Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black History Month Anthems

Posted by aquaponics 
Black History Month Anthems
February 02, 2013 04:31AM
I've always felt this one "from the deep". Post up your Black History Anthems here.....

Re: Black History Month Anthems
February 02, 2013 06:37AM
bun out the 'throw them a bone' mentality..

black history is american history... this should be a 12month celebration or acknowledgment.

same way MLK bday 'sell-a-nation' is really a reminder to 'know your place'

as muta say... 'check it'
February 03, 2013 06:07AM
Some require reminders:

February 03, 2013 08:01AM
Everything is different to everybody. I understand how you feel that a one day celebration of a black leader doesn't make up for 364 days of discrimination, but if you heard the way the tea party republicans i work with talk about it, you would understand that it's a very important step. These people must be exposed to the good in everyone, because it didn't come with the package they were raised with. Their children get taught about MLK in school instead of just by their racist parents. To you, it's a reminder that many people of color have been told to stay in 'their place'. To my republican friends, it's a reminder that 'that place' continues to get smaller and smaller. The more threatened they feel, the better i feel. Like the current gun debate, the madder these guys get, the better off we will all be.

Love that reggae!
AKA
February 03, 2013 11:07AM
Don Carlos - Black History

February 03, 2013 11:55AM
Blessid Love Nomo I agree with every word you wrote 1000%!! Freedom of Speech!
February 03, 2013 12:00PM
Regarding Dr. King, I celebrate his birthday much as I do others I respect highly.

Peace
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login