I-taweh & Nambo Robinson w/The Reggae Lions in PDX 11/2/12
October 18, 2012 10:04AM
This event just went from a show to a mini festival!

We have added some more spectacular and rootical entertainment to the line-up.

Jagga Culture supported by The People's Choice Band with Special Guest Papa Michigan!

$15 at the door

SINGING BIRD FAMILYFARM and TAP NAT MUZIK Present

About I-TAWEH~
Donavan "I-taweh" Cunningham was born in the hills of St. Ann, Jamaica to Rupert and Ruby Cunningham. Like most successful Artists, he comes from humble beginnings. I-taweh was raised in the farming community of Prickly Pole, in the hills of St. Ann, Jamaica. Just a few miles from the home where Bob Marley grew in Nine Mile. He spent most of his childhood farming alongside his father and four siblings. Growing up he played music with his family and friends, but his musical career started shortly after his move from the country to Kingston in 1992, where he was given the name “Danny Gitz” because of his growing reputation as an outstanding guitarist. He began his first tour with “High Symbol” in 1994. He then went on to become the youngest member of the original Nyabhingi group “Mystic Revelation of Rastafari” and extensively toured Europe with them. During those years he was also doing significant work as a band leader for the original "Dance Hall King" Sugar Minott and later became the guitarist for Everton Blender. His work with Everton Blender brought him to the U.S. in 2004 where he then became the bassist for the “Yellow Wall Dub Squad” a major backing band for headlining artists in the U.S. and the opening act for the artists they were playing for.

His act was billed as "Itawe" and often referred to as the "Reggae Lion". He quickly gained popularity as the singing bassist, and his voice was likened to that of the reggae legend Burning Spear. I-taweh says, "It is a compliment and I feel blessed because he has been a major influence in my life and my music." His incredible versatility on guitar and bass, precise vocals, and vibrant stage presence has kept him in high demand not only for live stage performances but in the studio as well. He has recorded for several major artists such as: Sade, Capleton, Morgan Heritage, Sugar Minott, Luciano, etc. and on any given day you can hear his guitar licks playing on radio stations across the globe. For the past few years he has been a band member and the opening act for artists such as the Abyssinians, Richie Spice, Anthony B, Gregory Isaacs, Yami Bolo, Ini Kamoze, Half Pint, Sister Carol, the Melodians, the Mighty Diamonds, Junior Reid, Tanya Stepehens and many more…

About NAMBO ROBINSON~
My name is Ronald “Nambo” Robinson, and I am a veteran musician, vocalist, percussionist and recording artist in Jamaica. I am recognized among my peers as one of Jamaica’s foremost trombonists.

I have recorded with various artists such as Bob Marley, Dennis Brown, Jimmy Cliff, Lauryn Hill, Gregory Isaacs, Peter Tosh, Bunny Wailer, Beres Hammond, Shaggy, and Buju Banton. Also I performed live with Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, The Four Tops, Lloyd Parks and We the People, The Tony D’Acosta Affair, The Boris Gardener Happening, Light of Saba and Mystic Revelation of Rastafari. This vast array of experience not only made me a true expert in composing reggae music, but also exposed me to genres such as jazz, classical and rhythm and blues.

I have recently launched a series of shows that feature young Jamaica musicians. The purpose of this effort is to showcase these talented young musicians while celebrating the various genres of indigenous music such as Mento, Ska and Rocksteady.

I have launched solo projects with the release of four album/CDs, titled Reggae in my Bone, Nambone Ska, Nambo Sing and Play and Raw Roots Rock Reggae. Along with that, I perform regularly at studio sessions for many of the island’s contemporary artists.

for more info: jahdanny@gmail.com

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
Re: I-taweh & Nambo Robinson w/The Reggae Lions in PDX 11/2/12
October 18, 2012 10:47AM
where is the show? sorry if it says and i just missed it. sounds like good time!

ras, you gonna be at KBOO today for the interview?

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
October 18, 2012 11:02AM
Ted's formally known as Berbatis Pan
October 18, 2012 11:04AM
October 29, 2012 10:46AM
Bun N Cheese are you going to be in the DJ booth for that? I am thinking about coming to this show but money can be tight sometimes. The 75$ in gas that gets me. I sleep in the back of my 4runner to make it lighter on the pocket book. Anyway would love to come for this show so I will see if I can pull it off.
October 29, 2012 11:11AM
shocks of sheba we will be hosting i-taweh and nambo in the KBOO studio for a little interview session during our show this thursday from 12p-2p . we will have pairs of tickets to give away to this concert; listen and call in to win tix, and attend the concert courtesy of KBOO radio! that would lighten the load on the pocketbook!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
October 29, 2012 11:23AM
Looks like Higher Reasoning Sound aka Ras Danny will be there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2012 11:28AM by bun n cheese.
October 29, 2012 11:32AM
Sounds good Mosquito Killer! I will try to tune in work permitting! I - Taweh was amazing at NWWRF this year. Is Teds a pretty cool venue?
October 29, 2012 11:34AM
it's a venue, so that's cool.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
October 29, 2012 11:40AM
HAHA! "its a venue, so thats cool" I will check out Ted's online. Must be a smaller venue cause ive never heard of it till recently.
October 29, 2012 11:52AM
Ted's used to be Berbati's Pan, which was used by reggae acts regularly. They changed up the building space a little to alot more space to Voodoo Donuts, but its basically the same.
October 29, 2012 11:59AM
Ok yeah I have heard of Berbati's pan before. Voodoo Donuts getting more space huh. Man people love those donuts. Less Donuts and more reggae i say! The venues i have been too is the Wonder ballroom for Groundatioin and Midnite shows. Mount Tabor, Crystal Ballroom and the Roseland.
October 29, 2012 12:03PM
Teds is downtown, just a few blocks from the Roseland.
October 29, 2012 12:09PM
Nice! Does the Roseland not put on much reggae anymore? Or just bigger name acts such as the Marley's.
October 31, 2012 03:14PM
rossta8888
Less Donuts and more reggae

agreed!

I-taweh, Nambo Robinson, Reggae Lions Band ~ Jagga, Papa Michigan, Peoples Choice Band ~ Nov 2 2012!(:30 radio ad)

Singing Bird Family Farm presents... I-taweh and Nambo in Portland, Oregon

check d'links

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
October 31, 2012 09:12PM
See you all there!
November 02, 2012 01:07PM
tonites the vibes!

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
November 05, 2012 12:04PM
Heard it was a great show!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login