Jah Sun & Kabaka Pyramid "Foundation"
December 20, 2012 03:00PM
Serious tune dropping tomorrow !!

Re: Jah Sun & Kabaka Pyramid "Foundation"
December 20, 2012 07:46PM
Kabaka Pyramid on the line up for Rebel Salute. He is a close friend of Protoje. They even sound a little bit alike.

hope to see some folks from here...there....
December 21, 2012 11:39AM
Follow this link from Jah Suns facebook page for a free download of the tune --->
https://www.facebook.com/jahsun411/app_2405167945
December 21, 2012 04:40PM
BOOM!

hehe, I get to take a little credit for this tune as I suggested the two of them colaborate on a track. Their voices sound even sweeter together than I anticipated.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 04:42PM by DJ Treez.
December 21, 2012 05:47PM
big tune dat.thumbs up

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
December 27, 2012 12:13PM
big track... I guess I am at a loss when people say Kabaka sounds like others. I just don't see it at all. I heard Jr Gong and now Protoje....my assumption is that it is because they have a Hip Hop delivery to their lyrics?
December 27, 2012 12:33PM
Ninja, I guess I am at fault with the reference to Kabaka and what he sounds like. First, I should apologize or at least clarify what I meant. Each artist has their own style, of course. I also have NEVER heard Kabaka live and fortunately will have that experience at Rebel Salute. On the other hand, I know Protoje's deliverly quite well both live and on cd. There is a rather large movement in Jamaica right now for the new generation to bring back consciousness and roots music- with quality, style and professionalism. This includes Kabaka, Jah 9, Protoje, Raging Fyah and others. I pick up up some silmilarities throughout the movement, so when I say that, I am not referring to "I hear this song by Protoje" and now I hear the next person that sounds just like him. What I hear is a new way of presenting music where the influence is shared. I love it. I love all of them and very pleased to see such a positive movement going on. It's not just a dancehall influence at all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2012 01:20PM by Sista Irie.
December 27, 2012 01:06PM
oh yes Sister and SERIOUSLY no apology needed. I only asked cause I have heard that a few times.....

J.O.E. EVERYTIME!!! I hope people start to listen to Micah Shemaiah as well....NUFF TALENT in the JOE MOVEMENT
December 27, 2012 01:43PM
I hear people doing that too. I have introduced Niyorah to a few people and they tell me "oh, he sounds just like Damien Marley." What? where do people come up with this stuff. I guess that most country or heavy metal sounds the same to me so benefit of the doubt to them.
December 27, 2012 04:12PM
personally, I think Kabaka Pyramid's sound is very similar to that of mi bredrin NiyoRah...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
December 27, 2012 05:49PM
I think what this says is people hear different things in music. I am a radio dj and have a pretty well trained ear so I don't think I fit into some predisposed idea of musical ignorance. I also know people hear differently and focus on various aspects of music. That is what makes it so personal.

Where do people come up with this stuff? from their previous experiences and intuitions. It is not an insult and in many cases a great compliment. Haven't heard a single singer yet complain if they were compared in sound to Dennis Brown. In fact, don't we all hope that new generations revive what has been lost? Not exactly the same subject with this topic, but still another way of looking at the wonders of reminding people of favorite artists. I can truly say I love Protoje (Oje) as a good friend and professionally, I really look forward to the future contributions these young artist are making.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2012 06:52PM by Sista Irie.
December 30, 2012 09:27AM
K-A-B-A-K-A

LOL!
December 30, 2012 01:21PM
damn- what an idiot I can be...and spelling is supposed to be my forte.
December 31, 2012 09:18AM
Interesting that others have also noticed the similarities of some of these artists. I have heard a Protoje song that at first I thought sounded like Niyorah and have also heard a Kabaka Pyramid song that sounded like Damien Marley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2012 03:06PM by Mr.Black.
January 02, 2013 07:59AM
I would be willing to say that the "others" who have noticed these sounds being similar are VASTLY outnumbered by the curious masses who have no idea why this is being said. Just IMO
January 02, 2013 08:00AM
[www.youtube.com]

I just don't see it in any way shape of form
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login