Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT : Eugene Oregon

Posted by AJ 
AJ
OT : Eugene Oregon
January 27, 2013 07:02AM
Oregon posse ~ We are planning on spending 1 week in the Eugene area sometime after SNWMF.
Any suggestions on where to stay, like small hotels, cabins or camping? Good hiking trails? Music scene?
We'll be coming from Bandon, Oregon.
Thanks in advance.
AJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 07:35AM by AJ.
Re: OT : Eugene Oregon
January 29, 2013 10:36AM
Hi AJ,

I live in Bend, OR and have been to Eugene a few times. Mostly for Ducks football and shows! I can say that Couger Hotsprings is a must! I have friends that are born and raised in Eugene I will chat with them and find out about small cheap hotels or camping and other fun things to do! Be in touch soon!

Tyler
AJ
January 29, 2013 12:44PM
Thanks Tyler.
We love hotsprings! We went to one outside of Boise in the Sawtooth Mountains last year on the way home from SNWMF.
thumbs up
January 29, 2013 01:44PM
You should take the time to go to Breitenbush, if you are in the area... make a reservation.

[www.breitenbush.com]

Also, if your plans can include a trip up to Portland let me know!
AKA
January 29, 2013 01:50PM
Cougar Reservoir and hot springs is really nice. I'd also recommend hiking Spencer Butte on the south side of town. I haven't done it in years but I do remember it being a lovely hike with fantastic views.
Not sure if or when it still happens but the Oregon Country fair was always an interesting experience. Might want to check that out if your dates match up.
Be on the lookout for the endangered species known as The Hippy. They are nearing extinction, but I believe there are still sightings in Eugene.
I went to school there in the early 90's and really haven't spent much time back. Can't really speak on any current runnings as I'm sure it has changed quit a bit. When I was going to school down there it was a track town. Now I think its a football town.

Animal House was filmed in and around Eugene. Look for familiar landmarks. There are a lot.
AJ
January 30, 2013 07:40AM
Thanks bun n cheese for the additional info on another hot spring. I checked the website & it looks nice. I'll let you know if we do head up to Portland.

Also thanks AKA. We are definitely interested in endangered species! Spencer Butte sounds good.

thumbs upthumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login