Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ignorant comments....

Posted by mulligan 
Ignorant comments....
October 09, 2012 09:03AM
ya know - posting ignorant comments only verifies a bigoted and hypocrital attitude.
Re: Ignorant comments....
October 09, 2012 09:06AM
Wasnt it you that told someone to go die??
October 09, 2012 09:10AM
yes it was, which was then edited out by me.. my meaing of it was to just go away, unlike "and then we killed some gays" which is a definite statement.

Also - the old news you refer to does not make me a bigot while "and then we killed some gays" certainly does.
October 09, 2012 09:14AM
that thread got pulled lets move on to something else. THere is so much positive in reggae music, there has been to much focus on negative here in the last few weeks. Its really sad. Lets chat about SNWMF 25th anniversary next year, lets chat about up and coming artists, lets chat about VI reggae, anything else please.
October 09, 2012 09:21AM
Gotta love the self righteous people on here... anyways yeag lets talk about the show tonight in chico that will be fire.. seeing naki again is gonna be dope.. N iam super stoked after reading about how capleton is on fyah this time round.. hope nuff show to bring the energy that any artist needs to put on a good set..

Found a little jamaican spot to nosh at before the show.. gonna be a great day

Sun is shinin.. weather is nice..
October 09, 2012 09:53AM
Yes Iriebarto! Sun is shinin!!
October 09, 2012 10:30AM
it's the 20th anniversary.... smiling smiley

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
October 09, 2012 10:48AM
yeah sorry, i might have added an extra 5 years
October 09, 2012 11:11AM
F*** the racist nazi punk bands but big up the "lynching gay people" artists....whoo hoo!
October 09, 2012 11:55AM
Here is something for you to chew on while you are grinding your teeth. The track that seems to be the flagship example (in Capleton's case) of hatred, "Hang Dem Up" was produced by Collin 'Bulby' Yorke & Lynford 'Fatta' Marshall.
These same producers have created tracks for Singing Melody, Marcia Griffiths, Sanchez, Louie Culture, Cocoa Tea, Anthony Red Rose, Luciano, J.C. Lodge, Beenie Man, Capleton, Mad Cobra, Al Campbell, Everton Blender, Mikey Spice, Beres Hammond, Jack Radics, Singing Melody, Freddy McGregor, Culture, Tony Rebel, Yami Bolo, Tanya Stephens, Anthony B, Sizzla, Bounty Killer, Morgan Heritage, Mikey General, Mr Vegas, Nitty Kutchie, Elephant Man, Tanto Metro & Devonte, Buju Banton, Junior Kelly, Half Pint, Admiral Tibet, Wayne Wonder, George Nooks, Chaka Demus & Pliers, Pam Hall, Determine. Mr Easy, L.M.S., Spragga Benz, Ghost, Lady Saw, Turbulence, Michael Rose, Queen Ifrica, Natty King, Cutty Ranks, Richie Stephens, Vybz Kartel, Aidonia, Tarrus Riley, Assassin, T.O.K. and many more.
By your standards they all support "Murder Music". These artists have worked with other artist or performed with them on the same bill, you would be hard pressed to find an artist in reggae that is not "tainted by affiliation".
October 09, 2012 12:23PM
nahikuroots
Here is something for you to chew on while you are grinding your teeth. The track that seems to be the flagship example (in Capleton's case) of hatred, "Hang Dem Up" was produced by Collin 'Bulby' Yorke & Lynford 'Fatta' Marshall.
These same producers have created tracks for... and many more.
By your standards they all support "Murder Music". These artists have worked with other artist or performed with them on the same bill, you would be hard pressed to find an artist in reggae that is not "tainted by affiliation".

This is some of the worst reasoning I've ever read. Capleton is responsible for the content of the lyrics he sings in his songs. Not a single other soul. Sorry, nahikuroots.
October 09, 2012 12:45PM
"Capleton is responsible for the content of the lyrics he sings in his songs. Not a single other soul"
Then why are his listeners responsible? I may have missed something but a consistent theme seems to have been "If I listen to Capleton/go to a live performance I support "Murder Music"" In the opinion of some I can't support his good ideas without supporting his bad ideas. I see no difference between that stance and holding all artists who choose to use the same producers or sing alongside him to the same principle. Apparently the Audience and the Artists are being judged by different standards of responsibility. There is no need to apologize when debating Walter. Just respond with a counterpoint. I'm sure it was not your intent to be dismissive.
October 09, 2012 01:35PM
Capelton (all artists, really) decide what to record and what they will perform at a concert, in effect what they will produce for the market.

Consumers are responsible for the content they consume. So if you are informed that an artiste puts out Murder Music and you support him by putting money in his pocket, then you are supporting Murder Music and encouraging the artiste to make more, because you are proving that Murder Music sells.

Two sides of the same coin. Metaphorically speaking, one is heads, the other tails. The coin itself is morally counterfeit.

I personally refuse to support anybody's muder music, not Capleton, not Beenie Man, not Buju, even though I recognize these are individuals who possess a wealth of talent. It is a little sad to think about, all that talent being wasted to wage lyrical war on gay folks.

And you are right, I did not intend to sound dismissive and I apologize for any offense given. I meant "Sorry nahikuroots" to say "nahikuroots, nothing personal, no offense intended."
October 09, 2012 01:45PM
J_72
F*** the racist nazi punk bands but big up the "lynching gay people" artists....whoo hoo!

Again... capleton has as much of a right to his beliefs as u do your and i mine... just as much the homos have to do gay stuff.. just as much as the things in life i choose to burn out
October 09, 2012 09:07PM
So we as music listeners have no right to listen to music without being (falsely) accused of promoting hate?
Ok.
Go it.
Nothing more to disgust...

You all have made your opinions very clear....

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
October 10, 2012 10:28AM
Original RuffNeck Sol Jah

Probably not what you meant, but fitting still...
October 10, 2012 01:53PM
meanwhile the Caribbean is in SHAMBLES...have a nice day
October 10, 2012 05:06PM
Stamina!
Original RuffNeck Sol Jah

Probably not what you meant, but fitting still...

Exactly what I meant.
I know "discuss" is grammatically correct....

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
October 10, 2012 07:32PM
I thought that was obvious
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login