Anthony B last night at the New Parrish?
January 10, 2013 06:56AM
Did he ever show up? I left at 1:30am and he was still unseen. Dj kept saying he was coming on only to bring up some other artist. Did he come on at 1:30 and rock it till the early morning, whats the deal?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2013 06:56AM by east bay herbalist.
Re: Anthony B last night at the New Parrish?
January 10, 2013 07:37AM
Wow, 130am on a wednesday night and he wasnt on stage yet. How late do they let you play at the New Parish? Anthony B normally plays like a 2 hour set too.
January 10, 2013 08:06AM
Ive been to a few shows at The New Parrish that run past 2:00 am there, but that was on weekends. Im with you Rossta, Im used to Anthony B rocking it for an hour and a half minimum and on stage by midnight.
January 10, 2013 08:11AM
Weird, I heard about an issue on his last tour in Sourthern Oregon that he didnt show up till 30 minutes before the venue closed but it was due to him getting lost. I doubt that is the case at the New Parish, most people know that venue. He always seems to want to put on a good show and entertain so I am sure there is a valid reason on why he was so late or didnt even show.
January 10, 2013 10:10AM
He must have played because I saw pictures on FB today that he played in Oakland last night and put on a good show.
January 10, 2013 11:02AM
he went till after 2:30
January 11, 2013 10:49AM
Yeah he didn't start 'till almost 1:30, and played 'till about 2:30. He was great, but that was way too long to wait for him on a wednesday night. Too many people on the bill, or as my friend said, "scene stealers". No one would pay to see some of these openers (though Joseph Isreal is good), so they have to tag along to a big artist like Anthony B. Sorry to sound harsh, but it is overkill. I'm a big fan of 1 DJ, 1 opening band, and 1 headliner for a mid-week nightclub show. An exception would be a good double bill like the Chuck Fenda/I-Wayne show from last year, that was real nice.
January 11, 2013 10:56AM
That is really late for a wednesday night. Plus why have so many openers and cause the artist most people want to see to only play for an hour. Anthony B will play for hour and half to two hours normally. He is coming to bend the 21st with two openers so I hope that doesnt happen here. they wont let him play past 130.
January 11, 2013 06:33PM
Thanks for the updates. Completley agree about there being too many openers. Im wondering if the last guys after Mystic Roots were last minute additions to stall a late performer. I did enjoy Joseph Isreal, that was my first time seeing or hearing him. He is a very talented musician.
January 11, 2013 06:46PM
Anybody goto the bridge city music festival in Portland ?? They had one guy that sucked so bad yet had his microphone turned off or he was lip raping.. Same dude that fell flat in his face from the top of the ladder he pulled out and sat on top of.. Great stuff either way
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login