Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tribute To The Legends Tips

Posted by ScottiB 
Tribute To The Legends Tips
January 26, 2013 08:53PM
I'm having a hard time waiting for SNWMF so I'm considering going to Tribute To The Legends in San Diego to get my fix until June.
I've never been, can anyone give me any pointers? Where to stay? Do I need a car or is t like San Francisco? Are there other shows going on in the days before or after? Is it a bigger crowd, smaller?

Many thanks for any advice.

Scotti B
Re: Tribute To The Legends Tips
January 27, 2013 08:01AM
If you stay downtown and close to the venue you shouldn't have a problem finding a place that has an airport shuttle(the airport is like 3 minutes from the venue) From anywhere in downtown, you can either take the trolley or a taxi(would be pretty cheap). there are a few hotels that are super close to the venue...not sure how much they run though. I haven't been to the new location yet, but it's much smaller than it used to be(used to be in the sports arena), but still a fairly big show. Jboog is on the 13th at the bellyup...not sure of other shows around that time other than that one. they are medical friendly from what I heard last year...just bring your script and you can get through the door without a problem. If you've never been to SD, cruise out its a beautiful city...should be a fun weekend!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 08:02AM by miguel.
January 27, 2013 08:07AM
went last year,same as U,,needed my fix. NOT a good venue, To MUCH Babylon,,No cheap,or GOOD brew available,Weird stage setup..This years lineup has me thinkin bout tryin again We stayed "walking distance" from venue,,,,,,,LOOOONG WALK,,was Irie cause San Diego in Feb is IRIE !! like i said,NOT cool venue Wherehouse on the water,,,But this lineup MIGHT bring us back,,if u go.... cool runnings ! See u at SNWMF !! thats where WE are one AGAIN !!
January 27, 2013 08:28AM
almost forgot the $ signs,,,,Any Hotel within 3 miles ......bring sum benjamis My Bredrin
January 28, 2013 09:24AM
not a good venue? pretty sure its better than an arena that can hold 10k+ people

too much babylon? wha? how much more chill can you get saying you are medical friendly? i take it you never went to the long beach arena?

venue on the water seems pretty irie to me.

any hotel room in downtown san diego, la, san francisco, etc is gonna be expensive. with that being said you can find plenty of deals for downtown SD on hotwire...had nuff luck with that in the past.

heritageMISSED
went last year,same as U,,needed my fix. NOT a good venue, To MUCH Babylon,,No cheap,or GOOD brew available,Weird stage setup..This years lineup has me thinkin bout tryin again We stayed "walking distance" from venue,,,,,,,LOOOONG WALK,,was Irie cause San Diego in Feb is IRIE !! like i said,NOT cool venue Wherehouse on the water,,,But this lineup MIGHT bring us back,,if u go.... cool runnings ! See u at SNWMF !! thats where WE are one AGAIN !!
January 28, 2013 06:01PM
Thanks, we're going!

The line up and warm San Diego weather were just too much of a draw.
You guys on the coast don't know how good you have it.
We bought tix to the show and have the flight booked.
I look forward to seeing a few SNWMF friends in the crowd and making new ones.

We plan on staying a few days, now to track down record shops and other gigs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 06:03PM by ScottiB.
January 28, 2013 10:18PM
Babylon def does not like cheap brews, those heathens.
January 28, 2013 10:56PM
Be sure to hit Lou's Records in Encinitas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login