Edward Seaga on the direction of Dancehall in JA
October 16, 2012 01:12PM

don't shoot the messenjah, just posting this new link...
Re: Edward Seaga on the direction of Dancehall in JA
October 16, 2012 01:59PM
While I'm no fan of Eddie (or any other politician for that matter), I have to agree with him on this one for the most part
October 16, 2012 03:13PM
I like the lady doing the interview!! Haha! Very Cute
October 17, 2012 07:57AM
Before going into politics Seaga was a Harvard-educated ethnomusicologist & one of JA's pioneering record producers and label owners...
October 17, 2012 09:56AM
Hey Eddy then why don't you are your cronies get off your ass and do something about life on the streets? Why after so much time is JA still a political and social mess? You may be correct in your assesment but DEVELOPMENT is both economic and social. IF people are "socially under developed' then why is this?
October 18, 2012 02:27AM
Ninja
Hey Eddy then why don't you are your cronies get off your ass and do something about life on the streets? Why after so much time is JA still a political and social mess? You may be correct in your assesment but DEVELOPMENT is both economic and social. IF people are "socially under developed' then why is this?

Fwiw Seaga was the architect of JA's garrison model by building the 'mother of all garrisons' Tivoli Gardens.....

[jamaica-gleaner.com]

Proximity

THE border wars between garrison communities of different persuasions result in:

(i) the increased difficulty in maintaining law and order;

(ii) an ability to maintain social infrastructure (roads, water, sewage, garbage disposal, electricity, shops, supermarkets, markets), which border or pass through disparate communities;

(iii) a restriction of movement through these areas which affects human rights, transportation, and job attendance and opportunities;

(iv) a restriction of business opportunities to the localised area as customers from other communities are denied access by blocked roads and real or perceived threats of violence.

Creation

Garrison communities are created by:

(i) the development of large-scale housing schemes by the State and the location of the houses therein to supporters of the party in power;

(ii) homogenisation by the dominant party activists pushing out the minority from within and guarding against invasion from outside; and

(iii) the expelled setting up a squatter community.

The hard core garrison communities exhibit an element of autonomy, in that they are states within a state. The Jamaican State has no authority or power except in as far as it forces are able to invade in the form of police and military raids. In the core garrison disputes have been settled, matters tried, offenders sentenced and punished, all without reference to the institutions of the Jamaican State.
October 19, 2012 06:30PM
@#$%& that guy!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login