Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1 Year Later, Unsolved Reggae Exec Murder

Posted by papa ray 
1 Year Later, Unsolved Reggae Exec Murder
November 18, 2012 10:03AM
Actually, a year and a few months it has been since the murder of VP Exec & heir apparent Phil Chin, execution style, in front of his gates in Kingston.

It was definitely an execution---not a robbery---& an indication of how sipple out deh the runnings can be, even at the very top.

Ain't nobody talking, on an island where there's a million stories & opinions on everything. Innerestin', true??
Re: 1 Year Later, Unsolved Reggae Exec Murder
November 18, 2012 02:10PM
No one is going to talk...what goes around comes around.
November 20, 2012 06:36AM
Mr. Ray it was Joel Chin son of Clive Chin who was murdered. His uncle is VP Records CEO Chris Chin.
Joel was a talent scout who had just recently moved to Jamaica to deal with A&R for VP records.
He must have rubbed some bad people the wrong way.
No one has talked or is talking about that murder.
You would have to ask artists what the runnings with Joel were.
I don't know.
November 20, 2012 10:00AM
same way with Mr Silk sad smiley
November 20, 2012 01:49PM
haha, Phil Chin.. Joel would get a kick out of that.

@ Sister Irie, what is that comment supposed to mean?

Joel was a very cool yute.. never bad up anybody and was very down to earth and well-liked within the reggae community. If somebody murders you, should we say the same?
November 20, 2012 09:16PM
Greetings my comment simply means when you start talking about crime in Jamaica, you set yourself up for something to happen to you. As much as Jamaicans love to su su, they also know when it is in their best interest not to say too much.
November 20, 2012 09:23PM
Sorry to get my Chins mixed up. Yeah, I did mean Joel.

Mr. Joel Chin did seem to be the creative figure in the Chin family doing what would have been called 'artist & repertoire', a role which has gotten folded these days often into the term 'producer'.

A private beef that isn't being aired---but as people say, what goes on in the dark...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login