Reggae in Jamaica
January 23, 2013 04:57PM
Anyone know where to catch some real nice shows on the island?? I don't really want those touristy spots filled with Americans and frat boys that could care less about the music.. Tho we are planning to spend a few days in negril.. But catching at least one real show is very important to me.. Give thanks in advance
Re: Reggae in Jamaica
January 23, 2013 05:17PM
Most of the stageshows are in the winter. Some things happen in summer though. Gonna send you a PM later with some more details.
January 23, 2013 05:22PM
Sweet thanks bro
January 23, 2013 06:50PM
I think King Sturgav and some of those other foundation sounds play the North Coast fairly regularly. I would look for flyers when you're there, you might catch a good rub-a-dub dance on the beach with Josey, Charlie, etc.
January 23, 2013 07:52PM
North coast is mo bay??
January 24, 2013 03:34AM
North coast basically refers to anything between Mobay and St Mary.

The time of year you were planning on going there's gonna be a fair amount of soundsytem parties and that kinda thing, but not many live band kinda shows.

The best way to find shows in JA really is just keep an eye open for flyers on the road and word of mouth. Also be prepared for things to start late, as people don't even really bother showing up to the weekly parties till about midnight
January 24, 2013 09:45AM
Haha yeah I told my lady we would have to sleep in the day sometimes cuz those Jamaicans party laaaate
January 24, 2013 09:52AM
Any word on some sound names to look for?? I'd like the more rootsy vibe than the dancehall
January 24, 2013 11:50AM
You can check Negril Message Board for events in Negril and perhaps elsewhere as well. Click on "Entertainment" or read posts.

[negril.com]

Example:

Feb 2nd - 10pm to 2am Bunny Wailer Live Bourbon Beach

Feb 3rd - 6th Bob Marley Birthday Bash Various Locations
January 24, 2013 04:38PM
Sweet thanks for the heads up.. Ill check it out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login