November 15, 2012 02:16PM
Yes Indeed!
Sun. Nov. 18
Reggies
2105 S. State St.
Chicago, IL
Re: Dangerous Society Tour - The Meditations
November 18, 2012 05:29AM
Will you be going? I'd love a review and photos.
November 19, 2012 03:56PM
Incredible weekend of music here in Chicago, starting with legends Pat Kelly on Fri - Stranger Cole on Sat - capped by the Meditations last night. Amazing, heartfelt performances by all. Big up promoter/dj Chuck Wren (Jump Up Records) for the vibes! Support these hard working foundation musicians, people, as there are sadly less and less of them. "More life!" as Stranger would seh...
November 19, 2012 04:34PM
Seconded.

O Mon
Incredible weekend of music here in Chicago, starting with legends Pat Kelly on Fri - Stranger Cole on Sat - capped by the Meditations last night. Amazing, heartfelt performances by all. Big up promoter/dj Chuck Wren (Jump Up Records) for the vibes! Support these hard working foundation musicians, people, as there are sadly less and less of them. "More life!" as Stranger would seh...
November 20, 2012 03:24AM
man... I don't know what to say... The Meditations are playing at a chinese restaurant in my hometown
Ill make sure my parents and some friends go so theres at least a few people in the crowd

Respect Same Way
November 30, 2012 10:23PM
Ansel Meditations wrote:
Tonight we're live @ The Griffin,
1310 Morena Blvd, San Diego, CA...
This will be our only venue in California, we're deeply sorry that the next 2 dates in Cali, won't be possible.
so tonight is our only show in Cali, for now...So San Diego, come out and jam with us tonight
December 01, 2012 02:23AM
I was planning to see the Meditations on Wednesday night in Tempe, AZ. I hope that the show still happens. I really hope that the promoter and/or venue don't indicate that the show will happen and then I drive 30 minutes on a work night only to find out the show isn't happening.
December 01, 2012 02:33AM
EvanCR
Seconded.

O Mon

just saw this posting, but yes totally agree with it being a great weekend
i guess you guys missed out on the pre party at the late bar on thursday night before the shows at the mayne stage
it was a great kickoff featuring music being spun by some of chicago's top reggae and soul dee jays.

big up scotti b and his queen linda from kansas city who were at all four sessions and bleached until the wee morning hours !

cool smileycool smiley
December 01, 2012 04:34AM
Niceup: I would definately suggest you 'call before you haul'. Club Red's web site is showing a different band that night, so I suspect that date may not happen either.....
December 01, 2012 05:50PM
Yes Wellcharge and Evan, what a great weekend.
I even got to go see the Pinstripes do an early show before the Stranger Cole show.
Including the DJ set at The Late Bar, I went to five shows in four days at four different venues, got to see artists I had never seen before and saw wonderful old friends and made new ones.

Then came home and saw the Meditations again.
What a difference a venue can make!! They seemed like a different group in Lawrence, much more vibrant, you could tell they were enjoying themselves that night.

Check some of the photos I posted on face book. Meditations in Lawrence

You can also see some of the photos from the Chicago weekend here Oldies Weekend including shots of Wellcarge on stage!

Scotti
December 02, 2012 03:56AM
Daniel
Niceup: I would definately suggest you 'call before you haul'. Club Red's web site is showing a different band that night, so I suspect that date may not happen either.....

Thanks for the heads up Daniel. I checked the website a couple days ago and the Meditations were still on there. However, they have now been replaced by the LACS, short for Loud Ass Crackers, a self described "hick hop" and southern rock group from GA. What a thing to walk into if you are expecting to see the Meditations! thumbs down
December 03, 2012 12:05AM
I would call because I am now hearing it is back on!

December 03, 2012 04:57AM
Nice...only in the reggae business. I will definitely call the venue and see what they say. I will be there if the show happens and I will do my best to bring a couple folks with me.

As to that 8pm start time that is listed....
December 03, 2012 05:38AM
From Ansel:

Tempe Arizona, we're in your city. Looking forward to our show on Wednesday night @
Club Red, 2155 E. University drive, Tempe, AZ.

Since we'll be in your city for 3 days before Showtime , all sound systems in the area, looking for dub plates , link me
@ anselmeditations@yahoo.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login