Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hendy Woods

Posted by J_72 
Hendy Woods
December 30, 2012 11:40AM
Got our Hendy Woods campsite reserved! We are excited! Not many left...
Re: Hendy Woods
December 30, 2012 07:22PM
Not true , the reservation starts at Jan 2nd .
December 30, 2012 09:58PM
They are taking reservations now...we just reserved ours, and coułdn't reserve the one we wanted.

There was a post about it a couple of weeks ago on the forum:

[snwmf.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2012 10:15PM by J_72.
December 30, 2012 10:09PM
Not sure how the rest of the campground is, but there were only two spots left where we usually camp.

Peace
December 31, 2012 06:35AM
Tarzan:
I made my reservation on 12/2/2012.
Done and done!
January 01, 2013 12:24AM
Thanks guys , but keep trying and it dose not work for me. I think call them and see if I can reserve it on the phone. I hope there still a space available.
January 01, 2013 01:14PM
Here's the link for reservations: [www.reserveamerica.com]

If I had to pick from whats left I would take #42 or perhaps #24. Dont take #33 its the worst of the worst.
January 01, 2013 02:36PM
Thanks all the help guys. I finally booked 42. Cant wait.
January 01, 2013 03:07PM
It look like that there still more camps available.
January 01, 2013 06:53PM
January 04, 2013 09:39AM
just booked my site #43 . Damn need to start booking in Dec . I normally get 42 every year but I seen Tarzan swung from the trees& swooped b4 I could get my paycheck. Haha.. Price has gone up from $28 a night to $40 a night . California state parks got me for $178 for 4 night stay. Man I hope those early bird special tix's don't go up to much from the December price.
January 04, 2013 10:26AM
This is for camping at SNWMF?? I guess I just always car camp. Is this camping at a state park close by? I like that idea, then maybe you can avoid the dubstep.
January 04, 2013 11:03AM
richie rich
just booked my site #43 . Damn need to start booking in Dec . I normally get 42 every year but I seen Tarzan swung from the trees& swooped b4 I could get my paycheck. Haha.. Price has gone up from $28 a night to $40 a night . California state parks got me for $178 for 4 night stay. Man I hope those early bird special tix's don't go up to much from the December price.

You can think of it as supporting the park so it doesn't end up on the chopping block. Rossta, yes, Hendy Woods campground.
January 04, 2013 06:25PM
@richie rich , lol. Sorry I took your spot . U snooz u lose.

Peace.
January 05, 2013 03:53PM
ALLGOOD new people to meet & greet with my fam @ camp as we toast with sum beers, eat, all while being part of & listening to the best music festival in the states.
January 05, 2013 07:09PM
rossta8888
..... then maybe you can avoid the dubstep.

hopefully soon it will have avoided itself and gone away completely...... smoking smiley

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
January 05, 2013 07:36PM
HiGrade1
rossta8888

hopefully soon it will have avoided itself and gone away completely...... smoking smiley

Simply beautiful!!
January 05, 2013 07:58PM
iriebarto
HiGrade1
rossta8888

Simply beautiful!!

thumbs up
January 10, 2013 08:01AM
So how close of a walk is this campground to SNWMF? I am considering getting a spot here. It just adds another expense though as car camping is included with your ticket. Seems like it is 42 a night which over 4 nights ads up. Is it worth it? Just curious of other's opinion who have car camped and stayed herer. Thanks.
January 10, 2013 08:24AM
Gotta drive to the festival from Hendy Woods. Probably 10 miles of highway.
January 10, 2013 08:34AM
Thanks Jahsprey, that is all I needed to know. I dont like to be that far away from camp. Car camping it is, unless anyone knows of a campground that is closer. Thank you.
January 10, 2013 08:37AM
Camping IS NOT included in the price of your music ticket to SNWMF. Camping sells out far faster than music tix. For the past 3 years, the Anderson Valley Brewery has offered alternative camping. It's about a 1/3 of a mile walk to the venue but offers tree shade and a lot more elbow room than onsite camping.....
January 10, 2013 08:41AM
So i am obviously confused Daniel. Thank you for clearing that up. The last time I was at SNWMF was 2008 and I car camped, that is an extra fee? Thank you for the advice on Anderson Valley Brewery. What is the price to camp on site?
January 10, 2013 08:54AM
Yes, on-site camping is extra. It was $75 for 3 nights last year. I'm not certain how much camping at AVB was last year, but it was around the same price. They didn't start selling camping last year until about June 1st, and don't know what their plans are for 2013....
January 10, 2013 08:56AM
Okay, thank you for catching that and correcting me. Would be a bummer to buy tickets early thinking i had camping lined up only to realize weeks before the festival i do not. HAHA. I am coming for sure this year, so I am going to check out Anderson Valley Brewery. Thanks.

Do you like the new Midnite album Free Indeed?
January 10, 2013 07:09PM
AVB was 80 bucks last year. So much room. They Only sold like 200 people passes. We had a 60x100 foot area for 10 of us. Super short walk. No noise curfew.
January 11, 2013 07:55AM
Thanks Westafari! I am going to check out AVB today and see if they are selling camping spots yet. Sounds like a perfect area to camp for SNWMF!! Excited for this year!
January 13, 2013 08:06AM
rossta8888
Thanks Westafari! I am going to check out AVB today and see if they are selling camping spots yet. Sounds like a perfect area to camp for SNWMF!! Excited for this year!

I would recommend AVB over camping inside the festival. No offense to SNWMF but the camping is a joke, WAY TO CROWDED. I'm all for instant community, for me it's a big part of the festival but a 10x10 area ( if you actually get that much room) just doesn't cut it for me. That being said there are plenty of people who like it so it's really a matter of personal preference.

-Ben
January 13, 2013 11:19AM
The camping for avb goes on sale June 1. Gonna have to wait till then.
AJ
January 16, 2013 09:26AM
Hendy Woods State Park is pretty much part of the festival for us. It's nice to see the same folks year after year at Hendy and to run into them or hang with them at the fest.
I'm not sure if we would keep returning to SNWMF if Hendy closed.
Support state parks in California and across the nation! Here in Missouri there have also been cut-backs, mainly in staff. In Arizona some of their parks have been closed. The list goes on.
It's not just state parks, national forest campgrounds are also closing, as my wife & I have witnessed driving across America the last few years.
Campsite # 11 for us again this year. See ya...
January 17, 2013 12:36PM
Does AVB offer showers, toilets, electricity? The camping on site may be real tight but I have become accustom to those three things.
January 17, 2013 01:12PM
No showers, real bathroom or electricity at avb. Portos only. Where do you get electricity at a festival? For real????? The Hilton or a hotel in ukiah might be your spot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2013 01:15PM by westafari.
January 17, 2013 05:48PM
You get it in the rr or outside outlets, remember it is fair grounds, just need it to recharge equipment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login