Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guns, Materialism And Hatred

Posted by Ninja 
Guns, Materialism And Hatred
October 10, 2012 01:57PM
F U if you promote these things using music. Go first hand and see some of the F'd up places that this music comes from. Go see what it does to kids. shut the F up about DUTTY THIS AND THAT. STAND UP AND DO SOMETHING TO HELP PEOPLE. I swear I will fight the next person that chats some stupid @#$%& who has never been to these places. You can call this a rebirth of sorts. I don't care if you are a BOBO or a GANGSTER if you ain't doin shi+ for your community you have ZERO value and are part of the problem....JUST LIKE I HAVE BEEN FOR SO LONG.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 02:21PM by Daniel.
Re: GUNS, MATERIALISM AND HATRED
October 10, 2012 02:07PM
But isn't this music less about "promoting" these things and more about reflecting what is already in the streets?
October 10, 2012 02:25PM
IMO. HELLS NO. There is all kinds of stuff going on street level. Plenty of people helping others. what happens is this. GUNS, SEX, DRUGS and VIOLENCE SELL. But this aint' all that's going on on the streets. There are NUFF people trying to do good but who is it that has the ears of the youth?

I honestly don't begrudge people for liking what they like. I just can't listen to another Bad Man tune made by an F'ing coward that has 4 kids by 3 women and doesn't spend a dime to protect them. When your kids got no food to eat an artist (and I through the promotion of material styles). is telling them that getting a Casio and wearing Jeans that fit a 10 year old are what is good in life there is a problem. Right now, I am pissed so take this into consideration. I am not being entirely rational. I am in between seeing people who live on less then we give to dogs and people like myself who live lives of luxurious excess comparative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 02:26PM by Ninja.
Re: Guns, Materialism And Hatred
October 10, 2012 03:30PM
I hear you loud and clear. As a DJ, I do not play that type of music and am disheartened by those that do. Positive Vibrations People!

I am even turned off by the "I Kill Soundboys" kinda crap that is pretty harmless.

But I am def confused that you are willing to fight in the name of non violence.

MoreLove,
Treez

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
October 10, 2012 03:34PM
ites ninja!

well, i've never been a fan of that type of tune anyway. there are plenty of tunes that "reflect" real hard living and very dread situations but are quite different from "bad man" tunes. bob andy, joe higgs, etc (as well as some current artists)--very pleasant on the ears, and very real talk too.

ninja, i missed you big time at our little live remote pledge drive broadcast we did from fire on the mountain, although jacob was there! i managed to get a short blurb in about the good works and website.

m.

ps--ninja, check for yahadanai's tune "babylon toy"--killer anti-gun song.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
AKA
October 10, 2012 03:59PM
Ninja,

aren't you the same guy that wrote this in DEFENCE of hip hop?

Ninja quote - "Look at Lil Wayne and Jay Z. If you really listen to their collections you will notice that the vast majority of the music that think is promoting Sex, Cars and Violence is really storytelling. They are no more advocating or promoting violence then CNN or Peter Bergen."
October 10, 2012 04:28PM
the man has said "this is a rebirth of sorts"...

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
October 10, 2012 05:11PM
Ninja
F U if you promote these things using music. Go first hand and see some of the F'd up places that this music comes from. Go see what it does to kids. shut the F up about DUTTY THIS AND THAT. STAND UP AND DO SOMETHING TO HELP PEOPLE. I swear I will fight the next person that chats some stupid @#$%& who has never been to these places. You can call this a rebirth of sorts. I don't care if you are a BOBO or a GANGSTER if you ain't doin shi+ for your community you have ZERO value and are part of the problem....JUST LIKE I HAVE BEEN FOR SO LONG.

Why limit this to music only?
What about other forms of entertainment?

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
October 10, 2012 06:42PM
Ninja has been "bun up" by the righteous fire.... Travel can do that, lift the curtains from your eyes... It will change you Ninja. And that's where it starts... With the I.

Bless up king,
More love.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 06:43PM by Christopher.
October 11, 2012 07:26AM
at some point everyone in life will be in the desert by themselves and have to make a choice. This is my personal choice. I love reggae music, I want it to be sustainable. Gun tunes and tunes about daggering women in my opinion do not improve what is already a decaying society. When I say this don't get me wrong one of my favorite artist to this day is Kartel. Why? Because I see in him the potential to lift so many people. I don't believe that the book is closed on anyone including myself. All we can do is learn from the mistakes we all make and these include errors in reasoning.
October 11, 2012 09:57AM
The Human Species...Some of us are aggressive (necessary for survival), some of us are nurturers (also necessary for survival). This is not an equation you can "fix". Things are always decaying and always growing, being born and dying. You can add all the religion, politics and culture you want. That equation is not likely to change. Human history is long, music and literature have been mass consumables for a relatively short amount of that time. They are scapegoats for "Human Nature" which is neither good nor bad, but both.
Look closely at yourselves. Do you feel the need to control things? Control is an illusion, everything is passing. While we may be able to fool ourselves, some part of us knows this leading to frustration, anger and fear. Control seeks to halt or limit growth and growth will never be completely controlled.
If you count yourself lucky enough to be a nurturer, then by all means focus on growth and try and keep it positive. Surround yourselves with like minded people. Change will always come, hopefully through our works it's for the better.
A destination (righteousness) has much of its value tied up in the journey (trials & tribulations). How and why do you get to your destination then turn around and tell others they should skip the journey? Shine a light on the path if you can but understand the value of being allowed to move forward versus being forced.
October 11, 2012 10:49AM
If you choose to right a song bigging up shooting someone in the face or telling people how many people you have killed you are either a liar or a murderer.

If you choose to write a song about the killing of a person by hanging them and are yourself a product of the Trans Atlantic slave trade and a system that has historically hung your people from trees I would ask you to re evaluate your position.

If you write songs about daggering as many women as you can but all around you in society you have baby mama's and young girls who are having multiple children with multiple men I suggest you think about whether or not you are adding or subtracting to a problem that is devestating your society.

I am not better then you. I am just someone who at this point in my life has seen things that make me feel this way. I know the path to the top of the mountain is different depending upon where you come from but I also know that the world is full of systematic "stumbling blocks" that are laid out in front of the poor and less fortunate. I know that clean water will help you more then a G Shock. I know that having FOOD CLOTHES AND SHELTER is more important then driving a Benz. These are simply things that I believe in my life. Nothing more nothing less.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login