OT: Today is the Last Day to Register to Vote
October 22, 2012 08:29AM
FYI, today is the LAST day to register to vote if you would like to participate in next month's elections.

And, while other states are making it more difficult to vote, if you have a California Driver's License or California I.D. card, you can now register to vote online.

Re: OT: Today is the Last Day to Register to Vote
October 22, 2012 08:52AM
Already passed for Oregon to Register! Just turned in my ballot today! OBAMA 2012
October 22, 2012 08:54PM
Thanks for the reminder Daniel
October 22, 2012 10:15PM
YES on 37 No to GMO's
Cant believe how many peeps dont even know wha gwaan with this one!?!
October 23, 2012 07:02AM
There is not ONE reason to vote no on 37, knowledge is always good.

Love that reggae!
October 23, 2012 08:37AM
Also here in Oregon we have prop 80 which would legalize marijuana at clubs for anyone over the age of 21. Curious to see if it gets voted in!
October 23, 2012 12:14PM
@Haile - Yes, I feel Prop 37 is even more important than the presidential election (cuz we all know that whichever candidate wins, the same global agenda will be pushed forward).
Can't believe that there are Cali peeps that don't know about the GMO agenda.... please spread the word! Yes on 37!
October 23, 2012 12:28PM
Oh yeah - 4 years of romney would be the same as 4 years of Obama. How naive.
October 23, 2012 02:25PM
4 years of romney will mean another thirty years with the reactionary bigot he appoints to the supreme court. nothing obama can do would be worse than that, I would rather have ganja prohibition than one more idiot on the supreme court.

Love that reggae!
October 26, 2012 10:23PM
Reggabe
@Haile Yes, I feel Prop 37 is even more important than the presidential election (cuz we all know that whichever candidate wins, the same global agenda will be pushed forward).
Can't believe that there are Cali peeps that don't know about the GMO agenda.... please spread the word! Yes on 37!

Tell dem agen!
You are voting for corporations and lobbyists when you vote democrat or gop

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
October 26, 2012 11:13PM
Four years if Mitt would take us back a few steps. There is a difference, IMO.
October 27, 2012 05:00AM
J_72
And its exactly that
your opinion
If you look at it from a not so personal view, the puppeteers are the same, only the puppets change...

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
October 27, 2012 07:13AM
"The puppeteers are the same, only the puppets change" sure sounds like a personal opinion to me RSJ.

Enjoy four years of Romney....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 07:21AM by J_72.
October 27, 2012 07:25AM
Nothing personal about it.
If you bother to research, NUFF special interests donate to both campaign funds
It's obvious, to those who see beyond divisive issues
And no I will not enjoy either as president as a matter of fact

Cesar Chavez
October 27, 2012 07:41AM
Original RuffNeck Sol Jah
J_72
And its exactly that
your opinion
If you look at it from a not so personal view, the puppeteers are the same, only the puppets change...

It may be J' s opinion, but his opinion happens to be fact. And not by just a "few steps".

Don't be fooled, Lizard. There are real differences between the two, although Robme has spent considerable effort to obscure that fact. But check this -- Robme will do to this country what he has always done in his professional life - obtain control of the enterprise, enrich himself and his cronies at the expense of the rest of us, then leave a smoldering mess for his predecessor.

He will start a war with Iran, so if you have any fiends aged 17-38 you'd better spend more time with them - because they will be the ones that will be asked to fight Robme's war - it certainly won't be any of the ruling elite's scions dying in that war.

He will spend tax dollars to needlessly buy weapons that the Pentagon and the JCS do not want to enrich his buddies in the defense industries. Our defense budget is already more than the next 15 countries combined (yeah, Obama understated it in the last debate) and he want to raise it.

He will remove regulations on oil drilling in place to protect the environment to enrich his buddies in the oil industry.

He will apply his 20% across-the-board tax 'break' and pay for it by eliminating most, if not all, of the tax deductions that the middle class depends on. BTW, analysts say that Robme's tax plan (or what we know of it) will raise the deficit AND also raise taxes for middle-class folks by an average of over $4,000.00 a year.

He will repeal the ACA so be sure to familiarize yourself with direction to the nearest ER, because insurance companies can and will deny you coverage for any pre-existing conditions that they want. Further, they will be allowed to define what a pre-existing condition is. Also, if you have insurance through your employer and you get sick, don't even try to change jobs - you'll never get insurance through your new employer. A number of studies agree that people using the ER as their only source of medical treatment is the most expensive and inefficient way to provide routine care to people because the most people cannot pay for ER services out of their own pockets. Who pays then? We all do in the form of higher insurance payments and passed-on medical care price increases. Got a MJ card? You have a pre-existing condition - no insurance for you, my friend.

He will rollback regulations on Wall Street and allow a return to the days before the Great Recession when fund managers were abusing the system while raking in multi-million dollar bonuses, thus enriching his Wall St. cronies.

He will rollback regulations on the banking industry and, just as will the Wall St gang, this will set the table for the banking industry to further jack up their profits through fees. They will again risk their asset pools and engage in speculative and risky business practices. They will do this because, while there is massive risk, the potential for massive profits (and massive bonuses) is there so the risks will be minimized and rationalized to be "worth it". Remember to big to fail? Do we want that scenario again?

He will work to eliminate women's access to contraception and abortion. Look at the planks of the GOP platform.

These are not my opinions - these are the facts.

Robme and his deep-pocket backers want to transform America from a Republic to a Plutocracy. These plutocrats view the middle class as the human engine that turns labor into money. Most of that money goes to the elite; a small amount is returned to the middle class to build the illusion of prosperity in the form of a house, car, vacation, big screen TVs, cable, and the like. All paid, of course, with easily obtainable credit with an APR of 19% -- just sign here and its yours.

The plutocracy views poor as a drag on society and wants them to just go away. This is another reason they want the ACA repealed - without insurance to pay for adequate health care, the poor will die sooner. They think the poor sit around all day, hawking the mailbox wait for their welfare checks. In their spare time, they are pumping out welfare babies to maximize their checks. Remember, you choose to be poor because you are lazy.

So Lizard, my friend, my question to you is this - Why do you ignore these facts and not act in your own self-interest? Robme and his plutocrat buddies certainly are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 01:06PM by Walter.
October 27, 2012 07:43AM
Who the heck is lizard?
I have no problems answering to other than my name, if its my screen name or any variation thereof....
Lizard?

Cesar Chavez
October 27, 2012 08:59AM
If any of us knew anything about politics we would be politicians. No ONE person can make dramatic change in a political system that has become a juggernaut. The system has been perverted by narrowing it down to a two party system, Lobbyists & Super PAC's and The Electoral College but there are still checks and balances. Why do you think Obama accomplished so little despite his excellent rhetoric? I agree that there are a lot of possibilities out there, good and bad. But there are still a lot of variables that have effects as well, specially when it comes to nature.
Let's try and remember that we are all Brothers and Sisters here, no matter what our opinions are. As much as media might want to make us believe that there are a ton of people "undecided", most people are already firmly entrenched in their beliefs. Being reactionary and inflammatory while name-calling and finger-waving has never convinced me of anything nor helped me convince anyone else of anything. As the old adage goes "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"
You make great points Walter but I find "his opinion happens to be fact", "Lizard" and "Robme" to be unnecessary rhetoric. If you want to be taken seriously then start by double checking what you write "then leave a smoldering mess for his predecessor." (Behind?, Inheritants?) and spelling "Plutocracy" Correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 09:05AM by nahikuroots.
October 27, 2012 09:13AM
Voting yes on 37 is a good start.
Voting for either major candidate for president is supporting the biotech industry however:

Cesar Chavez
October 27, 2012 09:34AM
GMOuch!
October 27, 2012 09:39AM
@orsj - my apologies - I thought you were the man formerly known as Royal Lizard. Sorry, no offense was meant.

Robme is my favorite mash up of Romney - and perfectly describes to me his base intentions. No apologies offered there. Don't like it? Tough.

Likewise, I do not apologize for misspellings. Find something of substance to bitch at.
October 27, 2012 10:02AM

Gwan Do Yuh Ting! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 27, 2012 11:20AM

Can someone please explain to me exactly what constitutes a "SPECIAL INTEREST"? I've never really understood the concept because, from where I sit, it seems to me that EVERYONE that is involved in the political process (other than the casual voter) does so because they are advocating for a SPECIAL INTEREST.......
October 27, 2012 11:30AM
Daniel

Can someone please explain to me exactly what constitutes a "SPECIAL INTEREST"? I've never really understood the concept because, from where I sit, it seems to me that EVERYONE that is involved in the political process (other than the casual voter) does so because they are advocating for a SPECIAL INTEREST.......

I was thinking of the special interest groups for herb, like NORML, or maybe even big grower interests in keeping it illegal. Just a hunch, not a fact...
October 27, 2012 11:30AM
Special interests with the $$$$ to back it up
No $$$$=no backative
It's all about the cheddar

Cesar Chavez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 11:31AM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
October 27, 2012 11:40AM
For example, one can easily view who supports prop 37 and who opposes it, financially.
Obviously, if Monsanto can afford 7 million to Dr Bronners 300,000 or so, there is a discrepancy....

Cesar Chavez
October 27, 2012 12:07PM
J_72
Daniel

I was thinking of the special interest groups for herb, like NORML, or maybe even big grower interests in keeping it illegal. Just a hunch, not a fact...

Pennies compared to anheuser busch, Phillip Morris, etc.
What exactly do you have against cannabis J?
Seems to be a reoccurring theme....

Cesar Chavez
October 27, 2012 12:12PM
Original RuffNeck Sol Jah
J_72
Daniel

Pennies compared to anheuser busch, Phillip Morris, etc.
What exactly do you have against cannabis J?
Seems to be a reoccurring theme....

Seems like a double standard to me. And I have nothing against cannabis, although I wish growers would pay their fair share of taxes like other folks, that's the reoccurring theme from my end.
October 27, 2012 12:20PM
J_72
Seems like a double standard to me. And I have nothing against cannabis, although I wish growers would pay their fair share of taxes like other folks, that's the reoccurring theme from my end.
My point was comparing norml's pro-legalization contributions to those companies contributions to keep cannabis prohibited, is similar to comparing Bronners pro-prop 37 contributions to Monsanto's anti-prop 37 contributions.....pennies! And I don't mean "Jah Reel"

I happen to agree with a lot of your criticisms of growers and the grower culture/cult.
Having lived in southern humboldt as a child, I am well aware of those issues.
Legalization is a solution to many if not all of those issues.

Cesar Chavez

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 01:06PM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
October 27, 2012 01:38PM
One more reason not to vote Republican....

[www.huffingtonpost.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login