Frankie Paul
Leroy Sibbles
Yami Bolo
Prince Alla
Earl Zero
Little John
& More!

Lineup subject to change

Tribute to the Reggae Legends Festival formerly known as Bob Marley Day has been an annual event in San Diego for 30 years now and has spread from Ensenada to San Francisco and beyond. The San Diego Tribute to the Reggae Legends Festival/Bob Marley Day always features the biggest and brightest stars from Jamaica, Europe, and Africa. Steel Pulse, Third World, Bunny Wailer, Peter Tosh, Black Uhuru, Lucky Dube, Alpha Blondy, Yellowman, and Shaggy are just some of the artists who have perfomed for Makeda’s tribute to Brother Bob Marley.

BUY TICKETS HERE

REGGAE LEGENDS
BY THE BAY
OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Re: Tribute to the Reggae LEGENDS ON THE BAY - 2013
December 19, 2012 01:31PM
That lineup is Chimino approved thumbs up
December 19, 2012 05:43PM
Is there a Bay Area version this year?
December 19, 2012 05:55PM
RaggaMuffins Festival didn't happen this year and is not likely for 2013 either....
December 19, 2012 08:13PM
Better lineup than in previous years. I wonder if Makeda has permission to use the images of all those artists on the side of the flyer
December 19, 2012 08:50PM
Prices are an out rage
December 20, 2012 06:05AM
Jr.Bong
Prices are an out rage

Well alot of big international touring acts get 50-100 playing big venues. Most big dancehall acts are 40-50 at the door. I think its an outrage that people dont spend money on music anymore.
December 20, 2012 03:39PM
$60 a day for that kind of lineup is very reasonable imho....
December 20, 2012 04:13PM
BodyGuard
Is there a Bay Area version this year?
There will be a Chico Bob Day with Tony Rebel, Queen Ifrica, Prince Alla and more TBA. Show is Feb. 14th.

I do recommend SD Bob Day as it is one of my favorites. Ill be Manding the trip down as I do every year. I also have to say I like the new venue much more than the sports arena. Hope to see some of you down there.
December 28, 2012 03:51AM
I'm seriously thinking of traveling distance from the SF Bay Area (driving? flying?), making for an EPIC weekend in SD. (At least that's how I've dreamed it). I prefer to see the lineup expanded with a few more headliners. I never tire of I-Vibes. Instead, mi eyes keep falling pon the "lineup subject to change" disclaimer, which worries me. Especially in light of today's seemingly 50% cancellation rate with several shows. Not too much worried about outright cancellation, but more of a watered down show if some of the posted headliners cancel. Is the show at the new venue on Broadway Pier capable of selling out?
Bless Bredren
December 28, 2012 05:25AM
Yes the show will sell out. The venue is small. Only about 1500. It used to be held in the San Diego Sports Area of 15,000-20,000 so this venue sells out. Highly suggest pre sale at least a few days before it.
December 29, 2012 03:35PM
IRIEMON
I'm seriously thinking of traveling distance from the SF Bay Area (driving? flying?), making for an EPIC weekend in SD. (At least that's how I've dreamed it). I prefer to see the lineup expanded with a few more headliners. I never tire of I-Vibes. Instead, mi eyes keep falling pon the "lineup subject to change" disclaimer, which worries me. Especially in light of today's seemingly 50% cancellation rate with several shows. Not too much worried about outright cancellation, but more of a watered down show if some of the posted headliners cancel. Is the show at the new venue on Broadway Pier capable of selling out?
Bless Bredren

If history is any indication, the artists make the Southern California dates but don't make it up north. There may be one or two changes, but I doubt anything major like we're accustomed in the Bay Area.
December 30, 2012 03:37PM
first of all Raggamuffins no longer has a tight lineup like that........no comparison AT ALL.
second,,,,,,why is the BAY so sad that no one can bring a lineup like that?
talkin bout prices......this poor man would fly to SD to see this if it wasn't for the four needy ones at my table.
February 07, 2013 12:37PM
lineup def. got switched around....
February 18, 2013 09:32AM
and wouldn't you know...michael rose gets taken off last minute only to be replaced by richie spice? bait and switch over and over this year. I heard from my friends who went that it was dead inside too...good luck for next year makeda...
February 18, 2013 03:11PM
the 90s bob-day concerts were the best ever.. those 91x shows on sundays while cruising o-side harbor and pier.... just nice.

funny how in the 90s everyone was talking about the golden era being the 80s.

now the 'golden era' is 90s to early 2000s..

reggae(in its one-drop form) barely keeping a pulse these days..
February 20, 2013 07:35PM
Man. I was tempted to make the drive simply to see if Rose and Don colab with Fullwood to lay down some Uhuru vibes waterhouse style.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login