Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slightly Stoopid....worth a second look

Posted by akee123 
Slightly Stoopid....worth a second look
February 09, 2013 11:01PM
Its easy not to like reggae rock bands but should I feel guilty for liking Slightly Stoopid? They do great backing tracks for Don Carlos and even do a Donovan Banzai cover on latest album. They have morphed from punk reggae to more rootsy sounding, albeit their own, sound.

Live horns as well....remember those in reggae?
Re: Slightly Stoopid....worth a second look
February 09, 2013 11:03PM
these guys are the REAL DEAL...& they know the music & history.....
February 10, 2013 12:22AM
they were a great show back in the mid to late 90s when they were opening for sublime... their acoustic album is pretty good too

they have as bad a fanbase as just about anyone though

Respect Same Way
February 10, 2013 12:39AM
Nobody should feel guilty about liking any band. As far as this band goes, they have a couple of songs I like, but they are not among my favorite artists out there.
February 10, 2013 12:53AM
We thought the same but lately have been listening to some Slightly Stoopid and are starting to like them.........................
February 10, 2013 12:07PM
saw them last week at the bellyup and they are sounding better than ever....they have added karl denson(a great jazz sax player) to their lineup which fills it out quite nice. they were posting pictures on their facebook a few days ago of toots down at their studio in SD.

February 10, 2013 04:32PM
as far as cali rock reggae goes these guys are good.....that no cocaine tune and the version w/ Capleton are dope(sic)
they should drop some more 45's
February 12, 2013 11:48PM
Like Strikkly says, this No Cocaine remix is tight, I run it now and again.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
February 13, 2013 02:35AM
I haven't heard any new tunes I liked from them this century but like I said before the acoustic album and the early stuff is solid...

Respect Same Way
February 13, 2013 10:26PM
I agree with Jah Mike, never feel bad for liking the music you like. Slightly Stoopid isn't my favorite, but they definitely have some sick tunes (really dig the No Cocaine remix and some tunes off their new album Top of the World). I can understand if some reggae fans don't like their style, but you can't deny as a band their quality of sound is pretty on point

[mp3]

[/mp3]
February 14, 2013 02:17AM
What I respect about them is how they involve artists such as Barrington Levy, Don Carlos, Half Pint, and weave in D Brown and King Yellowman songs in their concerts.
AJ
February 14, 2013 12:46PM
Jah Mike
Nobody should feel guilty about liking any band.
True.....
I've been a ABBA fan since 1976. And I'm proud of it. I would love to hear "Dancing Queen" ina the dance Saturday night!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2013 12:50PM by AJ.
BZM
February 14, 2013 06:53PM
These guys are solid musicians.
February 14, 2013 08:35PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login