"I just look illegal"
October 31, 2012 07:39PM
big statement in this ya time!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: "I just look illegal"
October 31, 2012 08:15PM
My son told me about that shirt....you gotta love it. And Romo.

Love that reggae!
October 31, 2012 10:33PM
big up to all ones reperesenting herbs & culture in all form & fashion* while showing that the levels can exceed the best of convention

November 01, 2012 01:17PM
Here's his tshirt from the 2010 parade...
November 01, 2012 01:23PM
Haha - that first pic is awesome, wish I had been there!

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
November 01, 2012 02:42PM
I'm sure the more traditional, conservative Mexican immigrants would probably disagree....
November 01, 2012 03:07PM
Oh, now I get it... it's the same guy!
November 01, 2012 06:14PM
Before the 2010 season, the first year the SF Giants won the Series, Lincecum was stopped in Washington and cited for about 3.5 grams of cannabis and a pipe. T-shirts such as this one proliferated in the bay area. The last line refers to a faux pas he blurted out in a state of enthusiasm while being interviewed after the '10 World Series victory. His words were broadcast over worldwide TV and echoed throughout the packed stadium.

November 01, 2012 08:25PM
this one going out to all the neo-conserative mexicans that endorse racial profiling and discriminatory stereotypes. why dont he just crop his hair and look like all the legal illegals out mowing lawns and nannying in palo alto?

'...while showing that the levels can exceed the best of convention'
November 02, 2012 07:24AM
while I overstand the conformists.....mercy upon their souls
I love my Giants b/c they break with convention
I have never had positive comments publicly for my beard until post season 2010
when kids would roll down the window in their parents car and yell at me FEAR THE BEARD!!!!!
and then of course Timmy and Romo........I also love Pence the preacher
Its a diverse team, not alot of blacks except Arias and Peguero who are hispanic of course
but the mixed team of whites and hispanics is inspiring and exciting to say the least
VIVA LA RAZA!!!!!!!!!
GO GIANTS 2013!!!!!!!
November 02, 2012 07:26AM
hey @#$%& Obama administration and whoever else try to deport my peoples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 02, 2012 10:06AM
I posted on Facebook about the lack of props Romo got for closing out four games successfully. What a bad ass.
November 02, 2012 10:32AM
November 03, 2012 08:03AM
LOL!!!!!! When I was at the parade I thought it was Irie Dole for a minute.
November 03, 2012 09:07AM
ja that purple fanny pack is kickin
November 04, 2012 08:04AM

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
November 04, 2012 08:05AM
J_72
I'm sure the more traditional, conservative Mexican immigrants would probably disagree....
Mexicans are a very diverse group of People.
I would have to disagree with you on this statement....

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2012 08:06AM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
November 04, 2012 11:01AM
Does this diversity leave out the more conservative, traditional immigrants? Because that's who I was referring to.

Original RuffNeck Sol Jah
J_72
Mexicans are a very diverse group of People.
I would have to disagree with you on this statement....
November 04, 2012 12:30PM
LOL
There are plenty of "Latino" boardies on this forum, myself included
I find it unnecessary for YOU to dictate what is and isn't "traditional"

Cesar Chavez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2012 12:31PM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
November 04, 2012 03:36PM
I know you're Hispanic. I'm not dictating anything, simply having a discussion. My definition of traditional conservative Catholic Mexican immigrants would be the parents of students I have, working on ranches, wearing cowboy hats, boots, clean cut etc. To me, Romo looks more Mexican American than Mexican, I.e. beard, clothes, tattooes....

Peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2012 03:44PM by J_72.
November 04, 2012 08:59PM
if you cant see the inherent blodclot racism and profile in this last statement you an eye checkup, best hit the edit button once more.

J_72
I know you're Hispanic. I'm not dictating anything, simply having a discussion. My definition of traditional conservative Catholic Mexican immigrants would be the parents of students I have, working on ranches, wearing cowboy hats, boots, clean cut etc. To me, Romo looks more Mexican American than Mexican, I.e. beard, clothes, tattooes....

Peace
November 05, 2012 03:47AM
Careful, I know some Rastas that would call you a culture vulture for using Jamaican slang, having dreadlocks, being a white Rasta....

My point is about Americanization of immigrants. I.e. culture, not race. My second generation students are much more Americanized and dressing in American fashion than their first generation parents. These same parents discourage beards, tattooes, etc.

Maybe it's a generational thing. I was not the typical white guy my dad wanted me to be....

blazeiyah
if you cant see the inherent blodclot racism and profile in this last statement you an eye checkup, best hit the edit button once more.

J_72

Peace
November 05, 2012 05:08AM
J_72
Careful, I know some Rastas that would call you a culture vulture for using Jamaican slang, having dreadlocks, being a white Rasta....

My point is about Americanization of immigrants. I.e. culture, not race. My second generation students are much more Americanized and dressing in American fashion than their first generation parents. These same parents discourage beards, tattooes, etc.

Maybe it's a generational thing. I was not the typical white guy my dad wanted me to be....

blazeiyah

J_72

Peace

Wow....you just cant stand to be wrong can you. Someone tells you you are over the line with a comment and you call him a culture vulture. I would be worried to have someone like you teaching my children.
November 05, 2012 05:54AM
I apologize if my posts are being misunderstood. My intent in mentioning culture vultures was in response to being told my post was racist, i.e. while you point your fingers. If you notice, I said "some Rastas" not me.

My whole point in this thread is I don't agree with his shirt- he doesn't "look" like an "illegal" immigrant, but a guy that grew up in Cali. Romo kicks ass at pitching, and I love his personality, his race, his great pitching, and his smile.

Have a good day every one.
November 05, 2012 06:07AM
J_72
I apologize if my posts are being misunderstood. My intent in mentioning culture vultures was in response to being told my post was racist, i.e. while you point your fingers. If you notice, I said "some Rastas" not me.

My whole point in this thread is I don't agree with his shirt- he doesn't "look" like an "illegal" immigrant, but a guy that grew up in Cali. Romo kicks ass at pitching, and I love his personality, his race, his great pitching, and his smile.

Have a good day every one.

Question for you. How many "illegal immigrants" do you come into contact on a daily basis? You stated that your opinion comes from experience with your second generation immigrant students. As a building contractor contractor in the Bay area and my experience with younger first generation immigrant laborers, it seems to me that american culture has bleed over many borders and its not fair or safe to make assumptions on nationality due to apperance in clothing and style. Many of my friends and employees came across the river in a pair of air jordans and sean john jeans. While some have come across in wranglers, boots and cowboy hats. I totaly understand the root of your statement and dont believe for a minute your a racist. I do feel you have let minimal exposure shape your view. What might have been true yesterday isnt so factual today.
November 05, 2012 06:19AM
Twenty-three years in the restaurant business in Fresno, CA and growing up there (born and raised) has given me plenty of "exposure", or should I say friendships and otherwise. I now live in Willits, which has a substantial Mexican immigrant population for a town so small and north, but nothing like Fresno.
November 05, 2012 06:28AM
J stop acting like a ninny and arguing with anyone and everyone on this site b/c your feelings were hurt by some militant rastas at some point or some one told you white boys didn't belong and to go home.....
get over your bad experience and stop trying to argue anything and everything b/c of your desire to argue
go join a debate team......for an overworked teacher you sure got alot of time and energy to get on here and contradict folks
November 05, 2012 07:32AM
east bay herbalist

Question for you. How many "illegal immigrants" do you come into contact on a daily basis? You stated that your opinion comes from experience with your second generation immigrant students. As a building contractor contractor in the Bay area and my experience with younger first generation immigrant laborers, it seems to me that american culture has bleed over many borders and its not fair or safe to make assumptions on nationality due to apperance in clothing and style. Many of my friends and employees came across the river in a pair of air jordans and sean john jeans. While some have come across in wranglers, boots and cowboy hats. I totaly understand the root of your statement and dont believe for a minute your a racist. I do feel you have let minimal exposure shape your view. What might have been true yesterday isnt so factual today.

Furthermore, facial hair has a longstanding tradition in Mexican culture.
Emilio Zapata comes to mind.
Mexico is a HUGE nation.
So, yes, I'd have to say growing up in Fresno is limited exposure to Mexican culture.

Cesar Chavez
November 05, 2012 07:44AM

I suggest you either travel a bit, study Mexican culture, or develop a more personal relationship with Mexicanos living in Cali, rather than being so presumptuous, J....

Cesar Chavez
November 05, 2012 08:24AM

Mexico is a HUGE nation. So, yes, I'd have to say growing up in Fresno is limited exposure to Mexican culture.

That may be true, but it sure seems like an excellent place to get exposure to the Mexican immigrant culture.....
November 05, 2012 08:28AM
And so is Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, albuquerque, El Paso, etc, etc, etc.
To have ONLY been exposed to one or two of those cities, would be, by definition LIMITED exposure....
As diverse as Mexico is, Mexican immigrant Culture in amerikkka must be at least somewhat diverse as well.

Cesar Chavez
November 05, 2012 08:39AM
November 05, 2012 11:14AM
Amazing how many assumptions are being made about me, by people who do not know me or my past. Oh well. And Fresno is limited in Hispanic culture?! Really?! How about LA? My mom lived there before she passed on, and I have spent plenty of time down there as well. Or is LA limited too? What lengths will you go to to discredit me?
November 05, 2012 11:57AM
o geez guys, if a gay hispanic jewish rapper starts playing groundation covers while opening for Midnite and praising Capleton you guys are going to start WW3
BZM
November 05, 2012 12:13PM
^ hahaha
November 05, 2012 12:23PM
papajoshua
o geez guys, if a gay hispanic jewish rapper starts playing groundation covers while opening for Midnite and praising Capleton you guys are going to start WW3

Hilarious!
November 05, 2012 02:52PM
papajoshua

lol...thanks for humor break PJ.
November 05, 2012 04:19PM
papajoshua

If he/she is a giants fan, most in this thread won't have issues with him/her

Cesar Chavez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2012 04:21PM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
November 05, 2012 04:30PM
What about a Red Sox fan?
November 05, 2012 04:36PM
....as long as it isn't a patriots fan

Cesar Chavez
November 05, 2012 04:46PM
Word.....
November 05, 2012 05:07PM

As a Steelers fan, I wholeheartedly concur.
November 05, 2012 06:46PM
papajoshua

If he/she is a giants fan, most in this thread won't have issues with him/her

but isn't bandwagonism one of the snwmf 10 sins.
November 05, 2012 07:42PM
papajoshua

but isn't bandwagonism one of the snwmf 10 sins.

The giants seem to be an exception to the rule.
I was always about the athletics myself, WHEN I did follow baseball that is....

Cesar Chavez
November 06, 2012 06:11AM
one word for all the students.........SOLIDARITY!!!!!

November 06, 2012 02:04PM
Stirkkly, you and I don't get along all that often, but I wholeheartedly agree.

strikkly
one word for all the students.........SOLIDARITY!!!!!

December 05, 2012 10:47PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login