Advanced

Khari Kill in Santa cruz

Posted by dubgroove 
Khari Kill in Santa cruz
February 09, 2013 01:45AM
video: [youtu.be] Moe's Alley March 3, 2013
Re: Khari Kill in Santa cruz
February 09, 2013 02:39AM
word bring khari kill to Ashkenaz or New Parish.....
Re: Khari Kill CD release party @ Moe's Alley, Santa Cruz
February 09, 2013 05:17PM
Big show honoring the release of Khari Kill's long-awaited all-new album Born to Rule. It may be Khari's only NorCal performance this time around, so don't miss it! He'll be backed by the I Dwell Players, who have built original deep-roots riddim tracks for Luciano, Capleton, Pressure, Niyorah, Mikey General and many other great artists.
February 09, 2013 07:17PM
feel a sick day comin on Monday the 4th.....
Re: Khari Kill CD release party @ Moe's Alley, Santa Cruz
February 16, 2013 04:12PM
[From the Moe's Alley website: http://moesalley.com/artist.php?id=1642&artist=Khari_Kill

Khari Kill

Sunday, March 3rd
Trinidad's Reggae Returns Backed By The I Dwell Players
9:00 PM, Doors Open 8:00 PM, $10 advance, $15 day of show,

Moe's Alley presents the debut performance of reggae's rising star KHARI KILL & band.

Born in the ghetto of La Horquetta in Trinidad, Khari Kill discovered at a young age his gift for songwriting and love of reggae music. Khari Kill bases his name and lyrics on his determination to help end oppression, injustice, racism, poverty and evil in both high and low places.
Khari performs with high energy and spirit and has delivered his dynamic performances to concert halls throughout Europe, the Caribbean Islands and in the USA since his hit debut single "Picture of Selassie" on the Massive B label, which went straight to #1 on reggae charts worldwide. His music is buzzing throughout the streets of New York City and is circulating on all underground radio stations as well as Hot 97 FM, Power 105.1 FM and WBLS 107.5 FM. His videos can be seen on MTV Tempo and many networks in the Caribbean, Europe and the USA.
This concert marks the release of Khari Kill's first concept album Born To Rule, a massive roots rock reggae project from California's own I Dwell Records. Born To Rule is the album his many devoted fans worldwide have been waiting for since he exploded onto the reggae scene several years ago. Khari Kill's high-powered stage show is NOT to be missed!

Accompanying Khari Kill for the first time live will be the I Dwell Players, the same musicians that helped create the Born To Rule album. The I Dwell Players are the studio musicians responsible for all the recent work from California-based record label I Dwell Records. In the last several years this group of talented veteran reggae players has brought us original roots rhythms such as the "Fyah Fureal" riddim which impacted the reggae world this last year with massive anthems by many of the top names in reggae - Niyorah, Pressure, Luciano, Norris Man and Mikey General just to name a few - and more recently built and recorded the "Moon's Riddim," which is already getting huge airplay with tunes like Capleton's "Hunting For My Soul" and Khari Kill's "Burn Dem Down." The I Dwell Players' signature rhythms are the musical backbone of Khari Kill's fresh new release Born to Rule.

This is the first time the reggae massive will get to hear an I Dwell Records release the way it should be heard -- performed live by the same musicians who created the original rhythms and played on the recording. Don't miss this very rare and special happening in the reggae community!
February 16, 2013 04:27PM
Joshwa
feel a sick day comin on Monday the 4th.....

More like a WELL day! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 16, 2013 05:13PM
Can't forget! Also nicing up the vibes of this show: an all-star lineup of selectas featuring Santa Cruz' own Daddy Spleece (Reality Sounds Int'l), Zion Cub (Irie Sounds Int'l), Selecta I-Life, Bobo & Jack Riddim (My Youth Hi-fi). X-amount a boom chune ago bus'!
February 16, 2013 11:17PM
Boom Bless Up Santa Cruz Massive! Khari Kill 'The Dragon Slayer"!
February 18, 2013 10:10AM
anyone know any other dates? socal?
February 19, 2013 10:27PM
BUMP! BOOM!smoking smiley
February 21, 2013 01:19AM
From the Moe's Alley website calendar:

About Khari Kill

Born in the ghetto of La Horquetta in Trinidad, Khari Kill discovered at a young age his gift for songwriting and love of reggae music. Khari Kill bases his name and lyrics on his determination to help end oppression, injustice, racism, poverty and evil in both high and low places.

Khari performs with high energy and spirit and has delivered his dynamic performances to concert halls throughout Europe, the Caribbean Islands and in the USA since his hit debut single "Picture of Selassie" on the Massive B label, which went straight to #1 on reggae charts worldwide. His music is buzzing throughout the streets of New York City and is circulating on all underground radio stations as well as Hot 97 FM, Power 105.1 FM and WBLS 107.5 FM. His videos can be seen on MTV Tempo and many networks in the Caribbean, Europe and the USA.

This concert marks the release of Khari Kill's first concept album Born To Rule, a massive roots rock reggae project from California's own I Dwell Records. Born To Rule is the album his many devoted fans worldwide have been waiting for since he exploded onto the reggae scene several years ago. Khari Kill's high-powered stage show is NOT to be missed!

Accompanying Khari Kill for the first time live will be the I Dwell Players, the same musicians that helped create the Born To Rule album. The I Dwell Players are the studio musicians responsible for all the recent work from California-based record label I Dwell Records. In the last several years this group of talented veteran reggae players has brought us original roots rhythms such as the "Fyah Fureal" riddim[/url] which impacted the reggae world this last year with massive anthems by many of the top names in reggae - Niyorah, Pressure, Luciano, Norris Man and Mikey General just to name a few - and more recently built and recorded the "Moon's Riddim," which is already getting huge airplay with tunes like Capleton's "Hunting For My Soul" and Khari Kill's "Burn Dem Down." The I Dwell Players' signature rhythms are the musical backbone of Khari Kill's fresh new release Born to Rule.

This is the first time the reggae massive will get to hear an I Dwell Records release the way it should be heard -- performed live by the same musicians who created the original rhythms and played on the recording. Don't miss this very rare and special happening in the reggae community!
February 22, 2013 04:46PM
Khari's first hit, which shot to #1 on reggae charts worldwide:

February 22, 2013 07:25PM
Big Up the I-Dwell Playas!

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
February 25, 2013 11:29PM
Video of a choon from Khari's new album Born to Rule
Hotta fyah! Must've been a costly one to make, considering the price of gas these days...

February 26, 2013 05:46PM
Tune in to KZSC-FM 88.1 from UCSC this morning at 11 for an in-depth interview with the always conscious and thoughtful Trinidadian singjay sensation KHARI KILL by deejay Daddy Spleece on his "All Fruits Ripe" reggae show.
Sunday, March 3rd @ Moe's Alley, Santa Cruz you'll be able to catch Khari live and direct with the musicians who built the riddims for his new album "Born to Rule".
March 01, 2013 01:07AM
Here's a detailed review of Khari Kill's new album Born to Rule, the release of which will be celebrated Sunday night Mar. 3rd @ Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz. Khari will be performing with the I Dwell Players, who created and recorded the roots riddims Khari chants so effectively and soulfully upon.
March 04, 2013 02:25AM
From sfgate.com about the epic show TONIGHT at Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz! Don't miss a full night of KHARI KILL at his CD release concert with the I Dwell Players, the backing musicians who created and recorded the tracks for his Born to Rule album!
March 04, 2013 02:35PM
March 06, 2013 04:25PM
i heard this was the best reggae show some people had seen in a while. i wish i could of made it....
March 06, 2013 05:16PM
It was nice, even given my exhausted state of being that night. Had the old house party vibe that Moe's generates when it's got a decent crowd of like-minded people with room to dance.

Ites.
March 06, 2013 09:55PM
Much thanks for coming out Gary, absolutely right about the vibes, I had a blast and Khari was right in that groove of being both charismatic and accessible. I'm just sorry we didn't have time to reason, my night vision sucks so couldn't find you when we were done.
March 06, 2013 10:13PM
I was gone and down when you were done, my friend.
The early biologist gets the bird.
March 07, 2013 12:49AM
Yeah Gary, a lot of people had that problem on Sun. night vs. Mon. morning...myself included.
Here's a little snippet of the show, although the quality pales by comparison with Nomotrouble's efforts:

March 09, 2013 04:06PM
April 16, 2013 08:53PM
Fellow Trinidadian and bredren of khari, King Shasha, is currently perfoming every sattaday night @ Diamond Lil's Lakeside in Big Bear Lake, Ca. more info to come.

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login