Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RIP - Trevor Roper, Chalice

Posted by EvanCR 
RIP - Trevor Roper, Chalice
January 03, 2013 10:45AM
Trevor Roper, former lead singer and guitarist with the band Chalice, died Wednesday in Chicago. He was 59. Trevor Roper, formerly of Chalice, passes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2013 06:14AM by EvanCR.
Re: RIP - Trevor Roper, Chalice
January 08, 2013 06:15AM
bump

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2013 12:04PM by EvanCR.
January 08, 2013 10:02AM
Very sorry to hear that. Trevor was an excellent and charismatic singer in the original incarnation of the band. Desi Jones was and still is one of my favorite drummies. imho their recordings for the most part didn't carry nearly the energy of their live shows. They were much better known and appreciated in JA than in the US.
January 08, 2013 10:19AM
Yes "Good to be there" is def a top roots anthem for me. Sorry to hear he passed so young, our loss but heavens gain.
January 08, 2013 11:35AM
going to spin my copy of "Blasted" and the track "Are we Loving. Respect to the memory and music of another great Jamaican, Trevor Roper
January 09, 2013 07:13AM
r.i.p.
January 09, 2013 07:25AM
Having seen them in JA, I agree with uncle Herbie that the energy and vibe of their live performances out shined their recorded works.

This song has been, and remains an anthem in my book (though I'm not as fond of this recorded version as the ja release of the same song):

And BIG UP to Desi Jones as well!
January 10, 2013 03:49AM
A little info about how he lived his life post Chalice. Impacted the world even then!
Coach 'Oz' Entertained In the Pool, On Stage
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login