Bob Salzman R.I.P.
December 29, 2012 09:29PM
Greetings all on the Board tonight....

I have just had some sad news by way of Warren Caldwell that Photographer Bob Salzman has passed away.

I don't think I have ever been to a SNWMF without seeing him there. He will be missed.

Teresa

Cause my sweet life must be somewhere to be found...instead of Concrete Jungle...where the living is hardest. Bob Marley
Re: Bob Salzman R.I.P.
December 30, 2012 05:31AM
I am so sorry to hear this. Warren tried to reach me last night and now I know why. May Bob's amazing works stand firm as part of his legacy. He will be missed by so many people but none the least, other reggae photographers who have become a family of their own, and love and respect our fellow comrades. May prayers of strength surround Bob's friends and family.
December 30, 2012 07:35AM
A friend and bredren has passed and will be missed. Giving thanks for knowing him and enjoying his company over the years. Bob, I'll treasure all the images and memories from you and of you, in the camera and in my mind's eye. Rest well.
December 30, 2012 07:44AM
Wow, sad news this morning.
I'll miss seeing him, SNWMF just won't be the same.
Prayers to Bob's family.
December 30, 2012 08:16AM
Does anyone have a photo of Bob to share? I tried to find one in my archives and did not. It might be nice at SNWMF to get all the photographers together for a group photo. one love
December 30, 2012 11:46AM
Rest in Power Bob!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2012 01:52PM by Ras_Adam.
December 30, 2012 01:16PM
Awesome, Ras A. With camera as it should be.
December 30, 2012 01:28PM
This is very sad news. I always looked forward to seeing Bob each year. Such a warm human being.

Forward
Jah Son
December 30, 2012 02:05PM
Blessings Brother Bob! sankofa fly you home!
December 30, 2012 05:34PM
Greetings all on the board this afternoon,

All my archives are in storage up North so I can't get to them for a while.

I was looking through my ARTISTS folders on Facebook, Myspace and Photobucket to see if I just happened to get him in the shot and had to stop looking as the memories of people we have lost, Alton Ellis, Joseph Hill to name a few over took me and on top of the loss of such a happy face so young was too much. Warren Caldwell has some nice shots of Bob on his Facebook site.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. His works will keep him alive.....
January 02, 2013 12:09PM
R.I.P. Bob Salzman...!! Bob was always a very very kind caring human being and one of the best professional fantastic photographers that I know.He always treated me and all my dear musician friends around me everytime with love;and respect.I do know Bob will be very missed everywhere.God bless and keep your soul Mr.Salzman !!

Dale Hauskins:001.858.401.2973
Professional L.A.reggae jazz/rock hipHop lead-rhythm GUITARIST.
CD/Tour credits: Pato Banton;Martin Campbell;Phil Chen;Fully Fullwood;Majek Fashek;Myka 9;Scientist;Tippa Irie.
[www.reverbnation.com]
(Seeks a Schweizer Frau,Meitsch zum Hürote.)
March 28, 2013 07:27PM
Jah Blessing !!! Missing you my Bredren !!!
March 29, 2013 06:20AM
It would be appropriate for some of us reggae photographers to say a few words between sets about the two legendary photographers lost this last year....Bob and Diane. I would be willing to speak on behalf of Diane. Or maybe even a candle light tribute at some point on the grounds..?
March 29, 2013 08:25AM
March 29, 2013 08:58AM
It would be appropriate for some of us reggae photographers to say a few words between sets about the two legendary photographers lost this last year....Bob and Diane.

Agree with this absolutely!!!!!!!!!!

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
March 29, 2013 09:02AM
Bob was a really great guy and what I liked most about him is he didn't specialize in those "microphone up to mouth on stage" photos so many far lesser photographers revert to. Anyone can get a picture of someone on stage with a mic in their face...Mr Salzmans work far transcended that weak genre. RIP Bob...one of the first veterans to truly strike me as an exceedingly nice person as well as a great pro photographer.

ok
fred
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login