Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EEK-A-MOUSE Deported to the US, Faces prison time.

Posted by EvanCR 
EEK-A-MOUSE Deported to the US, Faces prison time.
January 08, 2013 11:03AM
Re: EEK-A-MOUSE Deported to the US, Faces prison time.
January 08, 2013 06:44PM
Eek had it coming~> STRAIT ~>

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
January 08, 2013 07:27PM
long overdue
January 09, 2013 07:57AM
What kind of drugs did he get busted with? Rape? I dont understand why anyone needs to rape. Sad, when Eek A Mouse came to Bend, OR he always put on an amazing show.
January 09, 2013 08:11AM
When i first started going to reggae shows about 5 years ago or so, i saw Eek in Petaluma, pretty good show. I went into work the next day and said to the young guys i worked with, You guys know Eek a mouse? The first guy immediately said, Ya mean the rapist? . Apparently they had gone to see him the year before with a female who went back stage to meet Eek after the show and was, well, molested. Didn't get to rape but.....

Love that reggae!
January 09, 2013 08:19AM
Interesting, Well I hope that is the case and there is no rape involved as reported. Not that molesting a women is okay at all cause its wrong. I am still curious if the so called drugs they found was marijuana or more than that.
January 09, 2013 08:21AM
Eek has had a long history of trouble, and a reputation for being a bit " agressive" with the females. Eek was my first reggae show about 13 years ago or more at Maritime hall, after that I was hooked. Its been a bit sad to me watching him decline over the years as he was one of my favorite artists and performers. Like Rick James said " Cocaine is a hell of a drug". Now I hope he gets his for his actions as I dispise rapists and molesters over any other foul human being.
January 09, 2013 08:26AM
So Eek A Mouse was in to cocaine. I wondered about that. Sad. You got it right East bay herbalist, rapist and molesters are foul human beings. Everyone makes mistakes but that is a hard one to look past.
January 09, 2013 08:33AM
rossta8888
So Eek A Mouse was in to cocaine. I wondered about that. Sad. You got it right East bay herbalist, rapist and molesters are foul human beings. Everyone makes mistakes but that is a hard one to look past.

Eek A Mouse was heavily into cocaine. I had always heard the stories about him, then we got the same booking agent and did a winter tour with him. There wasn't 1 night I didn't see him doing coke. I have so many stories about Eek A Mouse and only 2 of them don't involve coke, but ill bet he was still on it at the time.
January 09, 2013 08:40AM
From my understanding he was reffered to as " Tweak a mouse" by most promoters and djs in the area for a few years now.
January 09, 2013 08:45AM
Make's sense, the last time he came to Bend he would leave the stage every 15-20 minutes and be gone for a few minutes while the band kept playing. Each time he left and came back he would have a beer in his hand. I wondered if he was going back to puff or snort. I think that is why he liked Bend, he could party on stage. LOL
January 09, 2013 08:49AM
Diesel
rossta8888

Eek A Mouse was heavily into cocaine. I had always heard the stories about him, then we got the same booking agent and did a winter tour with him. There wasn't 1 night I didn't see him doing coke. I have so many stories about Eek A Mouse and only 2 of them don't involve coke, but ill bet he was still on it at the time.

Diesel what band do you play for?
January 09, 2013 09:01AM
he's had it coming, long time... and only has self to blame...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
January 09, 2013 09:04AM
Diesel

do you remember the time in Chico downstairs from Brickworks, like 10 years ago i think... he had a show upstairs and we were playing on your system downstairs... he came down after and deejayed on the sound a bit, which was cool... but when the bar closed he kept telling me to get him a white russian... and when i finally told him i didn't work for the bar OR HIM we had a nice little shouting match... hahaha total punkass
January 09, 2013 09:09AM
Wow, this is ruining my love of Eek A Mouse and his music. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for him becuase when I first moved here in 2007 he was the only reggae artist that would come to Bend every year. Most come once and dont come back due to small crowds, snow and the fact that Bend is really out of the way.
January 09, 2013 09:36AM
Tyler. he's str8 jerk. no filler.

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
January 09, 2013 09:55AM
Bummer, Really sad to hear. Well sounds like he might serve up to 20 years and sounds like he really deserves it. To bad that people who have a talent like Eek A Mouse does cannot use it for the greater good.
January 09, 2013 09:59AM
Yeah I lost intrest in him years ago. Had no idea about all this, but it doesn't surprise me.. I heard stories of girls that willingly hooked up with him in Ashland after shows... Girls that I wouldn't poke with a stick!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2013 10:16AM by iriebarto.
January 09, 2013 10:02AM
so nice
he kept telling me to get him a white russian...

LOL
January 09, 2013 10:15AM
Vodka, Khalua and cream or as the Big Lebowski calls it a "Caucasian". LOL
January 09, 2013 10:17AM
The rug really tied the room together man
January 09, 2013 10:36AM
iriebarto
The rug really tied the room together man

HAHA thumbs up
January 09, 2013 12:38PM
rossta8888
Wow, this is ruining my love of Eek A Mouse and his music.

If you love music don't dig to much into musicians real life. Cause in the end they are just like everyone else for better and worse.
January 09, 2013 01:01PM
I hear you papaJ. I think that is part of the reason I love reggae music though. You dont have to listen to songs about blunts, 40s and bitches. I dont have to listen to people singing about negative things. Most reggae music I listen to is positive and uplifting. I understand that artist are like everyone else but snorting coke and forcing yourself on to women is not something I associate myself with. Maybe that sounds judgmental but I really try to surround myself with good positive people and music that helps me be a better person. That is why I love MIDNITE!!!
January 09, 2013 02:26PM
rossta8888
I think that is part of the reason I love reggae music though. You dont have to listen to songs about blunts, 40s and bitches

I hear ya although alot of reggae is about at least 2 of those 3. And of course we know that those who love to sing about those 3 aren't even all about that either! Thats the entertain - ment industry for ya.
January 09, 2013 03:32PM
ites rossta8888. i love your positivity!

the mistake comes in thinking that because you know the lyrics/music, you know the artist. to assume that reggae artists adhere to the things they sing about, or for some that they even care to, is folly.

what would you do if you discovered a member of midnite enjoyed drinking hard alcohol or snorting cocaine? what if, at times of frustration, they beat their woman? in no way at all am i saying this is the case, but i am saying it could be. and i am only saying midnite because i know how much you love them. would you love their music less? would you still be able to get edification from their works?

love the music; put down idol worship.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
January 09, 2013 03:53PM
mosquito killer

m.

Agreed...Great messages are delivered by imperfect humans!
January 09, 2013 04:22PM
papajoshua
mosquito killer

m.

Agreed...Great messages are delivered by imperfect humans!
Agreed and agreed. People tend to forget artists are imperfect humans themselves. Bob Marley is a perfect example, while I love his music and message as an instrument of a force greater than ourselves, he was a bit of a mess as a human being.
January 09, 2013 04:31PM
My problem is, the more I learned about artists over the years, the less I liked the music. I have a hard time listening to spiritual/conscious messages knowing the artist is a hypocritical asshole. Although he cheated on his wife, I respect MLK Jr. because he didn't preach clean living and all that, he preached civil rights. That's the difference to me. If I found out the Dalai Lama was doing cocaine and beating women, I would sign him off from my own spiritual path. You can't tell people to live clean and talk about righteousness, then call others Babylon and stuff, and not be on the up and up.
January 09, 2013 04:35PM
i would imagine that MLK Jr might have preached clean living during a church sermon or two...

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
January 09, 2013 04:44PM
J_72
My problem is, the more I learned about artists over the years, the less I liked the music. I have a hard time listening to spiritual/conscious messages knowing the artist is a hypocritical asshole. Although he cheated on his wife, I respect MLK Jr. because he didn't preach clean living and all that, he preached civil rights. That's the difference to me. If I found out the Dalai Lama was doing cocaine and beating women, I would sign him off from my own spiritual path. You can't tell people to live clean and talk about righteousness, then call others Babylon and stuff, and not be on the up and up.
Nobodys perfect and everybodys a hypocryte at a point or two in their lives. I think for me I give more credit to the flawed and those that can be honest about their imperfections that those that want to burn fire pon everything and act as their ways are the riteous way....
January 09, 2013 04:45PM
Maybe, but not as a rule of thumb and standard. See, I respect a guy like Jerry Garcia who just played good music without the preaching, at least he's not a hypocrite. Religious pontificating and hypocrisy bugs the heck out of me.
January 09, 2013 04:47PM
Last message to MK. Eastbay I agree. By the way, I hope I am not coming off as self righteous, as I am do not pursue "righteousness" anymore. As a person who grew up with religion, and then began the Rasta path as a teenager and struggled with righteousness and hypocrisy, I have gotten to the point in my life where I am human, and all that entails, good and bad, and cannot listen to religious pontificating in music knowing what I know about the reggae business.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2013 05:11PM by J_72.
January 09, 2013 06:56PM
i'm sure MLK Jr didn't preach that adultary was fine, ever. so indeed, your hero, like all of us, was hypocritical at some point in his life. shades of gray are shades of gray.

i have the utmost of respect for you jeff; you don't come off as preachy to me because i know the weight you attribute to your actions.

that said, i will always get upliftment still from eek-a-mouse's "creation" just as you will from MLK Jr's "i have a dream".

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
January 09, 2013 07:20PM
Why do they need to set up Buju when they have real badman to capture?? Anybody with that many kids or just struggling to provide would be tempted with that offer ... Spend the goddamn money on capturing the real bad guy!!! Money that easy is a temptation to any man in need.. What he did might of been wrong but no man deserves entrapment like that...
January 09, 2013 07:43PM
mosquito killer
i'm sure MLK Jr didn't preach that adultary was fine, ever. so indeed, your hero, like all of us, was hypocritical at some point in his life. shades of gray are shades of gray.

i have the utmost of respect for you jeff; you don't come off as preachy to me because i know the weight you attribute to your actions.

that said, i will always get upliftment still from eek-a-mouse's "creation" just as you will from MLK Jr's "i have a dream".

m.

I agree for the most part MK, and I would NEVER view any human with rose color glasses, hero or not. MLK indeed cheated on his wife, but he also wasn't in-your-face about being righteous either. I suppose that is what I am referring to, the in-your-face righteousness, spouting about Babylon this and that and righteousness, pontificating, etc. I realize people are are all hypocrites in some fashion, but at least don't preach overtly than practice something else, every night you're on tour, than go out on stage and tell people they need to be righteous.

Hope to see you this summer!
January 09, 2013 07:51PM
@ j72- I get where you are coming from and dont see you coming off as preachy or self riteous. As an educator I am sure you look for the credibility of the source before anything else. Personally I take it as entertainment and leave it at that. Now who I choos to endorse and give my money to is a whole different story. Ill buy every one of an artist like Mesenjah selahs CDs and happily pay whatever the price to go see him and gladly support him. What I wont do is endorse or financialy support someones legal defense fund or self ritcheous anti whatever cause.

@Mk- Smae way I feel about Penni walli "riiiding on my biiicyyycle biddy meng meng meng". Good music is good music. If you feel it, listen to and enjoy it. Just be careful about how you let it shape you.
January 09, 2013 08:00PM
Bigg up messenjah selah every time !! Super positive always
January 09, 2013 08:50PM
jeff, with regards MKL Jr., ultimately, reggae artists are performance artists, which is not quite the same thing as a preacher of the holy bible. so in some respects it's less of a surprise when a performance artist is unfaithful to his doctrine than is a man of the pulpit. seriously, think about it--he was a pastor, not musical entertainer.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
January 09, 2013 09:31PM
True enough MK.
January 10, 2013 08:34AM
rossta8888
Diesel
rossta8888

I've been with The Mystic Roots band since 2001. For a few years we backed Pato Banton and while on tour with Pato we did a winter tour with Eek
January 10, 2013 08:38AM
Diesel
rossta8888
Diesel
rossta8888

I've been with The Mystic Roots band since 2001. For a few years we backed Pato Banton and while on tour with Pato we did a winter tour with Eek

That is awesome Diesel, I have seen you play quite a few times then. I am familar with The Mystic Roots band! What instrument do you play? I would imagine that when Eek was coming to Bend, OR from 2008-2010 you were with him. If so how did you like Central Oregon? Also how was Pato Banton? I saw him a lot in Petaluma when I lived in Sonoma County but had not seen him in a long time till NWWRF this summer and I thought he played a really good show.
January 10, 2013 08:54AM
mosquito killer

the mistake comes in thinking that because you know the lyrics/music, you know the artist. to assume that reggae artists adhere to the things they sing about, or for some that they even care to, is folly.

what would you do if you discovered a member of midnite enjoyed drinking hard alcohol or snorting cocaine? what if, at times of frustration, they beat their woman? in no way at all am i saying this is the case, but i am saying it could be. and i am only saying midnite because i know how much you love them. would you love their music less? would you still be able to get edification from their works?

m.

Great advice Mosquito Killer, you are right. I do put my sports hero's and muscians on a pedestal and they are human beings who make mistakes just like myself. I look up to them, I would be devistated if I heard that about Midnite, would it change my love for their music? Maybe, I am sure i would still listen to them but i tell anyone who will listen to me about Midnite. because I believe in them. I believe in their message. I am a huge Manchester United football fan and one of my hero's from growing up is Ryan Giggs, he has played for Manchester United since he was 17 and is 39 now. He was the player who your parents would be happy that you liked him. Always in the paper for the right reason till a few years ago when it came out he had been sleeping with his brothers wife for years. I was devestated. But i had to realize that he is a human being just like anyone else and made a mistake.
January 10, 2013 09:33AM
Diesel
rossta8888
Diesel
rossta8888

That must have been an interesting mix, Pato and Eek.
January 10, 2013 11:52AM
January 10, 2013 06:20PM
I've been checking this thread today. For what it's worth, I'm putting in my two cents. I used to play keys on tour with Mouse for a good three year run or so. He would often say, "you can take the mouse of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the Mouse". I'm not going to try and be a character witness here, because we all know he's never exactly been the greatest role model. My two cents has to do with some of the people jumping on the band wagon here who may have been the first in line to hand a spliff to the Mouse, or take photos, or grab his sweatty mic, and fill in the chorus lines at shows. Until the law is done with him, and we can legally either call him a rapist or not, the fact is that Mouse has put a countless amount of good vibes out on this planet. At least 65% of us on this board have loved his tunes at some point or the other. How many of you would actually call him a rapist or cocaine head if you ran into him on the street? Yes, he's a big dude and it probably wouldn't be a good idea to do anything like that, but wouldn't you think twice even if he was as small as a mouse? Don't take me for a person who has the slightest tolarance for molesters or rapists. I think they are the sickest of all people on this planet. I've heard a lot of the same stories you have too. I just would like to see people hop off the band wagon a bit and just let the law take its course. And we all know Mouse isnt the first reggae artist from the foundation years who loved his cocaine.
January 10, 2013 06:31PM
@#$%& the law!!! These are first hand experiences... Not allegations... Proof is in the jello.. Maybe I wouldn't start a situation by calling him out but I would never support him regardless of the laws decision.. The boot fits!!
January 10, 2013 07:43PM
Shockout Radio Family
I've been checking this thread today. For what it's worth, I'm putting in my two cents. I used to play keys on tour with Mouse for a good three year run or so. He would often say, "you can take the mouse of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the Mouse". I'm not going to try and be a character witness here, because we all know he's never exactly been the greatest role model. My two cents has to do with some of the people jumping on the band wagon here who may have been the first in line to hand a spliff to the Mouse, or take photos, or grab his sweatty mic, and fill in the chorus lines at shows. Until the law is done with him, and we can legally either call him a rapist or not, the fact is that Mouse has put a countless amount of good vibes out on this planet. At least 65% of us on this board have loved his tunes at some point or the other. How many of you would actually call him a rapist or cocaine head if you ran into him on the street? Yes, he's a big dude and it probably wouldn't be a good idea to do anything like that, but wouldn't you think twice even if he was as small as a mouse? Don't take me for a person who has the slightest tolarance for molesters or rapists. I think they are the sickest of all people on this planet. I've heard a lot of the same stories you have too. I just would like to see people hop off the band wagon a bit and just let the law take its course. And we all know Mouse isnt the first reggae artist from the foundation years who loved his cocaine.

He who is without sin cast the first stone!
January 10, 2013 07:50PM
If its rape Stones we throw then I a toss away
January 11, 2013 07:43AM
Shockout Radio Family

I still have respect for Eek A Mouse as artist and musician. I will always love his music.
January 11, 2013 08:36AM
Eek is not the only artist i've heard stories about, and they are just that, stories that we may keep in mind, not a certainty. Count me as one who has enjoyed Eek's music and performance. But if i was taking my daughter to one of his shows i might not encourage her to meet him afterwards.

Love that reggae!
January 11, 2013 08:46AM
so nice
Diesel

do you remember the time in Chico downstairs from Brickworks, like 10 years ago i think... he had a show upstairs and we were playing on your system downstairs... he came down after and deejayed on the sound a bit, which was cool... but when the bar closed he kept telling me to get him a white russian... and when i finally told him i didn't work for the bar OR HIM we had a nice little shouting match... hahaha total punkass

"Some body bring me a White Russian Bing Bing Bong", how could I forget that. Do you remember when someone finally got it for him he spilled it all over the pool table. I will never forget that. I also remember you telling him he would never play another show in Chico and he hasn't.
January 11, 2013 09:40AM
Diesel
. I also remember you telling him he would never play another show in Chico and he hasn't.

oh, that musta hurt.
January 11, 2013 09:37PM
Plenty of musicians use or have used cocaine (wouldn't be too far off to say MOST reggae artists from the 1980s at some point). It's not the habit, but how it causes one to act. Gregory had a worse rep for it than DBrown only because the former let it affect his performances (or lack of)...that's one example. Some commit acts of violence under it while others hide it quite well. Same with anyone else.
January 13, 2013 11:12AM
The material root of ego mouse syndrome
[en.wikipedia.org]

The spiritual root of ego => A fool learns from his/her own mistakes
... wizwize learns from the mistakes of others

… “Who feels it knows it”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2013 11:13AM by Peacemakeya.
January 13, 2013 11:30AM
Diesel
so nice
Diesel

"Some body bring me a White Russian Bing Bing Bong", how could I forget that. Do you remember when someone finally got it for him he spilled it all over the pool table. I will never forget that. I also remember you telling him he would never play another show in Chico and he hasn't.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.... .yeah i forgot about that -- he ended up getting his drink and then spilled all over their pool table... HAAHAHA dumbass

we had fun earlier though!
January 13, 2013 12:37PM
so nice

I remember that ! I was standing at the other end of the bar when he jumped up and started getting crazy. I remember thinking "Is Nick really gona Fight Eek rite Now...? Yikes " The situation defused rather quickly But Nick could have Totally kicked his ass! drinking smiley
Im pretty sure that was the show that I realized Eek had issues and was shitty as a person! Nice turn out on the Campus lawn... Although he maid every 1 wait about 30-40 mins before he finally decided to show up.

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login