Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rest in Paradise Sis Issa

Posted by Ras_Adam 
Rest in Paradise Sis Issa
February 09, 2013 07:31AM
Gail Zucker posted that Sis Diane Issa has joined the ancestors. God bless her fam & friends she was a huge part of the reggae world for years with her camera,
love you Issa!
a

Re: Rest in Paradise Sis Issa
February 09, 2013 07:47AM
February 09, 2013 07:48AM
SNWMF will never be the same without her. May JAH bless and keep you for ivermore Diane...
February 09, 2013 08:14AM
Wow, didn't know her personally but followed her works and words on these forums for years. RIP Sis Issa!
February 09, 2013 08:27AM
Wow, what a shock this morning. I knew Diane had her share of health issues but I still didn't expect this. I got the news as I was downloading photos I took at a show last night and as I was getting ready to travel to San Diego for the festival there. I got to know Diane at different shows across the country. I think back to many of the big reggae events in my life, Montreal, Rebel Salute, Sumfest, LA and of course SNWMF and Diane was there. While I know that she'll still be there in spirit, it won't be the same. RIP
February 09, 2013 08:31AM
I'm sad today. Diane Issa was such a bright and giving soul. Thanks to her for the lovely images she gave the world. A true reggae ambassador. My deepest condolences to her loved ones.
February 09, 2013 09:22AM
So sad to wake up this morning and see this on fb timeline. One of the many people I truly looked forward to seeing every summer. Met her years ago in Angels Camp. Rest in Reggae Paradise and RAWspect everytime sis.
February 09, 2013 09:38AM
Walking backstage at Sierra, I would always look forward to her smile and unique sense of humor. Love you Diane, RIP

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
February 09, 2013 09:55AM
The worldwide Reggae Community has lost another "family member", Diane Issachar - talented photographer and long time supporter of reggae music. We spoke many times over the last few months and her NUMBER ONE hope was to make it to Sierra Nevada World Music Festival in California this summer. Diane - I know now you WILL be there and your presence will be felt in a greater realm than the physical. There are many joyful tales and memories of Diane, for me, going back to the days on the Feather River in Marysville and my first trips west from Chicago. Always backstage or in the photo pit with a huge smile and a hug for me - it is hard to imagine what it will be like without her there in a physical form. We'll also miss Bob Salzman's smile brightening the same spaces over the years. Jah Rastafari bless and protect them and their friends and extended families. My sister (and brother), may you rest in Power.
February 09, 2013 10:09AM
Like Evan said...Diane and Bob were two of the folks I looked forward to seeing every SNWMF. It won't be the same without them. They will both be sorely missed. I was just thinking about Diane less than a few hours ago.

Jah Son
February 09, 2013 10:10AM
very sad news. I too got to know her from SNWMF and other Reggae shows over the years. I will miss chatting with her at SNWMF this year and with the passing of Bob Salzman- our festival family will miss them. Let us not forget their smiles and photos.

Also yesterday I heard of the passing of Upsetter and Hippy Boy, Alva "Reggie" Lewis

DJ Big Jim

Ridgetop Ranking Reggae Radio show
Friday Nights 8-10pm PST
KMEC 105.1fm Ukiah, CA
[www.kmecradio.org]
February 09, 2013 01:08PM
Diane was a loved member of the reggae photography family in addition to being a dear friend. In some ways, reggae and Diane are birds of a feather. SHe has been a part of my reggae knowledge since the beginning and a mentor to photography.

I know she was fighting to attend SNWMF this summer. It was the ONE thing she talked about frequently when I had the chance to talk to her over the past four months or so. I had not spoken to her recently and did not expect she was so close to passing.

Let us light a candle at SNWMF and maybe have a little tribute at our normal meeting spot before the show opens on that Friday. Diane often participated in that collective meeting of minds.

She will always be remembered. This photo taken in Alligator Pond. Zema, me and Diane. We used to kid around and call ourselves the Three I's.

February 09, 2013 04:03PM
Its always sad to lose such wonderfull person . RIP sister ISSA.
February 10, 2013 08:43AM

The photographers at reggae music festivals are a unique clique of artists. We get to know each other, respect each other's work and passions. Diane had lots of skills with a camera, and plenty more as a human being. We are going to miss her. Such sad news.
Rest in peace.
One bright morning when my work is over, man will fly away home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2013 08:44AM by digitalguise.
February 10, 2013 09:45AM
Diane was one of those people you couldn't help but like. I always enjoyed seeing her either here or in boonville and catching up. Any time you spoke to her you knew how she felt and always got a genuine sense of her good character.
February 10, 2013 01:20PM
Sad to hear the news.

I knew her enuff to say hello, can't remember exactly when we met...sometime in the mid-90's perhaps at LB Hyatt Hotel Press Conferences for Bob Marley Day. I think she also helped out answering the phones, etc. at the KCRW radio show The Beat with Roger and Hank Holmes in the 1980's.

She will be missed. RIP
February 10, 2013 10:22PM
"light a candle" fe real. Sis Issa welcomed me as a newbie years ago and has been a most welcome face everywhere we ran across each other. A bright soul with a real smile, rest in power sista, you will be missed... Even if there is no official moment for her it would be a good thing if we can hold a moment of silence, prayer and thankfulness for her in the photo pit this year.

One.
February 11, 2013 12:43AM
Diane, gonna miss the grip a CD's You all ways had fi share, from unknown various artists (evry year) over the years and years...
that warm smile is with mi still, sista / jah guidancy

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
February 11, 2013 09:43AM
Damn...
March 24, 2013 06:29AM
March 27, 2013 07:26AM
RIP!
March 29, 2013 04:37PM
Is this the Same Couple that was called up on stage by Cherine Anderson (top Photo) ??? a yr or 2 ago???

R.I.P.

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
March 29, 2013 09:45PM

Is this the Same Couple that was called up on stage by Cherine Anderson (top Photo) ??? a yr or 2 ago???

Most definately not. That's Diane and Freddie McGregor....
April 07, 2013 12:24PM
April 08, 2013 05:49PM
Daniel

Most definately not. That's Diane and Freddie McGregor....

Oh.. that is Freddie isn't it!
Nuff Condolences to every 1 effected by her passing Same Way.

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login