Hey bro, you got any dubstep?
December 13, 2012 03:04PM
*points to sign*

Re: Hey bro, you got any dubstep?
December 13, 2012 04:50PM
Nice1!
December 16, 2012 11:09AM
My man Chim----hope all's level and proper for you & yours.

Speaking of dubstep----did you by chance check the latest set by old school vocalist Bobby Womack? It was produced by the Gorillaz's gents, & it spoke pretty deeply to me----'The Greatest Man In The Universe'. Ain't gonna warm the cockles of his old-school soul fans, but this sounds to me like something to be praised 5 years from now & onward, with the intro 'Overlooked by many when released....'

'The greatest man in the universe/is the one who forgives first'...so the music heals again, yes?
December 21, 2012 05:11AM
Over in the US it seems to be all the chainsaw cutting through Ipods noise stuff,

Check out some of the UK deep bass vibez:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 05:12AM by FLEXIMIX.
December 21, 2012 04:00PM
Fleximix,

I caught Mala last time he was in NY, super heavy roots, this is one of my personal favorites of the bass music genre:

video: [www.youtube.com]
December 22, 2012 04:04AM
Definitely - Mala is attuned to the roots vibe, everytime I've seen him he 'signs on' with something cosmic or rootsy.. last time it was vintage Burning Spear... he also dropped 'Babylon Fall' in the set... anthem!

Here's one that the US kids might like who are more into the buzzsaw mid-bass sound

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2012 04:06AM by FLEXIMIX.
December 22, 2012 05:39AM
It was Mala's partner in Digital Mystikz , Coki, who kicked off the buzz-saw bass craze with 2007's Spongebob:

I saw Mala / Digital Mystikz devastate a massive crowd at the huge Dour (indie rock) fest in Belgium once...

When it comes to the weeb weeb woob woob video game soundtrack on alien steroids sound the teenagers love & some guys from LA got huge doing, for me it stands to reason as a quite likely possibility - the vibe was started by BC artist Excision, who made his name doing sets at the Shambhala Festival in Nelson BC (Canada's 'Humboldt County') & giving them away for free on the 'net....millions of downloads! His output & sound pre date sK***x et all...

But .....the original 'dubstep' tune is Bristol's Toasty 'The Knowledge' from 2004.... tuff tune...

December 22, 2012 12:09PM
Just happened to hear this one - 'Dub MIssile'

Liquid Stranger - Arizona via Sweden

January 03, 2013 06:50AM
This one's a smasher

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login