Taj Mahal?
January 17, 2013 12:18PM
Too far out for a "World" music festival? He has a wide range of material.
Re: Taj Mahal?
January 17, 2013 12:36PM
I love taj mahal and would be all in favor of an apperance by him at SNWMF this June...
January 17, 2013 12:41PM
His show at Kate Wolf Music Fest was great, but the material performed was way way way from the music we enjoy at SNWMF. His trio is amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2013 12:42PM by digitalguise.
January 17, 2013 01:45PM
He played at NWWRF and it was a good show. SNWMF is the perfect place for him to play. Sierra Nevada WORLD Music festival. Doesnt say reggae in the name at all.
January 17, 2013 02:58PM
Even thought it is mainly a reggae festival and most people go to see/hear reggae and when people talk about the best reggae festivals SNWMF is usually mentioned.
January 17, 2013 02:59PM
Taj Mahal is great, i've seen him several times and always enjoyed it. I love the Hula Band recordings. I heard him sing Chain Gang outside in Justin Herman Plaza in San Francisco many years ago, he had the whole crowd singing, Ooh, Aah . Unforgettable.

Love that reggae!
January 17, 2013 03:03PM
I first heard Taj Mahal during the summer of love and was a big fan during that time.
I'd love to see/hear him again....
January 17, 2013 03:05PM
I totally agree with you Mulligan, my point I was trying to make was SNWMF is also a festival where you can catch other artists. I remember my last SNWMF in 08 the band that played Sunday night was The Beat or The English beat and it was a lot of fun! I am all about reggae and I agree that SNWMF is the best REGGAE festival out there. I just like that they dont limit themselves to reggae!
January 17, 2013 04:28PM
I've heard some great "world" music at the festival - especially when midnite plays so I can move to the other stage.
King Chango
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
Cheb I Sabbah
El GranSilencio

but it is a reggae festival nonetheless.
January 17, 2013 06:56PM
dude has skills... been seeing Taj since I was a lil kid

Respect Same Way
January 17, 2013 08:49PM
Taj is an all-time great. SNWMF would be blessed to have him perform. And he has a few reggae songs up his sleeve too....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login