Snoop Lion Rejected by Bunny Wailer & Rastas smoking smiley

Posted by DJKonnex 
Snoop Lion Rejected by Bunny Wailer & Rastas smoking smiley
January 29, 2013 01:24PM
SNOOP LION
REJECTED
by Bunny Wailer & Rastas

[QUOTED FROM TMZ.COM]

Snoop Lion, nee Snoop Dogg, has done the seemingly impossible -- pissed off a bunch of ganja smoking Rastafarians -- who claim he lied about becoming a Rasta just to make a movie and sell records ... and now they're threatening to sue.

Bunny Wailer -- an original member of Bob Marley and the Wailers -- tells TMZ he's heated about the docu-film "Reincarnated" ... which documented Snoop's immersion in the Rasta culture as he recorded his first reggae album in Jamaica last year.

Wailer claims Snoop has engaged in "outright fraudulent use of Rastafari Community's personalities and symbolism" -- and has failed to meet "contractual, moral and verbal commitments."

And it's not just Bunny who feels burned -- leaders of something called the Ethio-Africa Diaspora Union Millennium Council (aka Rastafari Millennium Council) -- fired off a 7-page demand letter to Snoop.

In the docs they claim to have made it clear to Snoop that "smoking weed and loving Bob Marley and reggae music is not what defines the Rastafari Indigenous Culture!"

Snoop Lion

Bottom line ... they want Snoop to stop using the name "Lion" ... pay up the "financial and moral support" they claim he committed, and issue a public apology.

If Snoop refuses -- FIRE WILL BUN FI HIM!! Or in layman's terms ... they're gonna sue his ass. We called Snoop for comment, and so far no word back.

Fakin' Da Funk91%
True Rasta9%
Total Votes: 42,817
*Poll Results

Read more: [www.tmz.com]
Visit the TMZ Store: [tmzstore.com]

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2013 01:38PM by DJKonnex.
Re: Snoop Lion Rejected by Bunny Wailer & Rastas smoking smiley
January 29, 2013 05:26PM
Oh Well.
January 29, 2013 05:46PM
You know you're on the right track in life if you garner Bob Marley's approval.

That means good news for Snoop Dogg's recent transformation into Snoop Lion, because Marley's son has confirmed that his late father would indeed appreciate the rapper turned reggae star's new image.

Rohan Marley, who used to play for the Canadian Football League and has five children with Lauryn Hill, told TMZ recently that the elder Marley would have loved Snoop's latest reinvention.

The Rastafarian Millennium Council previously chastised Snoop, saying he's done nothing more than jump on the Rasta bandwagon. Bunny Wailer, a former member of Bob Marley and the Wailers, is even going so far as to threaten to sue Snoop for what he says is a fraudulent claim to Rastafarianism. But Rohan says none of this is in line with what his father would have thought.

"Our father's name should not even be mentioned in this issue because, like a true Rasta, he would have embraced Snoop's reincarnation and welcomed the positivity," Rohan told TMZ. "Why condemn a man for his love of Rastafari and Bob Marley?"

Rohan said Snoop, who has stated that his new image is inspired by Bob Marley, will continue to have the family's "blessings and support" in his reggae endeavors.

Snoops first reggae album, entitled "Reincarnated," is due in spring 2013.
January 29, 2013 06:35PM
TMZ

There you go.
February 01, 2013 02:26PM
February 01, 2013 04:19PM
rohan who?! the marley son no one hardly ever heard of? the son who was never down with the rest of the boys? isn't he the one married to lauren hill?! gee go figure he approves..... eye rolling smiley

it's 1 thing to claim transformation, but to claim reincarnation (something that rasta nah believe in cuz rasta no dead) is just ignorant, disrespectful, and given that calvin broadus was born before bob died, just plain illogical..... smoking smiley

it seems snoop has confused rastafari livity with reggae lifestyle..... confused smiley

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
February 01, 2013 04:38PM
Yes, because it's so obvious he's 'selling out', since reggae is sooo much more lucrative than rap.
Maybe he's reasoned with Rastas, and now just would like to be considered as something a bit more more noble than a canine?
February 05, 2013 10:04AM
Haaaa Good one Stammy!
February 05, 2013 11:40AM
i have a snoop story which directly involves my family..

in the last year or so, i have been doing family research.. and in the course of doing all that, i united with my brother, sister, and aunt. some of us were adopted out which is the reason we had to be 'found' again.

in any case, my siblings were brought up with our father in the long beach area. and as some may know, my father was a well known musician from the 60s and 70s era.. anyway, when my father died in the mid 90s our family was sort of in disarray. my grandmother had just retired from the long beach ship yards.. however during her lifetime of employment there, she became friends with snoop's mother. when my father died my grandmother wasnt in good shape and all other family members were off elsewhere. so it was snoop and his mother who handled funeral arrangements and such.

i just learned this recently, so whatever comments i had about snoop.. i must have to take back my chat.
February 06, 2013 08:38AM
Rohan Marley was one of the first Marley kids outside of Ziggy that anyone heard of. He used to ball for Miami when they were THE U. Playing middle linebacker at 200lbs at that time earns a lot of respect.

As to Snoop...this whole thing is stupid. He can do what he wants. No one did anything to anyone. If people are exploiting Rasta, Rasta should have seen it coming from a mile away, there are several bible verses about the subject.
February 07, 2013 06:05AM
...so a former football player in US speaks for rastafarianism....Aren't there like 7 other Marley kids (never heard of before) to get a quote from....Didn't Bob Marley have a spiritual transformation himself halfway thru his career from Rastarianism to the "twelve tribes of Judah"....What religion focusues the most on Reincarnation? ..Anyone got more info on that
February 07, 2013 09:30AM
no...that isn't what I said at all. I guess my point would be that no one speaks for anything and that is why this whole thing is dumb. I love Bunny, but Bunny is a guy just like the rest of us and as such is in no position to speak FOR anyone other then himself.

Twelve Tribes is Rasta....as far as reincarnation I am sure there are several. Spiritual Re birth...also several.
February 07, 2013 12:12PM
randomguy2u wrote".Didn't Bob Marley have a spiritual transformation himself halfway thru his career from Rastarianism to the "twelve tribes of Judah"....What religion focusues the most on Reincarnation? ..Anyone got more info on that "

bob was a member of twelve tribes of israel (his tribe was Joseph) and at them end of his life was baptized in the ethiipian orthodox faith
budhism and hinduism are the big reincarnation faiths.

a
February 07, 2013 12:29PM
ok 12 tribes is a branch of rasta.....but "baptized in ethiipian orthodox faith"....is that? is that when he finally gave in to chemo and lost his dreads?
---side note wasn't Snoop Lion album due out back in October? ....Snoop Dog still on tour singing "bitches ain't @#$%& but hoes and tricks"....he must have to wait for the movie to come out for full transformation
February 07, 2013 12:53PM
at the end of Bob's trod I think his wife had him Baptaized into the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. I also think this may be the oldest church in existence. I believe Selasie was a member.
February 07, 2013 01:25PM
its also speculation(or in don taylor's book) that bob woke up from a deep coma/sleep.. and on his death bed sighted Jesus Christ as his savior.. basically denouncing the whole rasta thing.

something along those lines..
February 07, 2013 02:45PM
All of Bob's kids from Rita were baptized in the EOC, and even certain Rastas get baptized in the EOC. It's not that far of stretch for Bob to do the same, although BV brought up an alternative view that is the opinion of many.

Ninja, Armenians and Ethiopians both claim to be the oldest Christian countries, although the oldest established church would probably be the Roman church. The baptizing of the Ethiopian eunuch by Phillip did not establish the EOC, contrary to popular belief.

Peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2013 02:51PM by J_72.
February 08, 2013 08:11AM
for those interested in his supposed conversion.

[www.christianpost.com]
February 08, 2013 09:50AM
The Roman Church was not a "church" until well after Christ had come and gone. If you look back at the lineage it makes Zero sense that the oldest Church would be in Armenia? Why? Where is Armenia even spoken of in the Holy text? Eithiopia and the lineage of the King pass through Solomon and Sheba (Queen of Ethiopia). Christ fled to "Ethiopia aka Africa" to avoid being killed at the time by Herod...not Armenia...just sayin. I get your point though. I am sure there is no Scientific basis for claiming to be the oldest.
February 08, 2013 10:05AM
Armenia and Ethiopia both claim to be the first official Christian countries, based on when they, as a nation and government, officially converted to Christianity. Ethiopia, as a country, did not convert to Christianity until the 4th Century. Armenia officially converted around the same time. The oldest "official" Christian church was probably the Roman, Ethiopian, Armenian or even the Church of the East.

I am distinguishing between official churches and national conversions versus a few citizens of that country converting to Christianity.

Peace
February 08, 2013 11:16AM
bigvein
for those interested in his supposed conversion.

[www.christianpost.com]

When he converted seems to be the debate, not did he convert or not. What's amusing is the comments below the article trying to justify everything but Bob being baptized.
February 08, 2013 12:48PM
Bunny - in the day you come out with a crucial song:

"Bright soul, bright soul, you reach the River Jordan and you turn back now"

Bunny it be good fi remember the original intention of dem lyric otherwize original turn ginnal

Bunny me was a witness in 1989 when you come to Yabby You and beg help with your frustrations in the music business and the injustice in society. You was crying that your inner-life was painful anxiety ... but you rejected Yabby's counseling - then when they bottle you off the Sting stage new-years 1990 you again seek Yabby's advise but all he could say is: "I told you your problem result from the mental illness of man made religion ... how them fool the people to rule the people" ... But you again refuse to listen and Yabby tell you there was nothing more he could do to help until you get ovah your stubborn mentality.

Bunny is now 2013 and you still refusing to listen.

Next thing - Yabby no say this then ... but now, with the benefit of the passage of time mi say this:

The ishense is a powerful medicine given to us by the Creator to be used appropriately ... for example, aspirin is a medicine derived from willow bark and serves a purpose ... but if the aspirin is used inappropriately it will rot out the liver.

Question ? ... Is it appropriate to use the ganj habitually to get irie? Is not the state of irie-ness a thing of personal transformation rather than a habitual use of a medicine that never achieves the irie-ness one seeks? Don't fool yourself ... Inebriation is inebriation, so instead of mock the sufferer in the rum bar ... it better to take an honest look at yourself ... otherwise the ganja turn gone-jah

To those with appropriate medicinal need for weed - Carry On ... For those stuck in habitual patterns Dr. Feel Good prescribes a 10 day fast ... When Yasus walked this earth one day the apostles ask: "Master - what about the tradition of fasting - should we be fasting? And Yasus reply: "Do you fast at a wedding party? There will be time for fasting later."

This is obviously the later & wi mortals cannot predict the plot - but can it get much later?

Bunny wi love ya ... You is a foundation man from the golden age of reggae and your beauty is already written into the Book of Life ... take heed now and every likkle ting gunna be alright
====<><><><>====
with love and ispect to all the Ras still
Alex Peacemaker
February 08, 2013 02:56PM
Irie FM wrote:

Snoop Lion NOT Beaten By Rastas
K&#039;Shema Francis's picture
Posted by K'Shema Francis on 08/02/2013 at 5:21pm

Allegations that Snoop Lion was mobbed by Rastas at Bobo Hill are SO FALSE!!!

The internet was in a frenzy following fake reports on several websites that Snoop Lion was beaten by rastas for making an insulting comment and was subsequently hospitalized at the Kingston Public Hospital (KPH). The rumour also suggested that Snoop Lion was accompanied to Bobo Hill by PopCaan.

BUT HERE ARE THE FACTS: Snoop Lion is still in the United States and was at his Reincarnated movie screening last night in Los Angeles at the Harmony Gold Theatre on Sunset Boulevard.

Toots Hibbert was also in attendance at Snoop’s movie premier and will do a collab with the rapper on the True Love 2, one of the albums being produced by Toots.

And as for PopCaan, Poppi is not on the island, as he’s in Trinidad for a show! So the big question is; why are people spreading rumours about Snoop and Rastas, are they trying to bring disunity and make rastas look violent and disorganized?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login