OT: Vote. Please vote...
October 26, 2012 04:13PM
I know many here think that voting is a waste of time. For those for who choose not to participate in the country's political process, thank you for your attention - you can go back to what you were doing.

For those who are engaged and who will vote AND who are thinking about voting for Mitt Robme, consider this -- what do you really know about his positions? Of course we all know that Mitt favors the 1% over the 99%:

-- thinks that 47% of our citizens are moochers and that he doesn't care about them
-- promises tax cuts and credits totaling $8 Trillion dollars to be paid for by closing loopholes and eliminating deductions (i.e. no tax increases, Mr. Norquist!), without specifying what loopholes and deductions entitlements will be eliminated (mortgage deductions and child-care deductions have to be at the top of that list)

Mitt has been running, some would say desperately running, for President since 2006. He will say anything to improve his chances of election, and he has told so many lies that he rivals Tommy Flanagan in his pathology.

Here are just a few of Mitt's flip-flops:

Flip - "The Arizona immigration policy is a good model" – Mitt Romney.

Flop - "I didn't really support the Arizona immigration policy" – Mitt Romney.

Flip - “The Massachusetts healthcare plan should be a model for the nation” – Mitt Romney.

Flop - “Healthcare reform should be left to the states” – Mitt Romney.

Flip - "Let Detroit go bankrupt" -Mitt Romney.

Flop - "I'll take a lot of credit for saving the auto industry" -Mitt Romney.

Flip - “I believe Roe v Wade has gone too far.” – Mitt Romney.

Flop - “Roe v Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it.”– Mitt Romney.

Flip - “I respect and will protect a woman’s right to choose.” – Mitt Romney.

Flop - “I never really called myself pro-choice.” – Mitt Romney.

Flip - “It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam.” – Mitt Romney.

Flop - “I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and represent our country there.” – Mitt Romney.

Flip - “I’m not trying to return to Reagan-Bush.” – Mitt Romney.

Flop - “Ronald Reagan is… my hero.” – Mitt Romney.

Flip - “I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation.” – Mitt Romney.

Flop - "There’s no question raising the minimum wage excessively causes a loss of jobs.”– Mitt Romney.

Flip - “I saw my father march with Martin Luther King.” – Mitt Romney.

Flop - “I did not see it with my own eyes.” – Mitt Romney.

Flip - “I would like to have campaign spending limits.” – Mitt Romney.

Flop - “The American people should be free to advocate for their candidates without burdensome limitations.” – Mitt Romney.

Flip - “I supported the assault weapon ban.” – Mitt Romney

Flop - "I don’t support any gun control legislation.” – Mitt Romney.

Flip - “The stimulus that was passed in early 2009 will accelerate the recovery…” –Mitt Romney.

Flop - “The stimulus passed in early 2009 has been a failure.” – Mitt Romney
Re: OT: Vote. Please vote...
October 26, 2012 04:22PM
October 26, 2012 04:52PM
And if you think your vote doesn't really matter in presidential elections, then here are some more 'local' issues for you to consider casting your vote for....

Proposition 30 ~ More $$$ for schools

Proposition 34 ~ Repeal the death penalty (I'm pro life on this one)

Proposition 37 ~ Requires genetically engineered foods to be so labeled

San Francisco Proposition G ~ Corporations are NOT people
October 26, 2012 05:30PM
I am worried that Obama is going to lose this race. Just a bad gut feeling. Hope i am wrong. Obama 2012
October 26, 2012 05:54PM
The energy from 2008 is missing. I too worry about having another republican't president to further erode our social services, environment and human rights.
October 27, 2012 11:03PM
Daniel
And if you think your vote doesn't really matter in presidential elections, then here are some more 'local' issues for you to consider casting your vote for....

San Francisco Proposition G ~ Corporations are NOT people
thumbs up
We need a state wide initiative that accomplishes this, if not a us constitutional amendment

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 11:04PM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login