New Midnite album by Higher Bound Productions
November 27, 2012 06:51PM
Entitled Free Indeed. What do you fellow Midnite fans think of their other albums by Higher Bound? Bless go Roun and Ark A Law.
BZM
Re: New Midnite album by Higher Bound Productions
November 27, 2012 07:16PM
Did not know this was released... I gotta check it out, give thanks!
November 27, 2012 07:22PM
I just love Marcus' artwork....

November 27, 2012 07:37PM
i love the rhythm track for the tune "exodus" off the "bless go roun" CD so much so that i inquired with the producer of the rhythm as to whether or not there are or would be any other cuts on it (the answer was no, unfortunately). big rhythm and music on this tune; oh how i would love an instrumental version of this one, dubbed out or not would be just fine by me.

and this from someone who doesn't really care for midnite's sound.

m.

* [www.shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
November 27, 2012 08:12PM
Dont believe it is released yet BZM. I know that you can preorder copies now at Midnite's website. I am with you Daniel, I love how every Midnite album is unique in its artwork and each album produced by a different producer seems to have its own style. Their is similarities in all the Higher Bound albums covers. Since Midnite has so many wonderful albums, some sit longer that others without getting played. That was the case for me with Bless Go Roun and Ark A Law, but i busted them out last night and really enjoy every song. The ARL releases still are my favorite albums though. Ron is the man!

Mosquito Killer, Who would you like to see cut a track to that exodus tune?? Just curious? Niyorah? Lutan Fyah?
November 27, 2012 08:16PM
Children of Jah Dub will be released this friday! You can buy it from Rastar Records or Ernie Bs reggae this friday! That Children of Jah is a great album. Dub version should be great. I still think my favorite Midnite release this year though is In Awe by Fifth Son.
December 20, 2012 05:14PM
Got an email from Preston stating that the CD release would be pushed back for a bit. But the good news is they are going to include a free poster when they ship the CD! Hard to be patient for new Midnite but I am excited to see what they send for a poster. Anyone heard any songs of this Free Indeed album yet?
December 20, 2012 05:23PM
here are 3 snippets from Free Indeed:

December 21, 2012 03:44PM
Thanks for sharing Daniel! I am really excited for this album. Been a bit since a Higher Bound production. Saw they are playing some shows in St. Croix soon! That would be an amazing experience!
January 07, 2013 11:00PM
YEAH!!!! My girlfriend just called me at work and it has arrived!! WOOOHOOO! New Midnite! Been a very long wait for this CD but well worth it! Of course it comes on a day when I work two jobs. Not off until 11pm tonight. Oh well, I will be home in time to LISTEN to Midnite by midnight! Anyone else got their copy yet??
January 10, 2013 04:19PM
What are people's thoughts on this new album? I really like this album! I love how a lot of the songs continue with the beat after Vaughn is done singing and go into jazzy guitar solo's or keyboard solo's. Really cool! Well done Higher Bound Productions. Track number 4 is my favorite after listening to the album a few times this week.
January 10, 2013 05:24PM
I like this album but am also impressed with a next Higher Bound release - Ancient King's Ethiopie:

jps
January 10, 2013 05:28PM
Daniel, Im assuming that is that same Ancient King that did an album with I Grade years back?

If so, would be very interested to hear this.
January 10, 2013 06:09PM
I saw that on FB that Higher Bound just released that album. I have the album with Ancient King and I grade Conquering sound. Part of the Wind, Earth Fire promotion by I Grade. Something like that anyway.
January 10, 2013 07:24PM
Yes, that's the same Ancient King. He's been hanging out in Grass Valley for some time now though I can't remember if he was there or not for the Haven Underground show you took in last year....
January 10, 2013 07:44PM
Amazing show that day! You told me that Army and Abja was there but I dont remember anything about Ancient King.
January 10, 2013 07:46PM
Whatever happened to the Children of Jah dub release?
January 10, 2013 07:54PM
Really good Q aaron g? I kinda forgot about it.
January 10, 2013 08:01PM
Daniel?
January 10, 2013 08:26PM
I've got no idea as I haven't spoken with Ital since the day Massiah passed last July....
January 14, 2013 06:03PM
Just planned and got the time off of work to catch Midnite in Grass Valley on March 20th, San Francisco March 21st, Tahoe, NV the 22nd and Farifax the 23rd. 4 shows in 4 nights! Then drive home sunday to Oregon to go back to work. Cannot wait will be a blast! Midnite will hopefully be coming to Oregon in early April and i will get to see them some more!
jps
January 15, 2013 01:16AM
Review from Achis......best reviewer out there.

[achisreggae.blogspot.com]
January 15, 2013 03:14PM
Achis is the best by far! I agree JP
January 15, 2013 03:32PM
Great article as always by Ras Achis. As i was reading it I couldnt understand how he was not talking about track 4 Hemp Scrolls. Then at the bottom of the article he brings it up, stating it as the best track on the album and that it has the potential to go down as one of his favorite Midnite songs. I agree, this is a great album and Hemp Scrolls was instantly a classic for me and a song that I listen to 4 or 5 times before I am ready to move to the next track! Ras Achis states that it is 5 albums in a row of high quality but i say it is 46 albums in a row!
January 15, 2013 06:05PM
Hey Rossta, did your cd come with the "free" poster? I was just remembering about getting an e-mail stating that and never recieved it when I finally got Free Indeed. Great album though
January 15, 2013 07:01PM
No, I did not. I also got that email from Preston stating that. The only thing that I thought was maybe the small foldout in the cd case that has the songs listed on it and then the album cover is the poster. Know what I am talking about?
January 15, 2013 08:12PM
I got the foldout inside the CD as well (also with the new Ancient King cd Ethiopie). I'm sure this is what he was talking about when he mentioned a free poster.

Jah Son
January 15, 2013 09:11PM
Thank you Jah Son, Ya I think the foldout is the poster. Which is cool, I hate that CD cases are so low quality now. None are made with plastic it seems like (probably a good thing) but the cardboard cases dont last long and dont come with foldouts that have details inside about the album. I still buy hard copies of my music, i like to have the CD and case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2013 09:34PM by rossta8888.
January 17, 2013 06:51AM
Free Indeed is good indeed...

I am liking the new Ancient King... yeah

and Ima's Ah We Deh Ya...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
February 17, 2013 03:26PM
kinda be nice the get the Ancient King dubs that i paid him in person for 2 and a half years ago..........
February 20, 2013 07:50PM
I just got "In Awe" a few weeks ago. I kind of wish they would be less digital and more Roots in their production like the days of Seek Knowledge, Jubilees of Zion, Scheme of Things, Anishant Maps and their greatest Unpolished. Those rootically vibes hypnotized me since the first time I saw them in Angels Camp/Frog Town in 03. I The last vibe I bought from Midnite was Jah Grid with the hypnotic "Enter" "Open Jah door and Enter". Can anyone out there recommend any of their latest records that hit hard as these previous recordings?
February 20, 2013 08:02PM
You might like Anthology. Not a compilation, but has a very dreamy feel to it. I don't have "What Makes a King", but like what I've heard from it and want to obtain a copy someday.

Personally. I like almost anything Midnite puts out, even their experimental stuff, but the ones I mentioned above are more rootical and produced from the actual Midnite camp, not a collaboration with other producers like In Awe, Sons of Atom (also good), Free Indeed, etc.

Bless.
February 20, 2013 08:42PM
Yea, Cultureman, Reggabe hit it on the head. You want to check out their African Roots Lab albums. Seek Knowledge and Jubileez of Zion were ARL productions. Unpolished is my favorite album of theirs. Scheme of things was my first ever Midnite album. I would recomend these albums. Anthology, What Makes a King, Nemozian Rasta and Kings Bell. Assini might be one you would like as well. They all have a rootsier sound IMO. . Also be on the lookout for Lion out of Zion, a new ARL release to soon come.

MIDNITE!
February 22, 2013 06:35PM
Oh yeah, how could I forget Assini? Definitely a classic!
March 08, 2013 05:24PM
Children Of Jah Dub album will be available for download and sale from March 26th 2013.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login