Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marijuana legalized in Colorado and Wash.

Posted by strikkly 
Marijuana legalized in Colorado and Wash.
November 07, 2012 05:07AM
Re: Marijuana legalized in Colorado and Wash.
November 07, 2012 07:21AM
But not Oregon???? Dissapointing. My county Deschutes coutny voted NO 57%. I have some work to do around Bend, OR. Really lame.
November 07, 2012 08:20AM
the paperwork was "not in order". it is like feeding a newborn. You have to make it look like it is something they want to eat in order for it to make down the hatch. This "bite" just went all over the left cheek. Deschutes voted no because there are only 7 people there and 5 of them are over 80...burn...
November 07, 2012 11:33AM
The day after....

November 07, 2012 12:04PM
Ninja, there are a lot of good people here in Bend, OR. Not all of us are over 80. Not all of us are rich and retired and republicans.
November 07, 2012 12:21PM
wow that is crazy...for a minute there I thought you said there were 80 people in Bend, I was going to say next you will tell me they have roads and public schools
November 07, 2012 12:40PM
Do you have a problem with Bend, OR Ninja? Or am I not picking up on some humor? There are 80,000 people in Bend, OR. A lot retired and older but we have great schools and overall I love living in Bend, OR. I have to commute quite a bit for reggae shows but dont mind that one bit. But you have to admit it is beautiful here and that is why I enjoy living here. Im over the rat race of big cities. Not my style.
November 07, 2012 01:21PM
I am kidding my friend
November 07, 2012 01:44PM
Thats what I figured Ninja! I sometimes take things way to seriously. HAHA a character flaw I guess. You are in Portland right?? Did you make it to I-Taweh last friday night or Groundation the weekend before?
November 07, 2012 01:46PM
I have not looked at these close enough, but they could be bad. The one Cali had a couple years back would have set medical marijuana back 10-15 years. The last thing we need is the corporitization of the ganja industry. Trust I.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
November 07, 2012 02:01PM
OREGON...W***T**F***!!!!!! HAPPENED??
November 07, 2012 02:55PM
DJ Treez
I have not looked at these close enough, but they could be bad. The one Cali had a couple years back would have set medical marijuana back 10-15 years. The last thing we need is the corporitization of the ganja industry. Trust I.

Or people could partake and not be criminals. As a plus growers would pay taxes like the rest of us. Micro beer and wineries seem to be doing fine despite Budweiser and Coors.
BZM
November 07, 2012 03:06PM
Seen... plenty of cool hippies out there like Ninkasi and Sierra Nevada that have successful microbreweries that make quality products, even breweries like HUB who specialize in organic ingredient-laden beers. Considering cannabis is essentially pure produce, the likelihood of "organic" and "pesticide/herbicide free" etc will be big selling points to differentiate different brands (much like how there is, say, Marlboro vs. American Spirit) is actually very good! I would never buy pre-rolled joints though, EVER... look at the Fire Safe Cigarettes fiasco, using humans as guinea pigs for inhaling disgusting fumes of things like Ethyl Vinyl Acetate (carpet glue) and other nastiness. Doesn't even help stop fires, the cherry falls out like nothing. Always roll your own (I'm not a tobacco smoker, but if I was, I'd roll my own!).
November 07, 2012 03:07PM
"micro beer and wineries seem to be doing fine despite Bud and Coors" Good point. I know the owners of breweries in Bend and Wineries from Napa county and they are more than doing fine. There is enough people who use and support marijuana that it can be taxed and help stimulate the economy.
November 07, 2012 03:23PM
good point J 72...there is too much money in marijuana for states not to legalize it.
November 07, 2012 03:51PM
Only liscenced dispenseries can sell and on the Cali prop, it was the responsibility of the user to prove where it was purchased. Meaning that if you did not have a receipt from a liscenced distributor, you would not be legal. The "liscencing" process scares the hell out me. Ultra regulation. And keep in mind that federal law enforcement does not acknowledge state laws, exposing "liscenced" distributors to great liability. Currently it is legal to grow a reasonable amount at home if you have a script and my guess is that this is not part of these new props, you would need to be liscenced. But I have not read or researched them so this is just assumption.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
November 07, 2012 04:16PM
Ok, can someone please clarify... In Cali I thought Arnold passed a law that made it legal for ANYONE to carry up to 1 oz. of weed, regardless of a prescription or not. What happened to that?
November 07, 2012 04:23PM
Don't be fooled by marketing. American Spirit is owned by Reynolds American, the same company that makes Camels, Pall Malls, Winstons and more. As far as the success/challenges of microbreweries , this is an interesting watch
Beer Wars
November 07, 2012 04:38PM
@ Reggabe
Arnold made it a minor infraction which makes the consequence a ticket with a $100 fine. It was an attempt by Arnold to derail the passage of prop 19 with one of the arguments in favor being there were too many people being locked up for such a minor thing.
November 07, 2012 04:46PM
The difference is "legalization" vs. "non-criminalization". Less than an ounce is decriminalized in Cali, but pot will soon be legal in WA and CO.

November 07, 2012 06:55PM
Actually, I'm curious to see how this shakes out... It's literally the same thing as the Boston Tea party... The states thumbing their nose at the Feds... On the Fed level marijuana is beyond redemption and illegal to grow, possess or distribute.. The individual states have very little to do with Federal regulations. It'll be the Supreme Coirt that unties this mess, and personally I am curious to see how it shakes out... Meanwhile I personally am a scofflaw and will do as I please.
November 07, 2012 07:40PM
In my feeble mind i have hope that with no more elections hanging over him, Obama will be more humane to the ganja. Meanwhile i scoff at as many laws as i choose.

Love that reggae!
November 07, 2012 08:06PM
Thank you Seattle, and the rest of my home state. I'm very happy with this outcome simply based on the principle alone. We will all have to wait and see exactly how it plays out. Once again, big up the people of Washington!!
AJ
November 08, 2012 05:36AM
J_72
The day after....

Nice one Jeff!
November 08, 2012 08:26AM
From what I understand the Oregon law would have allowed me to grow big ass treez in my back yard. How does the government get their cut? Thus law goes down.
November 08, 2012 12:49PM
DJ Treez
Only liscenced dispenseries can sell and on the Cali prop, it was the responsibility of the user to prove where it was purchased. Meaning that if you did not have a receipt from a liscenced distributor, you would not be legal.

Actually Prop 19 left the rules regarding distribution/cultivation/possession up to the individual counties, there wasn't any set regulations.

Seattle pic is hilarious Jeff!

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
December 06, 2012 02:22AM
Officers will be advising people to take their weed inside, police spokesman Jonah Spangenthal-Lee wrote on the SPD Blotter. "The police department believes that, under state law, you may responsibly get baked, order some pizzas and enjoy a 'Lord of the Rings' marathon in the privacy of your own home, if you want to."
December 06, 2012 06:38AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login