Luciano Oakland
November 09, 2012 09:42PM
Re: Luciano Oakland
November 09, 2012 09:59PM
yes i going to be a epic show tonight
November 09, 2012 10:32PM
bummer i am going to miss this one....it will be epic! i gotta come hang with you soon bruddah!

Love that reggae!
November 10, 2012 01:41AM
Wonder when the messenjah will touch the stage
November 10, 2012 02:12AM
Which one? lol smiling smiley wondering bout di timing as well, already had a late night at Chezi last night, guess I got to drink some mate!
November 10, 2012 02:18AM
Haile Bless
Which one? lol smiling smiley wondering bout di timing as well, already had a late night at Chezi last night, guess I got to drink some mate!

Ehh i didnt even notice Selah was added. Bonus.
November 10, 2012 02:22AM
Totally forgot about this show. Was about to head out of town for some work tonight...looks like I wont be leaving until the morning now. Between the messenjahs and junior toots I cant miss this.
November 10, 2012 02:49AM
But why oh why did they have to "update" the flyer with Obama?
November 11, 2012 02:14PM
I deeply resent putting the American president on the flyer next to Jah Messenjah Luciano, a powerful and uplifting spiritual singer from the modest island of Jamaica whose accomplishments come in the form of songs and albums and collaborations.
On the other hand the American head of state Mr. Obama is absolutely guilty of...
trampling the Constitution of the United States by...
detaining enemy combatants indefinitely,
diverting funds authorized for fighting terrorism to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq,
using predator drones against persons never formally charged with a crime.
continuing a military-industrial complex and the corporate state under which the govt. has been operating for more than half a century.
What is ignored by every politician are the many national security threats on America soil that, because they don’t stem from foreign terrorists, are ignored by the government. Thousands of Americans die each year due to workplace accidents, preventable pollution, car accidents, etc.
The 300,000 Americans who die from preventable causes should reside under the definition of national security, but they aren’t the priority of any major party.

At one time people railed on Luciano for harboring a fugitive....the same low dim wits are silent on Obama.
November 11, 2012 05:03PM
So did you vote for Romney, Strikkly? Because as far as i saw, we had to choose between the candidates that were on the ballot. It's not a referendum on Obama, its a choice between two candidates, or more if you consider the others on the ballot. Those bad things you describe, i agree, but Romney comes with another dozen or more. Obama's win is a reason to celebrate, and apparently the promoters of this show felt the same way.

Love that reggae!
November 11, 2012 06:29PM

On the other hand the American head of state Mr. Obama is absolutely guilty of...
trampling the Constitution of the United States by...
detaining enemy combatants indefinitely,
diverting funds authorized for fighting terrorism to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq,
using predator drones against persons never formally charged with a crime.
continuing a military-industrial complex and the corporate state under which the govt. has been operating for more than half a century.
What is ignored by every politician are the many national security threats on America soil that, because they don’t stem from foreign terrorists, are ignored by the government. Thousands of Americans die each year due to workplace accidents, preventable pollution, car accidents, etc.
The 300,000 Americans who die from preventable causes should reside under the definition of national security, but they aren’t the priority of any major party.

While I too deplore most of these actions, please show me Strikkly:

1. Where in the constitution it states that enemy combatants can't be detained indefinitely?
2. Evidence of 'funds authorized for fighting terrorism' being diverted to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq?
3. Where in the constitution the prohibition of predator drones against persons never formally charged with a crime exists?
4. Where the constitution prohibits a continued 'military-industrial complex'?

And, for the record, I believe that our government (courtesy of the politicians charged with running it) have taken action against MANY 'national security threats on American soil' both under this administration as well as the previous one....
November 11, 2012 07:36PM
Show reviews??????
November 11, 2012 08:36PM
The show was excellent! Both Messenjah's were in top form! Luciano was inspiring, I had never seen him play in a club before and it was great to see and hear his awesome singing talents up close! He played from 1-3, and I had no idea it was that late at the end.

@Strikkly-- I agree with you completely. While I don't see Obama as evil, he is definitely part of the system and not much will change for the good during his 2nd term, but hopefully I'm wrong...

@Nomo-- why do you assume if someone doesn't vote for Obama they're gonna vote Romney? Last I checked there were multiple candidates on the ballot. This "2 party system" is a fraud, and the sooner the American public realizes this the better the world will be. I am proud to say I didn't vote for Obama either time, I voted Green, although if I lived in Ohio or Florida I probably would have sucked it up and voted Democrat.
November 12, 2012 03:28AM
I truly appreciate Luciano's performances, and what he did for I-Joyce before she passed on, at Maritime Hall- for those who were there- kneeling and praying/singing with her. Regarding President Obama, I think the reality of sitting in the seat of the POTUS is much different than what you, me, or even the candidate could ever imagine it to be.

Peace
November 12, 2012 03:30AM
I agree reggabe, that should not be assumed, i've voted green in the past, peace and freedom also. my point was that you don't get to vote for the exact person you'd like to be president because of ALL of their attitudes, you can only choose from the candidates on the ballot.

my whole life i have never been able to understand spending money on the military. it seems like irresponsible waste. but it goes on year after year and becomes more and more. then you hear the same people who would spend a billion dollars on one bomber decry spending less to help feed the poor, or fund NASA, or fund education. They can always justify money to kill people, never to help.

i've given up thinking i'll ever see a candidate with a chance of winning that feels as i do, yet i have to pick someone for president. the last republican administration picked roberts and alito for the supreme court. obama picked Sotomayor and kagan. i feel strongly enough about these lifetime appointments to easily go with obama.

Love that reggae!
November 12, 2012 02:17PM
I worked extensively for Obama in 2008. I have never been a republican or voted thus. Not putting faith in a two party system.
@Daniel here is Ralph Nader at the Harvard Law School outlining the Constitutional crimes of Bush and Obama.[www.law.harvard.edu]

so indeed we are talking about something systemic...
I just get tired of the absolute naivete of people who are wowed by the idea of Obama and never get around to the substance of his policies.
Like someone said the other day, we need a tea party from the left to pressure the democratic party to put up or shut up in defense of poor and working people.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login