ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
Re: Anthony B / Perfect Giddimani & more / PDX / 1.18.13
January 07, 2013 06:09PM
This show is going to be huge!!! I am so sad i cannot make it. Thank you to Ras Danny and Lindsey Love for all the hard work.
January 07, 2013 09:49PM
30 is a little Steep when you're buying your ladies as well
January 07, 2013 10:14PM
Iriebarto, how many ladies you got??? LOL, I understand that 30$ is well 30$, but when you think about the artists and all who are putting work into this, 30$ seems very reasonable. You get to see two top performers in Anthony B and Perfect. I like Jagga Culture a lot and thought that he put on a great show this last summer at NWWRF in the dancehall. Serious De Witness played at 7 generations festival and I also really enjoyed him. On top of all that great live music you will have Small Axe bringing some great tunes. Anything that Emet and Higher reasoning reggae times put on has always been top notch in my experience. I would be there myself except I scheduled a special weekend for my lady and I at the Oregon coast. But I wish i could cancel it all to be able to see this live show.
January 08, 2013 12:26AM
Trust me I understand why it's 30$.. Moneys just tight right now and then gas is going up as well.. Then food and 60 for tickets.. The bill gets large fast .. Not complaining, I wouldn't be making the trip if it wasn't going to be a top notch show.. Iam going and bringing a crew with me.. Gonna be a great night just an expensive one
January 08, 2013 03:20PM
I hear you on the funds Iriebarto, makes things tough but it will be so worth it!!! Have so much fun! For some cheap eats me and my lady hit up the food carts in Portland!!! You can get some awesome food for under $10 each. Have a blast, we seem to keep catching different shows. Will link up with you at a show soon. smoking smiley
January 08, 2013 03:49PM
Portland's food cart scene is awesome - such an innovative city P-town and i love that the small business eaterys can make it happen like that. Seattle - take notes...
January 08, 2013 04:22PM
Portland's food scene is legit! Making me hungry just thinking about it.
January 08, 2013 06:14PM
For real!! I hit up big ass sandwhiches last time I was there.. There fresh baked rolls they use are amazing!! Yo tyller just take your lady to the show and propose there lol...
January 08, 2013 08:25PM
Yeah I would love to do that but we get to Portland a lot since I have season tickets for the Timbers and then I try to get to Portland for as much reggae as possible. We both love the ocean and seafood! I have everything planned out so no going back now but belive me Chris I really want to go to Portland. I have never seen Perfect. I am so excited for Anthony B in Bend on the 21st!!! Rare for us to get reggae music in Bend. It is a huge blessing!
January 10, 2013 05:23PM
Pre sale tickets will save you 10 bucks when buying for you and your lady... just a thought. I wish there were better ways to subsidize music... so that more people could afford the shows!smiling bouncing smiley
January 10, 2013 05:30PM
I saw that Anthony B will be in Bend on Monday Jan 21st at the Domino Room. $17 advanced, $20 day of show.
January 10, 2013 06:06PM
Yes he will be! So excited Bun N Cheese! He played here last year and maybe 40 people showed up. I was so impressed with him, I had seen him at festivals and he always played an amazing show but I thought that since there wasnt many people at the show last year he might not play a long set. Wrong, he played for 2 hours and then sat on stage and signed cds and dvds for 30 minutes! Really impressed me. Cannot wait for him monday the 21st! Jagga and Serious DeWitness are performing too!!! Thank you to Ises Pro Ducntions and Red Fyah Soljah sound for getting them here!
January 11, 2013 02:25AM
EmpressLove
Pre sale tickets will save you 10 bucks when buying for you and your lady... just a thought. I wish there were better ways to subsidize music... so that more people could afford the shows!smiling bouncing smiley

When you're paying for 2 big artist and both actually show it's well worth it.. And the charge is understandable .. Just been to too many reggae shows promoting 2 artist that I consider headliners and one is a no show.. Couple examples Anthony b And zamunda.. Another off hand is gyptian and warrior king.. Warrior king was ill all the way in Jamaica still
January 12, 2013 03:51AM
both artists will be there. (in Portland)

Anthony B in PDX

(lemme know what Ya'll think a dis likkle drop)

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
January 13, 2013 03:46AM
Give thanks ras d!! I have faith you guys will do things right.. See ya there
January 14, 2013 03:55AM
Ros Donny! rasta smiley
January 14, 2013 05:20PM
lol thumbs up

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
January 16, 2013 03:14AM
Ross donnnie my bad
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login