Trail connecting Richardsons Grove to Frenchs Camp
January 10, 2013 09:35PM
Any idea if the trail from Richardson Grove to Frenchs camp/Cooks Valley will be cleared out by ROTR 2013? Last year was my first time attending in a few years and the trail had overgrown. My buddy and I attempted to take the trail late friday night at ROTR 2012 only to find out the trail was overgrown. Bless!!
Re: Trail connecting Richardsons Grove to Frenchs Camp
January 11, 2013 03:01AM
The main road will be open. That is the main trail from the highway to the old bowl.
January 11, 2013 04:00AM
I assume your talking about the Trail from the back of the Oak Flats section of Richardsons Grove that enters into the bowl from the back side?

If that is not open that will make it a rough or very long hike from the Oak Flats area;...You would have to go thru the river bed rocks and wade the river or go out to the 101 and down the highway, that would suck big time.

If that back trail is not going to be open, Im most likely gonna cancel my camping reservation and not attend the festival. That back trail is critical for those camping in Oak Flats.

Maybe the people at Mateel know the answer to that question.
January 12, 2013 12:26AM
Grab yuh lass and make way for the rasta man.
January 12, 2013 12:31AM
Zoki on the back roads to French Camp.....

January 12, 2013 01:47AM
There is a fascinating tool called a machette. Very usefull in clearing overgrowth and brush when trying to create.or.open up existing trails....Just saying smiling smiley
January 12, 2013 02:05PM
east bay herbalist
There is a fascinating tool called a machette. Very usefull in clearing overgrowth and brush when trying to create.or.open up existing trails....Just saying smiling smiley

my favorite:
January 12, 2013 02:39PM
Yeah, just what you want to see being swung in the bush, on a mid-summer's night, by banks of the rocky Eel River....
January 12, 2013 03:19PM
Jahsprey
Yeah, just what you want to see being swung in the bush, on a mid-summer's night, by banks of the rocky Eel River....
Why not? How do you think the trail got cleared in the first place?
January 12, 2013 05:47PM
Works well in many situations and I'll be ready for the Zombie Apocalypse (which Cook's Valley kinda resembled last year).
January 12, 2013 06:00PM
EvanCR
Works well in many situations and I'll be ready for the Zombie Apocalypse (which Cook's Valley kinda resembled last year).

I like where your heads at thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up
January 12, 2013 07:25PM
Jahsprey

With the amount of incoherent people at the end of the night, that's a scary thought.
January 12, 2013 09:23PM
Just to be clear, I am not advocating everybody hit the bush with axes and chainsaws and destroy the forest. I am just suggesting that the trail might have become overgrown due to infrequency of use and might need to be opened up again. I encounter this situation on a regular and do infact hike with said tool so I can keep my favorite trails and pathways open. Im sure there is a responsible party or two amongst us that will be arriving earlier than others and might feel like taking a productive walk. winking smiley
January 12, 2013 09:41PM
Lass = Cutlass = Machete

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login