jps
Reemah- Check Your Words
November 29, 2012 04:42AM
Anyone else picked this album up yet? I was familiar with her from the Break The Soil album and some of the singles that were out, but didn't know until the other day that there was a full album out. Been listening to it straight through the last few days, don't think there is a weak track on the album. Some familiar riddims on the album too.

Really looking forward to seeing her in a few months at Love City. I'm curious as to what band will be backing her.
Re: Reemah- Check Your Words
November 29, 2012 05:21AM
Saw her at Reggae on the River backed by Bambu Station. She was great....

Love that reggae!
November 30, 2012 10:11AM
Is it Reemahs album produced by I Grade? I have heard big things about her. I like your recomendations of Toussaint Black Gold and Ras Iba. That Toussaint album is a classic for sure. He has that souful voice.
November 30, 2012 10:37AM
No, Check Your Words is a (great) Feeline Records production.

Here's a vid that has snippets of the tunes on that album....

jps
November 30, 2012 10:50AM
A few of the tracks are I Grade productions (Zion I Kings i guess). You will recognize them.

Thanks for the vids nomo, I was actually watching those the other day.
November 30, 2012 01:35PM
Thank you JPS and Daniel. I appreciate both of you and your input on helping me discover more VI reggae other than just Midnite.
jps
December 07, 2012 04:48AM
No problem rossta....there's tons of music out there and no way to discover it all without the help of others.

Here's a link to a really nice review of the album Achis just put up. Always enjoy his reviews.

[achisreggae.blogspot.com]
December 11, 2012 08:24AM
I agree! Ras Achis is great! Whats funny JPS is that my lady loves that Toussaint Black N Gold album, LOL. I know that its Kristy's fav. Must be that soothing voice he has. I cannot wait for Free Indeed to come out! Also saw that Midnite is back in the Northwest for a show March 21st in San Francisco at the Independance! YEEEEAAAH! That is a drive I will be making! They must be coming to OR in april im guessing! They always seem to come around for my Bday 4/19. Last year I got to see them 4 nights in a row 4/18-4/21 that is the best Bday present anyone could ask for!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login