spot!

April 02, 2005 08:07PM
>LUCKY DUBE HAS NEVER PLAYED SNWMF!
BIG UP sum S.Africa dis year!
> pops mohamed, soul brothers, amampondo, ect.!
-RASpects+
April 03, 2005 04:15AM
i really enjoyed >africa fete<(sp) back in 97 possibly 98. first time i ever saw live african music-good vibez- kind of sounded like salsa in a different language . i would defenatly like to see them again
one love-juan love
April 03, 2005 05:38PM
Hey Juan - the Afrikan Fete was very good indeed- but was not a band, but a tour of several acts from Afrika... and I would love to see something of that nature return!
Kel-I Bubbler
April 04, 2005 12:11AM
Yes I saw the African Fete too,it was 66 musicians in total, one of the most intense musical experiences I have ever witnessed. I attended with two friends who are natives of Africa, one from Ghana, one from Liberia. At one point we were sitting in tall dry grass behind the stage area and my friends were talking to some of the musicians in Vai as we shared our refreshments with them. That's the closest to Africa I've ever been, it was niceness.
April 04, 2005 12:58AM
Please book Jahquest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the drummer is marrying my sistren-in-law that weekend and it is conflicting with our yearly family gathering. it would be too crucial if they were to wed at the fest!!!!!!!!!!irie! anyways JahQuest would be mashing at this show. please get them there or ini's dawta and raggamuffins may not be able to make it this year!!!!!!!!!!!!
InI on the other hand will naw be missin dis one seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~IRIE VIBES EVERYTIME~
April 05, 2005 02:43AM
Hey Daniel! ask warren to elp a bredren out ona dis one! musa ave JahQuest!!!!!!!!
R_Drummie
April 05, 2005 04:28AM
Juan, many of the west African states do play salsa and sang in their languages. African salsa's wicked.

And since I'm here and discussing African music, I'd like to ad my 'wishlist':

Osibisa reunion (African)
Les Shleu Shleu reunion (Haiti)
Les Aiglons reunion (Haiti)
Baaba Maal
Thomas Mapfumo
Kassav
Sparrow
Calypso Rose
Black Stalin
Ruben Blades & the Solar System

Does the Irish River Dance also qualify as 'World music'? If so, I wouldn't mind watching those girls tapdancing to some dubmusic in the 100 degree weatherwinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login