Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Capelton, Kulcha Knox and Jah Thunder review & photos

Posted by Sista Irie 
Capelton, Kulcha Knox and Jah Thunder review & photos
October 21, 2012 10:47PM
THe Fyah Man was here Friday night along with one of my long time favorite artists, Kulcha Knox, and another up and coming artist Jah Thunder. I am not always the biggest fan of dancehall music. I have also seen Capelton multiple times in Jamaica through the years- however, I am now a believer.

Friday night was a totally awesome, energetic, conscious show with nothing but the very best of vibes in every way. I am going to give it to you- just the way it was. All three artists were in top form. I normally get tired by the end of a Friday night show after a long week at work. I was so wide awake, I couldn't sleep for hours even after getting home. The show was pure CONSCIOUSNESS 'fyah bunning on important issues like guns.'

I also want to say these three artists were accessible, very friendly and warm, courteous, respectful and open to taking every photo asked of them for almost an hour after the show. This is what I call true positive attitude as I recently had another experience that was no where near as level. I REALLY appreciate humble artists who care about their fans.

Irregardless of the tirades that are targeted at Capelton, Austin has a large gay community- in fact, I would say huge. Not one protester in sight and the night went on without any negative vibes at all. IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS OF THE YEAR. I am so glad I was there.

Here's a few photos and more to come on United Reggae.

SHANGO

KULCHA KNOX

JAH THUNDER

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 10:51PM by Sista Irie.
Re: Capelton, Kulcha Knox and Jah Thunder review & photos
October 23, 2012 11:58PM
Yes! Last night in New Orleans was totally Upful and Conscious!...2 full hours of Prophecy Sound, combined in Power, through the lyrical chants and songs from Capleton, Kulcha Knox and Jah Thunder!
Kulcha Knox forward with a potent CD, "Tell It"
Blessed to be there!!!
October 24, 2012 12:23PM
Great to hear this report. I am saddened that Capelton and crew were not given a chance to perform in some areas of the country. In North America, reggae music needs a major injection of fabulous performances by artists. I understand the issues around this particular artist, however, he was the best I could have ever hoped for and perhaps seeing the positive reaction without songs that cause these issues will allow the artists to focus on issues embraced globally such as guns, access to education, equal rights and justice, reduction of war....many of the themes I heard when King Shango and crew came to town. If we don't support when the artists perform the way we most desire, why should they ever change the scope or focus of their music?

This photo slid by without a watermark. This, of course, is Kulcha Knox (Naki). Please do not reproduce without permission. Blessed.

October 24, 2012 03:04PM
Nice review and GREAT photos Sis, particularly the ones of Naki who I know is not easy to 'capture'......
October 24, 2012 04:14PM
Yes, Great pics Sis! That last of Kulcha Knox is really nice....true words of wisdom also, in terms of "need" here in North America
October 24, 2012 07:29PM
"Yow string them up and hang them up alive All queers who come around here"
October 24, 2012 10:23PM
I have more of all of them. Need to send to united reggae first and then I will post more.
October 28, 2012 02:36PM
Thanks for the review and photos, Sista Irie. The Capleton/Kulcha Knox/Jah Mason show passed through St. Louis last Wednesday, and it was exactly as you've described -- conscious vibes, high energy, great musicianship.
October 28, 2012 09:04PM
Great work as always
October 28, 2012 10:22PM
i like Naki's plaid shirt... workin' man's shirt

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
October 29, 2012 12:37PM
I have been close to some studies going on in Africa concerning reggae music and I have faith that the tide will turn with dancehall. The country of Kenya and especially Nairobi is the epitome of roots loving reggae fans and that includes conscious dancehall. They know every word of their favorite artists like Spear, Culture, Luciano etc and they embrace it much like Jamaica did when I first started going to the island in the seventies. Their musicians are putting out music that will soon rival Jamaica with the same Jamaican sound. I have already heard some incredible tracks. My friend who is deeply entrenched in the reggae music industry, in fact an expert, recently conducted a workshop there and was blown away. There is hope that reggae will rise again even larger but it may not come out of Jamaica.
October 29, 2012 02:18PM
Boston Show Saturday was hot>>>
October 29, 2012 05:38PM
I agree Sister Irie! Roots reggae music is on the rise again. Even if it is not coming out of JA. The Virgin Islands are representing for sure! Would be huge to have some roots come out of Africa! Reggae Music nothing better!
November 04, 2012 08:59AM
November 04, 2012 06:18PM
Thanks for posting the article, Haile Bless. It's a little past the event but the vibes seem to have withstood throughout the tour.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login