Mellow Mood Worries

Posted by aquaponics 
Mellow Mood Worries
December 04, 2012 04:48PM
[news.msn.com]

NJ students sickened from Marley brand drink
Re: Mellow Mood Worries
December 04, 2012 05:02PM
I was given one of these drinks at the Stephen Marley show at the Filmore but once I read the ingredients I didn't drink it. I'm sure it's not nearly as bad for you as a redbull or rockstar drink though.
December 05, 2012 12:34PM
Sad that the Marley name is on something like an energy drink. Energy drinks are horrible for you. Pure Poison.
December 05, 2012 12:58PM
rossta8888
Sad that the Marley name is on something like an energy drink. Energy drinks are horrible for you. Pure Poison.

Yes sad that Marleys name is on a commodity. As far as energy drinks go, these drinks are just herbs tea and of course sugar. No different than alot of the stuff in a natural foods juice/beverage isle.
December 05, 2012 01:02PM
Yeah, I agree with you papajoshua. I saw these mellow moods here in Bend, OR at a little store called Nature's. Very nice place to get your farm raised local veggies but they also have a drink isle full of drinks that are "healthy" but full of sugar. I guess people are just dont understand that sugar is pretty much a drug and part of the problem that causes obesity in the USA.
December 06, 2012 05:06AM
These ain't energy drinks folks, they are just the opposite and contain herbs (chamomile etc.) and melatonin to make you relaxed and sleepy. I call em' Dead Bulls. - down half of one and I'm dozing off within the hour. I drink one very rarely when I just can't get to sleep and have no "alternatives". I asked the rep what the ITAL on the side of the bottle meant and the rep-dude seriously said it was the Jamaican equivalent of the FDA. What a bad joke. Melatonin is a hormone, and there are some concerns about its effects on kids and teens that have not yet physically matured. Parents - I wouldn't give these to the kiddies to calm 'em down.
December 06, 2012 05:19AM
rossta8888
Yeah, I agree with you papajoshua. I saw these mellow moods here in Bend, OR at a little store called Nature's. Very nice place to get your farm raised local veggies but they also have a drink isle full of drinks that are "healthy" but full of sugar. I guess people are just dont understand that sugar is pretty much a drug and part of the problem that causes obesity in the USA.
Sugar isnt so much the problem as is laziness and the fact that kids dont go outside and play anymore. They sit inside drink sodas, eat sweets and play computer games all day and night. People love to blame the substance and take no part of responsibility in their use of said substances. Everything in moderation right?
December 06, 2012 06:31AM
east bay herbalist
rossta8888
Sugar isnt so much the problem as is laziness and the fact that kids dont go outside and play anymore. They sit inside drink sodas, eat sweets and play computer games all day and night. People love to blame the substance and take no part of responsibility in their use of said substances. Everything in moderation right?

Ya much agreed. Not to mention the consumption of several sugary beverages every day. I hear so many people (doctors/dentist/pediatricians) say natural juice is a big problem. Unbelievable IMO a natural God given energy drink made with juice is a problem. As with everything Americans over consume and under exercise.
December 06, 2012 07:52AM
I agree with you guys to a point but still feel that the average person has way to much sugar in their diet exercise or not. I am now 5 days without sugar and feel like I have been detoxing. I have had headaches, been grumpy and irritable. All I cut out of my diet was eating things contaning high fructose corn syrup. I still am getting natural sugars thru veggies and fruit, even carbohydrates. A lot of what we eat though turns into sugar. I also exercise daily, riding 20 miles on a bike and running 3 miles a day. All I can say is that i feel better cutting sugar out of my diet and exercising.
December 06, 2012 08:28AM
rossta8888
I agree with you guys to a point but still feel that the average person has way to much sugar in their diet exercise or not. I am now 5 days without sugar and feel like I have been detoxing. I have had headaches, been grumpy and irritable. All I cut out of my diet was eating things contaning high fructose corn syrup. I still am getting natural sugars thru veggies and fruit, even carbohydrates. A lot of what we eat though turns into sugar. I also exercise daily, riding 20 miles on a bike and running 3 miles a day. All I can say is that i feel better cutting sugar out of my diet and exercising.

Sounds great. I would never advocate people consuming HFCS. That @#$%& is animal feed. To call it sugar imo is insulting to the sugarcane plant.
December 06, 2012 11:16AM
papajoshua
rossta8888

Sounds great. I would never advocate people consuming HFCS. That @#$%& is animal feed. To call it sugar imo is insulting to the sugarcane plant.

The problem may be worse than that folks.... ANYTHING with HFCS would be getting slapped with GMO label had Prop 37 passed... Seriously (probably all) HFCS is made from genetically modified corn. Its a wrap for us.
December 06, 2012 11:48AM
GMO is a big deal IMO. Poeple need to know what is being put in their body. Corn i know is the most used GMO product out there i read.
December 06, 2012 12:10PM
The problem may be worse than that folks.... ANYTHING with HFCS would be getting slapped with GMO label had Prop 37 passed... Seriously (probably all) HFCS is made from genetically modified corn. Its a wrap for us.[/quote]

dont panic by organic...longtime rasta told ya
December 06, 2012 12:19PM
"dont panic buy organic" I like that!! thumbs up
December 06, 2012 12:52PM
rossta8888
"dont panic buy organic" I like that!! thumbs up

Ya everyone freeeeeking out over GMO labeling. Well there already is a way to tell its called USDA Organic. I dont overstand why someone would want to eat NONGMO corn with GMO pesticides and GMO growth hormone laden fertilizers dumped on it.
December 06, 2012 02:22PM
papajoshua
The problem may be worse than that folks.... ANYTHING with HFCS would be getting slapped with GMO label had Prop 37 passed... Seriously (probably all) HFCS is made from genetically modified corn. Its a wrap for us.

dont panic by organic...longtime rasta told ya[/quote]

Yes I rasta! Wise words indeed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login