October 22, 2012 07:51PM

Track 1 - Essential I & The Lambsbread - Cool and Humble
Track 2 - Lutan Fyah - Changes
Track 3 - Jahson Ites featuring Rocker T- Let It Be Known
Track 4 - Junior Toots & Ishi Dube - Mountain of Jah
Track 5 - Adrian Xavier - In My Dreams
Track 6 - Jah Sun & Chezidek - Stronger
Track 7 - Hailee Araya - Found A Way
Track 8 - World Needs Riddim (Instrumental Version)

The project consists of collaborations and individual contributions between well-known artists and composers as well as lesser known upcoming artists. The Standing Firm Riddim was the first installment, which sparked the fire to this movement, it was played on over 100 radio stations in the US alone. Now Sick Donkey Records returns with the World Needs Riddim, the project is set to launch even further into the international reggae scene.

Sick Donkey Records is based in Washington state in the Western U.S. and is founded by BlueJay (DJ Sticky).
Also a founder of Sick Donkey Records is Essential I, for the new World Needs riddim compilation, Essential I is joined by the male-female vocal duo The Lambsbread who are based in Hawaii.

Lutan Fyah from Jamaica makes waves as a tireless recording artist and appears here on the World Needs set.

Sick Donkey recording artist Jahson Ites from Washington, joins forces with veteran Rocker T (Jah Warrior Hi-Fi, Skadanks) of Brooklyn.

Son of the legendary Toots Hibbert (Toots and the Maytals) Junior Toots is forging his own powerful career and teams up with Northern California resident, by way of South Africa, Ishi Dube.

Seattle's own Adrian Xavier expresses his vision for the world on the set.

Humboldt's Jah Sun contributes Stronger which he chose as the title track for his second album, its a combination with Jamaica's Chezidek.

From Sweden, with both Swedish and Ethiopian heritage Hailee Araya comes with a minor key vibrato that echoes traditional Ethiopian music.

The World Needs Riddim (Instrumental Version) is a straight one-drop with lush effects, moody delays and the sound of the melodica punctuating the track.

Listen to select tracks from the World Needs on Soundcloud

World Needs is part of the World Consciousness Unification Project, or World C.U.P., is a way of bringing conscious, positive and uplifting recording artists from all reaches of the earth together in, and in pursuit of unity. In doing this, we think it possible to spread a peaceful and important message to people in all walks of life. The World C.U.P. will bridge the gaps between social classes, races, nations & continents while providing an optimistic approach to bettering our ways of life and our natural habitat. With this project our intention is to bring perspective to a global society in need of a positive outlook.

Available NOW on CD Baby & I-Tunes
Re: World Needs Riddim - Sick Donkey Records
October 29, 2012 06:29PM
Big Riddim!
Re: World Needs Riddim - Sick Donkey Records
October 29, 2012 07:01PM
thumbs up

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login